❤️ Various ET News

Moo_the_best_cow

sarNie Juvenile
Yes proud of Bow, wanted to see if Mik was gonna follow suit but he hasn't been active much these days. I miss Mik and My favorite couple.
Me too but I'm not pressuring Mik, he hasn't been active and we all know there's many other ways to help. He's quite vocal about these situations and donated a lot in the past so I definitely believe he's helping too. About Bow, I'm proud too! She also donated for Chiang Mai people during the forest fires and now this. Love to see her growth.

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
dang they really unfollow all the daras that dont show support. Mookda from 1M followers to 990K
Seriously those people??? Just because they are fans does not mean they have to control their idols to speak up on sensitive matters. They are not aware that it will cost their idols career.

Checked her IG and it is still 1M though

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
Seriously those people??? Just because they are fans does not mean they have to control their idols to speak up on sensitive matters. They are not aware that it will cost their idols career.
Im sorry i think ive wrongly saw other celebs ig. I checked again its still 1M lol

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
Im sorry i think ive wrongly saw other celebs ig. I checked again its still 1M lol
No worries lol. But dang those fans are so entitled. I see some celebs who speak up are those who will still do fine since they are not that restricted much but big stars are at risk if they do so

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
No worries lol. But dang those fans are so entitled. I see some celebs who speak up are those who will still do fine since they are not that restricted much but big stars are at risk if they do so
agree. The big stars are more at risk and theyre the one who're getting attack by the thai netz.

Chompoo has the most unfollow with -21k (she posted her bikini pics yesterday during the protest lol) followed by bright,Yaya and aum -7K

Look at the amount of RTs. They really be hating on yaya ive never seen her got so much hate

20201017_195304.jpg

Last edited:

buroguhonyaku

sarNie Hatchling
I'm guessing mint and her brothers are also being "cornered" into posting about it seeing how her brothers all made posts about it around the same time?

I don't know it's a very sensitive topic. I can understand why these celebrities choose not to speak up bc their livelihood is on the line if they do bc for all we know maybe they're held back by contracts legally, channel, and etc from getting involved in politics.

Personally, I wish they would use their platforms to bring attention to something of this gravity but these celebs maybe don't believe in the cause either and that's why they're starting quiet. I get being used to a monarchy that only you've known of, like they worship these leaders, get on their knees in their presence-- kind of hard to maybe want change since they're used to it. I do feel for the protesters tho, and I hope they stay strong. Being from America, where so many people don't use their right to vote and where we do have the freedom of speech--it makes you think how privileged we are despite how crazy and sad the state of our society is in right now--we still have our rights to choose and speak against those in power while these people don't and are fighting for their right to do so.
Nah, Mint's brothers have been posting about the movement for quite a while now (not just now), so they probably weren't cornered into it. Mint probably felt obligated to post now due to the escalation of the situation, but I feel that her views probably align with her bros anyway.

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
agree. The big stars are more at risk and theyre the one who're getting attack by the thai netz.

Chompoo has the most unfollow with -21k (she posted her bikini pics yesterday during the protest lol) followed by bright,Yaya and aum -7K

Look at the amount of RTs. They really be hating on yaya ive never seen her got so much hate

View attachment 39093
These so called fans think it is easy for the idols to speak up in this kind of situation... people always have something you say. Damn if you do, damn if you don't. I hope Thai people will get the freedom that they deserve.

Chompoo is on fire with her bikini pics as if she did not gave birth to twins!

Som123

sarNie Hatchling

View attachment 39093
Wow 28.1K RTs ? Thats a lot. Why are these peoplw so desperate for her voice? Clearly she did nothing wrong. unnecessary hate

Last edited:

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
Theyre desperate for a voice from these big time celebrities simply bc their voices are not being heard. The media is rarely covering it, it's not making the waves it should. So, these people want their idols with a platform to do so that it can bring attention to the cause bc they do have access to the public and media in ways that the average citizen doesn't. Idk I'm not saying it's fair of them to demand their idols to speak out on it but I get it.

In America, people got upset with social media stars and some celebrities for not using their platforms for the Black Lives Matter movement, you get criticized for not speaking and you get criticized for only speaking on it after being badgered to do so.

I get both sides i really do. But I'm sure it's not the first run around political issues for the stars so I'm sure those who choose to stay silent can handle the heat. Just a matter of choosing between criticism from netizens, losing possible money from your Fandom and or losing your contact and money with your channel, and your endorsements. I'm sure they know what they're giving up.

Last edited:

forgotusername

Miksmouse
Man I really do understand the protestors tho I mean when u have 10M followers ur sure your message will reach a wider audience and so that's why people are kinda disappointed, they re not allowed to protest so they see them as a way for the message to go far you know. Think about it as if they were celebrities from your country and u have the same issues, u'll understand both sides better.

bit

sarNie Adult
Media is not covering it because the media is ban from reporting it. Thai Conventional media blackout order. Not that they are not interested, but they can’t. Only international media outlets can cover it without repercussion.

So social media is the only option.

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
Media is not covering it because the media is ban from reporting it. Thai Conventional media blackout order. Not that they are not interested, but they can’t. Only international media outlets can cover it without repercussion.

So social media is the only option.
Exactly which is why I can understand their feelings for wanting this daras with large followings to speak up.

Hard situation all over. I feel for their frustration and I do understand the hard place it puts these stars in too

Som123

sarNie Hatchling
They want the big stars to speak up on the protest without considering the consequences if they did
Well as mentioned before, they want daras to speak up for their convenience but they didnt think of the consequences that these stars may face in the future. I dont know, in my country, we dont really expect our stars to voice out their opinion regarding politic issues thus no one actually pressured them to speak up

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
Well as mentioned before, they want daras to speak up for their convenience but they didnt think of the consequences that these stars may face in the future. I dont know, in my country, we dont really expect our stars to voice out their opinion regarding politic issues thus no one actually pressured them to speak up
Sadly here in the Philippines they also force idols to speak up or risk getting cancelled. That happened during the shut down of a major TV network. They think their career is more important than being one with the nation to the point of spamming their comment section.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I really feel for the protesters. When you live in a country where speaking out against the government is a big no no, having these big celebrities support your cause and speak out along side you to their millions and millions of followers is the best thing in the world for them. The media in Thailand isn’t giving the protesters the platform they deserve to have their message heard and the government is aggressively not allowing them to speak freely about their cause. I really do understand why they would want the A-listers to speak up for them because it’s not really a small issue. It’s something that’s affecting the whole country and where these celebrities get their money from aka their fans. I understand both sides. While I do agree that people with huge platforms should use it for good in situations like what’s happening in Thailand right now, I don’t believe it’s right to try and cancel someone for not speaking on it. It’s fine if you don’t want to support someone anymore who doesn’t want to you use their voice to support you but actively trying to boycott them as a whole is just not it for me. These celebs also have families and they have careers that they care for as well just like all the protesters. Speaking out does have consequences for some of them.

If you don’t want to use your voice that’s fine but I feel like the celebs should be a bit more respectful to the protesters even if they don’t want to speak out. I feel it’s a bit tone deaf to be posting things like bikini pictures and vacation pics while your whole country is suffering and in turmoil. I feel like they should at least realize what type of influence and privilege they have and just keep those types of posts to themselves for now.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Yup...many...I am fortunate to be in usa ....and we can talk shit online all we want without prosecution and risk 12 + yrs of jail time when you go against the government.

Many places in Asia and Europe still has these restrictions

I was born in the refugee camp.....many usa people are spoiled.....

I wish them all the best...but I don't think anyone should be force to post....unless they want to disappear and lose their career like joy Sirluk. They can support it in a different way....donate money to the organization ......anonymously or do a simple post of them wishing for peace and understanding.

Om posted that violence is not the answer/solution....

For me....I feel certain things should be separate. I.E. sports....(I'm not a sport watcher) but I feel ppl should play the sport and not use it as a political platform. Just play the game. I also feel that they should do that in their own person time to express it. Outside of the job. Unfortunately for Asian ET. There is too many ramifications when they try to express it outside of work.

I.e. BTS is now Ban in china....because of RM speech....which I saw nothing wrong with it.

China is the king of the cancel culture ....the lead from untamed was canceled cuz of overzealous fan (posting exotic BL stories). It became his fault and he lost work.
In France justice is under the control of the pedocriminal elite to the point some protecting mothers or fathers flee the country ! Parents who want to fight and denounce that and save their kids are put in jail or consistently in custody in FRANCE !!!! In france no innocent celebrity dare and talk about that (you can lose it all even your life like Isaac Kappy in USA). Journalists are mad scared to touch this subject and get death threats when they try. I am talking about France. Freedom of speech *eyesroll*. In Belgium the former parliament member called Laurent Louis who exposed publicly the darkest part of the marc dutroux file that the elite tries and hide and revealed how the former Belgian prime minister, Elio di Rupo, is a pedocriminal with proofs of suits filed against the latter but closed , has been blacklisted and can no longer find a job in his country. Don't get me started on how the "gilets jaunes" demonstrations have been handled (people losing their eyes, hands etc...) or this criminal bloody system called Françafrique that has occasionned millions of deaths in Africa and made this part of the world a living hell for millions of people (till date this country of human rights still stamp a colonial currency called Fcfa).
Personally I stopped believing in certain things and in my opinion some countries in Europe can no longer lecture others like Russia or China

Last edited:

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Nickhun just tweeted something about this issue and the thai netz still bash him for not helping as he only mentioned about the violence and wish people to keep safe lol. This is crazyyy.

I feel like these top stars Yaya, nadech, davika, aum prefer to stay silent mainly because they have a lot of ads deals under their belt. Its different from the other celebs who i think have a lot more freedom as theyre not tied to many deals. One wrong step taken theyll lose their job. I believe we shouldnt be pressured to speak up. They fight for human right but at the same time they denied these dara's right for choosing to stay silent
The things is this is a double edge sword cause the reason you get those ads deals are the PEOPLE. You don't have followers nor the attention of the general public you sure won't have those ads deal to begin with. Those big companies that make money do it thanks to us people who buy into them. Without us to manipulate they would get no money whatsoever (unfortunately in that pyramidal capitalistic society we tend to forget that especially glamorous stars). Therefore big stars no matter how huge or beautiful they are, have to be very very smart and aware of the masses that give them the money. So I like those stars that posted against violence BEFORE being callout about it. They are the smartest in my opinion cause at the end of the day they understood who are the basics of their luxurious and glamourous life. I wished the likes of Sammy or Now or Aff sent blessful message to the protesters. Mew gets my respect and Mint's brother.
I have seen that 2 days ago BAP's maknae Zelo posted about the #WhatishappeninginThailand on instagram. He made a long post about it. Sure his plateform is not huge cause BAP fandom is not big but this is how I really heard about it and BAP got fans everywhere even in Africa (hello to my Malian fellow BABY a lovely girl) and Thai BABYz are very happy about it. Plus it aligns with how Zelo has been raised while being in the group since childhood.

Last edited:

bit

sarNie Adult
The things is this is a double edge sword cause the reason you get those ads deals are the PEOPLE. You don't have followers nor the attention of the general public you sure won't have those ads deal to begin with. Those big companies that make money do it thanks to us people who buy into them. Without us to manipulate they would get no money whatsoever (unfortunately in that pyramidal capitalistic society we tend to forget that especially glamorous stars). Therefore big stars no matter how huge or beautiful they are, have to be very very smart and aware of the masses that give them the money. So I like those stars that posted against violence BEFORE being callout about it. They are the smartest in my opinion cause at the end of the day they understood who are the basics of their luxurious and glamourous life. I wished the likes of Sammy or Now or Aff sent blessful message to the protesters. Mew gets my respect and Mint's brother.
I have seen that 2 days ago BAP's maknae Zelo posted about the #WhatishappeninginThailand on instagram. He made a long post about it. Sure his plateform is not huge cause BAP fandom is not big but this is how I really heard about it and BAP got fans everywhere even in Africa (hello to my Malian fellow BABY a lovely girl) and Thai BABYz are very happy about it. Plus it aligns with how Zelo has been raised while being in the group since childhood.
Agreed, they don't have to post something in support of monarch reform if they are afraid of the repercussion, but at least say something about the brutal force against innocent lives/ without weapon mostly young student/adult who are actually large part of the consumer group who supported the artist.

To post your picture happily indulging in your wealth while people are being sprayed with water cannon and losing job is tone deaf. The PR way in Thailand should be posting about your merit making activities if you are so afraid to sit on that fence of having opinion.