❤️ Various ET News

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Yea sorry it didn’t really register as a “blackface” thing to me either.. first impression was two gays falling in love on a likay show cuz the Thais are notorious for “joking” on anything supposedly super funny whether the concept is gay or such things. But if the intention on that picture was to mock a black face then that’s very wrong. Cuz I’m sure there are very dark, in fact darker skinned Thais especially farmers and country people. There are a lot of dark skinned in SE Asia.
@SuzieJ
I posted that pic promotion of that likay cause a few minutes before I saw a lil clip of this where a girl (I guess a princess) who maybe had a cast spelt on her, threw a flower knot to the black acting like a fool and clown dude from the top her castle in front her horrified parents, thinking she was looking at a "handsome" light skinned with majestic stance man.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
@preetam, the picture you post is from a boran lakorn called KwanFahNaDum isn't It?

But yes you are kind of right in regards to Thai people especially in Thailand discriminating against dark skin people even though real descendants of Thai are tanned skin. People who are darker are more prone to jokes and disrespected. People of fair skin are more desired. Just look at your fellow favorite praeks, few years ago they were all saying their type are the light skinned now they use "sweet face and kind" but yet all who fell into that end up being light skinned. Then majority of your nangeks are bathing in skin whitening products like their life depends on it. Rasameekae get compared to being a gorilla, even if they "meant it as a joke" it's still rude. I remember Mam Kattaleeya went to visit Africa once (forgot for what) and they were joking how dark black people were. She even said she asked them who they like better, her or their own people. How rude was That?:rolleyes: Dark skin weren't widely seen as possibly beautiful til Maeya. When she won, there were shock, why? Cus she's dark and that's all they talked about in the media :rolleyes:. Even today celebs still joke that darker skin are better desired by westerners :rolleyes:

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
@preetam, the picture you post is from a boran lakorn called KwanFahNaDum isn't It?

But yes you are kind of right in regards to Thai people especially in Thailand discriminating against dark skin people even though real descendants of Thai are tanned skin. People who are darker are more prone to jokes and disrespected. People of fair skin are more desired. Just look at your fellow favorite praeks, few years ago they were all saying their type are the light skinned now they use "sweet face and kind" but yet all who fell into that end up being light skinned. Then majority of your nangeks are bathing in skin whitening products like their life depends on it. Rasameekae get compared to being a gorilla, even if they "meant it as a joke" it's still rude. I remember Mam Kattaleeya went to visit Africa once (forgot for what) and they were joking how dark black people were. She even said she asked them who they like better, her or their own people. How rude was That?:rolleyes: Dark skin weren't widely seen as possibly beautiful til Maeya. When she won, there were shock, why? Cus she's dark and that's all they talked about in the media :rolleyes:. Even today celebs still joke that darker skin are better desired by westerners :rolleyes:
:(:(:( very sad. I hate this world. Honestly I hate it injustice around me everywhere. Maybe I am too harsh but the amount of unfairness I have encountered make ask to myself : where is God ? Why always same shit happens and there is never justice ?
Dark skinned people are not animals

Last edited:

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
:(:(:( very sad. I hate this world. Honestly I hate it injustice around me everywhere. Maybe I am too harsh but the amount of unfairness I have encountered made ask to myself : where is God ? Why always same shit happens and there is never justice ?
Dark skinned people are not animals
Yeah it's sad. I recently just found myself that I needed to do more for people so I went back for a degree in occupational therapy to work with kids with a disability so talk about unfairness :(. I too often asked, where is God but then I took a step back and told myself God is there but we as human often forgot. We are so absorbed in our own sorrows or greed that we forgot until we desire an answer or a way out. We may not be able to change all the injustice in the world but if we can have a positive impact on one person and teach them to pay it forward, the future will be brighter. :) Su su

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Now shall we spam the different channels to get our beautiful badass dark skinned full Thai princess promoted onscreen ? :cheer::cheer:
I was seeing Maeya in that type of role but she is married now and not too much into filming lakorn

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Not just the girls that are conscious about be dark skin even the guys too. They may start off a little tan then as time goes on, they become lighter and lighter.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Sorry off topic but what do you think of this image ?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi-skTIBtii/

I don't think Ngor Pa is intended to offend people and actually portray blackface. Ngor Pa is an old tale and the description of Ngor Pa is one being dark skinned. The reason why is because they want to allude to beneath the skin like gold that is hidden and you have to search for it removing all of the outer layers. Ngor Pa has always been curly hair, bright red lips, dark skinned but in some parts of Thailand Ngor Pa is actually the symbol of Riches. Jao Ngor Pa is also basically naming him a person of the deep forest/woods. In most fantasy tales people who are from deep in the woods and forests are dark skinned. It's kind of like if you read on Hindu gods and goddesses, some of them are dark skinned or various colored skin. Some, are even deep black skin. I don't think the intention is to offend anyone, but is how they were visualized back then.

However, there are some Thai lakorns that do portray dark skinned in a wrong light, example, Mae Krua Khon Mai, Dum Kum, Balar Song Kroeng, those are a few that I can think of right now.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Not just the girls that are conscious about be dark skin even the guys too. They may start off a little tan then as time goes on, they become lighter and lighter.
For example great always gets made fun of because he has tanner skin. Even though he always laughs it off im sure it gets to him sometimes. Everytime people call him dark it pisses me off so bad cause they act like its a bad thing.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Look at young Benz lately. She is starting to have less melanin that is normally her charm. Even Aff that I like started she had a darker shade
@KhoOnxNouxWanxJai
Thank you for the information. I was a lil appalled by the way his character was behaving and his face reminded me of the way racist and black-lunching America was portraying black characters back in the day

Last edited:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Look at young Benz lately. She is starting to have less melanin that is normally her charm. Even Aff that I like started she had a darker shade
@KhoOnxNouxWanxJai
Thank you for the information. I was a lil appalled by the way his character was behaving and his face reminded me of the way racist and black-lunchying America was portraying black characters back in the day
Understandable, in some areas I've read, Ngor Pa was somewhat based off Hanuman. Hanuman embodies courage, strength, selflessness, devotion, righteousness, which is what Ngor Pa in Sung Tong tales are supposed to portray. The moral behind it is that even his outer appearance is not considered handsome by other people, underneath (like his heart) he is made of gold, that is why he is given the head of ngor pa to protect himself for those who only seek him for his golden form. Only those that can accept him for his outer shell (Such as Rotjana) will be able to see his golden self beneath. This is why sometimes Ngor Pa sometimes seems to act like a monkey because he is loosely based off Hanuman

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Great has gotten so much lighter than when he first started. Even Aff, when she first debut she was tanner than most but when you see her now, she is a few shades lighter. And Namfon P. Her lakorn with Por T. She was tan and Thai looking. Now with the PS and a few shades different she looks like a new person. That's the thing, these people are surrounded by halfies and if they are not one themselves they have to resort in other ways to make themselves look similar to those that are. They know what is accepted and get them further since they are in the circle. The halfies are deemed pretty and those that are not will have to find ways to correct their looks to be accepted by the industry and look pretty. That's the sad reality of it.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I feel pope is more likely to be with someone outside of the industry. He seemed to be smitten by some actress but I see him settling down with an ordinary girl.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Same here, he lives too simple and these girls in the industry are too extra lol. Who knows, he might find a simple one in the industry too.

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
No they're not. They keep repeating over and over and over that they are just friends. She's close to his manager.
Oh okay

Pope likes sexy girls... he seems so proud of sexy girls lol I can hear him chuckling to himself hahahahaha

But I wouldn’t be surprised he goes for ordinary people. You do need a chill girl :p