Words that sound funny with the opposite meaning!

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Okay, so are there any words that you heard that sounded funny to you and you thought it was what it sounded like it meant, but it was total opposite??? Share them here.

1. Flabbergasted - Haha.. when I heard this word, I thought it meant like someone ate too much and got gas. Like omg, I ate too much, I'm so flabbergasted, but instead it means you're surprised or shocked.

2. Stupendous - LOL... this word is very common on the Barney show. When a kid has an idea, he always goes "that's a very stupendous idea!!" To mem it sounds like.. the word "stupid," but it means amazing or wonderful.

3. Frigid - For some reason, I always thought this could have been a good cuss word. Like, damn it! that's so frigid of her!!! But it means cold, referring to weather.

4. DoDo - LOL.... yeah... it means shit, but I just love it when someone goes, "What do you do do?"

LOL... so anywho.. share some more words ya'll/

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Ok this one may sound a little inappropriate so minors please beware

mastercate
(The process of chewing food) LOL First heard it on two and a half men LOL

XCappy

Mr. Char
There are some nice words, I should use some for my English midterm ! Thanks :p

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
Beef - To fight
Givin air - ignorin someone
Heads - People
Flattened - Ugly
Heads - People
Lean - Wen ur intoxicated
Jack - steal somethin
Jam - Calm down
Shower - Pretty good
Squash that - Leave it

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
here are some:

rambunctious

i don't know why but i always thought this word sounded sexy. LOL

dastardly

i think it's funny because it reminds me of "bastard", i just want to use dastardly just as if i were to use bastardly. for ex. "i hate you in your dastardly coward ways!"

menial

to me, this word sounds like it would mean wiener. :blush:

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
LOL. Thookatha ... rumbustious sounds like a dessert!. :lol:

Succumbed: Okay this word just sound gross to me. :lol: It means to give in or oppose something.

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
brouhaha - uproar (I was surprised when I saw that word in the dictionary... brouhaha!)

poppycock - nonsense (it's like referring to a puppy's :blush: :rolleyes: :loool: )

mustachioed - the state of having a mustache (it sounded like a name of a dinosaur or a name of a muscle to me...)

callipygian - having proportioned buttocks :p

lovebird_tmi

sarNie Hatchling
here are some:

rambunctious

i don't know why but i always thought this word sounded sexy. LOL

dastardly

i think it's funny because it reminds me of "bastard", i just want to use dastardly just as if i were to use bastardly. for ex. "i hate you in your dastardly coward ways!"

menial

to me, this word sounds like it would mean wiener. :blush:

a mean wiener... that's just wrong. is there even such a thing as a mean wiener?

lovebird_tmi

sarNie Hatchling
this word sounds offensive, but it's really a word that's not related to what it sounds like.

niggard
n.
A stingy, grasping person; a miser.

adj.
Stingy; miserly.

but i still wouldn't use this around ppl i didn't know.. just in case i don't talk fast enough to give the correct definition or explanation. because the word really does sound offensive.