WHY DO YOU WATCH LAKORNS?

emipepe

sarNie Egg
There's rape, verbal abuse, and a lot of times, no concrete plot yet we all watch it. Why?

I'm not sure why I watch lakorns. Most of the time, I can't stand the characters, as they are frustrating as hell yet I still anticipate for new lakorns.

What is your reason? What do you like about lakorns that makes you keep watching?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Not all lakorns are like that though and even kdrama and taiwanese drama can be a bit much sometimes. I love watching kdramas, but you have to admit sometimes they are the same as lakorns when it comes to yelling lol.

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
Because of the way they tell the story, their plots and the genres too, and I like the fact that Thai celebs can get paired with anyone (although I wish there would be crossovers like from different or same networks), there may be similarities in scenes, genres and the like but they try their best to make it distinct/different from one another. I also want to learn Thai language and everything about Thailand in general. :)

Last edited:

Jacy

sarNie Hatchling
I don't even know why.... All I know because i was attracted + tempted to watch lakorn...

Lizabetha

Miss KimBarry ❤
Because i'm bored with the American series... And it's different! In Europe, dramas & lakorns does not exist. I watch them to learn about asian world & and for entertainment. I like some actors & actresses but i feel like in a few years it will be the same with lakorns as for American series and I'll move on to something else. The koojins thing is getting on my nerves... If I don't see what i'm searching for or waiting for, then there is no use to keep watching.

There are a few reasons I watch Thai lakorns:
1) to expand my Thai vocabulary
2) to discover new songs
3) to see the wardrobe of the female characters because hey, you can learn a lot about fashion just from watching what they wear. Lol.

moon_luv

sarNie Egg
I watch Thai lakorns for various reasons. I actually like the plots a lot better than korean dramas. I love revenge plots and I love thai actors and actresses. Call me weird but I like R-scenes and the bickering. Two things I hate in lakorns is that the girls are always too forgiving and I hate the fact that the nang'ek is so friggin weak 95% of the time.

Gloriawongpuapan

C’est La Vie
I love that every Lakorn seems to have a moral of the story or a life lesson which I find to be truthful and highly relevant to everyday life. I know that it's not realistic in a sense because it is overly exaggerated, but the drama makes it very entertaining.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
You just get used to it. I've watched lakorns ever since I was a baby and I remember that the first rawr scene I've seen was in Rahut Rissaya and I was shocked. After that I just got used to it, once you see it so much as a kid you become unfazed. All that yelling, slap and kiss, fighting over men, catfights just become something you expect to see in a lakorn and you don't blink twice when seeing it. Plus, I think Thai actors and actresses are way better looking that Korean and Japanese actors. The plots may become redundant but nonetheless I'm still entertained, as long as I'm entertained I don't care.

dertaajaf

sarNie Adult
(the question is actually what comes to my mind these days) Almost everyone listed all the reasons why do I watch lakorn (and keep on watching it although the predictable story line). I guess in my case, I just need some kind of escapism from kdrama and jdorama.
Every dramas have its own distinct 'color' (how do I put it?) in it and as if tasting food, the lakorn has its own 'flavor' and juiciness. When I'm looking for sweetness, I'll run to kdrama, whereas I'm in dire need for life lesson and similar story to mundane life then I'll go watch jdorama, and the lakorn falls in between.
It doesn't hurt too to see good looking people on our screen; not to mention lakorns nowadays have tendency to put (too much, if I may say) effort to make the actors and actresses to look well put together even in the most unanticipated moments.

P

PrincessKarina

I watch lakorns mainly for my favorite actors/actresses.... and other times I watch new lakorns for new faces and come to like them! I also watch lakorns to learn the language and the morals to apply into my daily life. Many lakorns have many different life lessons! :)

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
I usually watch lakorns because I am bored with my life :nut:, need entertainment, because I like the actor and/or actress. I've watched Korean dramas but I've always liked lakorns more. I guess I like the storylines and I just feel more connection to Thai actors and actresses. I know my nieces love Korean stars but I've never really been into them. I'll always love Thai stars more!!! :icon12::thumbup:

saki

sarNie Adult
I find it satisfying when the characters ( the p'ek, and sometimes even the n'eks family and friends, etc) are mean towards n'ek and when they realize their mistake they have to atone for their wrongs against her. Also, i like revenge themes( especially with the p'ek)- it started when i watched an old movie the Count of Monte Cristo and it went from there.

I also like kdrama for that, but they always make ending sad unlike lakorn. I also like taiwanese (meteor garden) and some chinese (loving not forgetting) dramas. Thai drama and korean are closer to the romance novels i read when i was a teen. Overall, this is just entertainment for me- I don't take them seriously or anything like that.

saki

sarNie Adult
Also, when the characters act all crazy ( like in the slap lakorns) i can't help but stare and get curious to see what will happen :)