Why are people so obsessed over stars they will never meet?

spanky

sarNie OldFart
even on this thread we are all walking on "EGG SHELLS" in a sense respectability not trying to offend anyone...nothing wrong w/admiring them...but many ppl are soo delusional...when a "subject" is clearly red  and has evidences...they will shout BLUE and that's it...beating a dead horse trying to put any type of reason into it...I have Fin many ppl but never to that extreme...I'm a fan of Mint and have no problem critiquing her...she not the best actress by far...but she has shown me some growth and I love rooting for the underdog...

Micheal Jackson is diff. a Wierdo but I can't denie he was a talented musician and I do like most of his music...I feel maturatity is being able to enjoy something w/o neccassary liking the person... 

peachykeen

sarNie Egg
Sometimes people find enjoyment in following up with their favorite celebrities to the point where they forget that these celebs are normal human beings like everyone else. They seem to forget the reality of this world by believing that those they see on television are flawless figures and because they believe in perfectionism, they get this notion that they have a duty as a fan to protect these daras from any constructive criticisms. It's this false perception that is making the obsession for celebs go a little too far. There's no harm in admiring celebrities regardless of your age but people just need to learn to have some respect. This means to respect yourself enough to walk away from a situation that is worth ignoring and respect for other people by expressing your opinion in a manner that is constructive but not harmful. Like the saying we've heard countless times already, treat others the way you want to be treated. You can't demand respect from others when you don't even have respect for yourself to begin with. There are moments where you will have a debate with someone and I think that's perfectly fine. It's healthy and rather a beneficial skill to have when you learn to interact and be exposed to ideas that differ from your own and more importantly, you learn to defend yourself using logic and reasoning rather than delusional and bias thoughts. Besides, there is a reason why there are many existing celebrities out there. Everyone has different tastes and we all have enough love to distribute amongst these actors/actresses.

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
handsome man just step in the forum.

Believe it or not, there's nothing wrong with being obsessed with celebrities, along as you don't take it too far and become some super creepy stalker  making them untouchable or something. Without question, celebrities and their exploits are entertaining. Sometimes you get obsessed for no other reason than because a certain celebrity really makes you laugh or because of their good looks. It's not anything bad, you just like reading about what they do and say. There a time when you have to respect people's opinions regarding to different celebrities.

it's all about respect towards one another without yelling and screaming at each others thru Social Media ( childish)
 knowing the difference between Reality and Fantasy. Don't take the celebrities world into your own hands.

one example: everytime I compared Kimberly with Yaya I know for a fact that my head will end up getting chewed, there you go ( Untouchable)
Another example : Ananda and Nadech, I think Ananda is a great actor in my opinion, but my voice cannot be heard without getting bash by Nadech fans. ( obessession kicking in hard) 

I like watching the  " Wonder Years" for instance, because I wish I could live in the late 60s-70s with all the great oldies music, even though I probably wouldn't if the reality presented itself. if you ever pay to what a celebrity does because you wish you live that life, you would understand.

We don't need to share the same opinions as others, but we do need to be respectful.

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
i think it's not about the star himself but about the feeling that star give you (love, sadness, hate, angry...) are emotion and feeling we don't control us as human so when you like certain celebrity it's due to the feeling they gave you some you liked them so much so you naturally you found your self following their updates news etc... and as some ladies said i don't see as a bad thing it's a human thing but different from one to another how he feel it and how he see it

BTW i want to take this opportunity since i read some ladies are annoyed by kim's fan  and since i'm one of her fans and had some accident before here in AF but that was in the past for me now i discovered  people so please feel free to criticize  kim for me no problem and it's really not a big deal at all my general perspective "NO HUMAN IS PERFECT NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE" but when we like someone we like him with his default that's it celebrity or not celebrity :p

Step

Mrs James Ma
@zoe the main actress, an actress being better than main actress, lakorn got locked twice lol its clear who is that.
:eek:fftopic: before the main actress was confirmed, there were rumors that a koo jin will be the leads. Thats the reason why the other actress fans came there. But there were mean and cheap comments on the other actress so her fans were defending her just like how you defend your star or the main actress in that lakorn.

@bb777 LOL Kim and Yaya omg. Do you want even this thread to get locked lol

For me, I'm not obsessed with anybody. I like MK, NY, JMa, Push, Sean, ToomVill, Esther, Matt so many but I'm open to their criticism also, (if its decent). But I stay away from saying anything about some stars cos I dont want to argue with people who blindly think their stars are perfect, can never do wrong
Celebrities are humans too, they make mistakes. I dont want to be obsessed with celebs Idk personally.

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
@ Step, yes  I think Kimberly a better actress than Yaya by far and FOEVER! even though she cheated on her ex-boyfriend for Mark but she's human right??? I think it's wrong of her to cheat on her ex-boyfriend, I still adore her very much. Please respect my opinion.. We don't need to share the same opinions as others right?? Hey I started this thread, better not get locked woman! haahaha

here we go... dangit. now what??? Im a dude, give me a break geezee

Step

Mrs James Ma
They are doing it anyway, you want even more :p
peace said:
i think it's not about the star himself but about the feeling that star give you (love, sadness, hate, angry...) are emotion and feeling we don't control us as human so when you like certain celebrity it's due to the feeling they gave you some you liked them so much so you naturally you found your self following their updates news etc... and as some ladies said i don't see as a bad thing it's a human thing but different from one to another how he feel it and how he see it

BTW i want to take this opportunity since i read some ladies are annoyed by kim's fan  and since i'm one of her fans and had some accident before here in AF but that was in the past for me now i discovered  people so please feel free to criticize  kim for me no problem and it's really not a big deal at all my general perspective "NO HUMAN IS PERFECT NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE" but when we like someone we like him with his default that's it celebrity or not celebrity :p 

I will not get into that :shutup:  :shutup:  :shutup: cos we dont know what happened there :p
beachboy777 said:
@ Step, yes  I think Kimberly a better actress than Yaya by far and FOEVER! even though she cheated on her ex-boyfriend for Mark but she's human right??? I think it's wrong of her to cheat on her ex-boyfriend, I still adore her very much. Please respect my opinion.. We don't need to share the same opinions as others right?? Hey I started this thread, better not get locked woman! haahaha

here we go... dangit. now what??? Im a dude, give me a break geezee

lovestar

sarNie Adult
I think we should just keep the discussion minimal and not bring in other actor/actresses names or else everything will get heated.

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
Step said:

:coverlaf: just wanted to have a heart to heart discussion since i feel some members are really annoyed from us and i wanted to show and clear myself that i don't have problem as kim's fan from now on we grow and we learn and when i connect to AF it just for fun this is my new rule for me just do things that make me have fun and happy hope they don't get me wrong and i respect everybody :yes:  

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Step said:

I will not get into that :shutup:  :shutup:  :shutup: cos we dont know what happened there :p
Even some of Kim's very diehard fans has accepted that she cheated. But it's no big deal since Jett can't keep her heart Kim is allowed to go else where and look for love with a man that can keep her heart. It's not like she's married...she didn't sign any paper to legally bind her to Jett they were just dating so it's OK if she cheats....this is according to one of her very passionate fan. Lol...I will never forget that saying it was by far the most entertaining thing someone ever said. It was funny until you realized she was serious :)

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
just my opinion.. with all your respect.

Hold up! okay yaya's fans out there for all your respect, I just think she need more practice. I really like Kimberly, she's amazing! she's not perfect, she cheated. but she still a great actress.. that's just my opinion. yaha she is good too, but not as good as Kimberly.

sarNie Adult
I'll be a buzzkill and kind of break the whole fandom "intellectual banter" here (lovestar's right, No names! hahaha), but I just want to say, it's hard too to fangirl a celebrity who is generally hated or unaccepted or unliked. It's one thing to fangirl someone who is so popular and so loved, and then get pitted against a rival actor/actress who is also so popular and so loved  - and quite another thing to fangirl someone who is generally disliked. I don't know, I'm not sure if it's really that way with the object of my affection, or I just feel a bit defensive about it. But since I've been into Thai ET, in most places that I've been to, the guy i like is generally disliked/bashed. 

I actually joined the forums precisely to look for other fans like me, so I can fangirl and spazz out with other people, but it had been difficult initially. Thankfully I've found a handful of people who share the same idea as me. Probably not as much as I love the guy, but at least they do not hate him. I was trying so hard not to be all upfront and defensive and tell everyone to "please give him a chance!" because I know everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and they are free to hate him as much as they want to but I will lie if I say I don't get hurt when people kinda bash him - but I do try my very best to have a level headed comment that would bring in a "new perspective" but yes, I do acknowledge that talking about him in a positive light would not make other people like him. If they choose to hate him, I can't change their mind - and actually I have no right to change their minds. But yeah, It's really really hard to stay quiet and not go out there and defend something or someone you really like. I get paranoid just thinking if I should speak up or not, because if I do speak up, I'm afraid I'll come off as pontificating even when really I just wanted to voice out my opinion (which just happened to be the opposite - that is, i like this unliked guy) 

But then amidst all that,  I feel that I am his biggest critic. I do hope that in my many (insanely long) posts here in the forums, I managed to express that I do acknowledge that he's not perfect, but I still really really like him and wish for him to succeed. I suppose I want to take this opportunity to apologize for my really long rants when I'm going through my bouts of fangirling. Please forgive me, I just wanted to put it out there and hope someone else would read about it and agree/disagree so as not to keep it all inside my head. (And if there are other fans out there, SPEAK UP! I NEED YOU! LET'S FANGIRL/FANBOY TOGETHER!)

I guess Peace is right, that emotion that an actor elicits from a person - that way he makes you "feel" something - in this case, I get to feel or experience "caring" for someone,  I guess that's what makes the whole fangirling experience worthwhile. Of course it becomes more fun when you're bonding with other people from across the globe and you're fangirling and loving the same thing together. 

Back on topic - I actually don't want to meet him personally ever. I mean, I'd watch his concert, but I wouldn't want to go up to him and shake his hand and talk to him. I don't know. right now he remains to be a "real fantasy" - i mean, i know he's real, but the fact that he's not in the same "world" as I am in, then he remains to be a fantasy. I don't know if that made sense. that's also one of the special nuances of fangirling I suppose. It's really strange. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
just my opinion.. with all your respect.

Hold up! okay yaya's fans out there for all your respect, I just think she need more practice. I really like Kimberly, she's amazing! she's not perfect, she cheated. but she still a great actress.. that's just my opinion. yaha she is good too, but not as good as Kimberly.

Thsee two has yet to really take on a role that give them a true definition of their acting. Yaya will get a chance to showcase her skill in her upcoming lakorn with Kim's man. So, if she can convincingly pull off her character then I will say she's an edge over Kim. Because in Yaya's case her softer features helped her better in the roles of the"innocent adorable n'ek that has never been touch" lol Kim has a more defined facial structures that it's harder to make it believable.

Screw it...Thai entertainment nowadays isn't looking hard into the acting skills anyway. If Poo can still get roles as n'ek with her acting or lack thereof then anyone with a pretty face and a nice body can do it. This generation, with all these people coming in left and right only a handful can act. And that's me being generous. I'm always, in the mind that no one should be given a n'ek or pra'ek roles off the bat. They need to earn it and starts with supporting first. Then you'll see the hunger in their eyes wanting to beat the others for that spot. But when you are given the lead roles and nicely wrapped up for you, then it's taken for granted.

P.S. sorry BB I think I messed your quote up :)

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
@040156  you are soo cuuuuttte i was smiling reading your post don't feel bad for loving a celebrity other don't like him or her for sure as you said there is other who are  like you have fun with them share the good time with them i'm happy i will spazz with you in kim and james ji thread in the future even if i'm not his fan but who know maybe after the lakorn end i will change my mind :p

sarNie Adult
peace said:
@040156  you are soo cuuuuttte i was smiling reading your post don't feel bad for loving a celebrity other don't like him or her for sure as you said there is other who are  like you have fun with them share the good time with them i'm happy i will spazz with you in kim and james ji thread in the future even if i'm not his fan but who know maybe after the lakorn end i will change my mind :p

Hahaha PEACE! NO NAMES! hahahahaha. Thank you very much. I just had to say it, I'm sorry. I mean, you know how some people are so different online than in real life? My real life friends would totally laugh at my face (good naturedly, don't worry. they're good friends) when they see my rants here at AF hahahaha. 

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
040156 said:

Hahaha PEACE! NO NAMES! hahahahaha. Thank you very much. I just had to say it, I'm sorry. I mean, you know how some people are so different online than in real life? My real life friends would totally laugh at my face (good naturedly, don't worry. they're good friends) when they see my rants here at AF hahahaha. 

oopps i forget  :shutup:   :secret:  and i totally get you in that part no worry just don't show them this HAHA :ghehe: 

aymieluvsyu637

sarNie Adult
ip.smilez said:
Like what "byebye" mentioned about connection, a simple connection sparks it all for me when it comes to being obsessed over a certain celebrity or on-screen couple and especially having a mind-set of meeting them one day makes me even more obsessed. (I sound so crazy lol). But over time as I got older, my obsessions have gone down a few notches. There are some actresses that I have opinions about but I choose to not voice my opinions out of respect for some of my AF sisters whom I'm closed with because they like that certain actress/actresses. When I first started my account here at AF when it was still "Sarnworld" (SARN WHERE YOU AT haha), I was def more vocal but now I'm careful of what I want to say lol

Well what I can say is that after meeting some of my favorites in person, I've come to adore them even more but not obsessed over them like I was before. I hope I made sense.

Aww, nong.. If it's someone I like you can always add LOL at the end then I won't get offended. :D

aymieluvsyu637

sarNie Adult
beachboy777 said:
one example: everytime I compared Kimberly with Yaya I know for a fact that my head will end up getting chewed, there you go ( Untouchable)
Another example : Ananda and Nadech, I think Ananda is a great actor in my opinion, but my voice cannot be heard without getting bash by Nadech fans. ( obessession kicking in hard) 

It's funny that some of these two gal fans will fight. Yaya & Kim are besties. Wouldn't you support both?? Urgh I dunno..
I agree Ananda is a GREAT actor. In comparison in only acting I really don't think Nadech got anything on Ananda.  

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Agreed, Ananda is a good actor.   

How old is Ananda now?     33 or 34, so for a 23 years old Nadech to be compared to a 33/34 years old good actor is a great compliment!

As a Nadech fan, I'm happy for him.