Who's here are 21 +

dfemc

sarNie Adult
SunStar said:
you know dfemc!  that's exactly what i'm planning to do after i finished college... i'm currently trying to get my teacher certification and finish college... then i'm going to join the Peace Corps or some sort of non profit organization and teach abroad...

my family criticizes me for not trying to get a profession that makes money...but money can be made any time... i want the experience more than the money and i think the experience will be much more useful than the money in my future...
[post="121787"][/post]​
that's awesome! :) i agree the experience gained is priceless in every sense. it sounds like u've got a path in mind... just do what feels right to u.

but like ning says, for some, it means sacrificing a lot. -_- it just all depends on what and when ur ready to do what u gotta do :)

maybe someday, when there's more sarnworld roadtrips and get-to-gethers, we can share the crazy travel&work ventures :D over some coronitas of course ;)

noungning said:
gosh ur on the go to asia's mountains again!!! gosh i'm so jealous!! :eek:
[post="121824"][/post]​
don't be jealous ning...there's always plenty of room, i travel light ^_^

Kkrystal

สุภาพบุรุษจุฑาเทพ
ahaha you have to tell where is the meeting and more 411. The time is important too. Alot of people are going on trips too so you gotta give them a time frame.

bugsy

sarNie Adult
this sounds sooo cool....too bad im only 19. But if you guys meet up and it goes great....we should plan on it again in two years. ^_^

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
noungning said:
gosh ur on the go to asia's mountains again!!! gosh i'm so jealous!!  :eek:
i wanted to do peace corps coming out of college, unfortunately my family needs me to help em out so i can't leave. i guess thats the side effects of holding responsibilities  ^_^
[post="121824"][/post]​
ha...the same thing happened to me. i was going to join the peace corp after college...conceivably, to explore the regions of guinea bissau, and write an ethnography which, i hoped, would enlighten the many ethnocentric viewers out there. ALAS, i was torn between the responsibilities i sustained with my family and this unlikely preference. it was a sizeable deliberation and dream that would monumentally sift my own, personal experience among an unfamiliar "world"...!!

...however, as one can surely predict (for an "asian child" lol), responsibilities to the family comes first. so many ironies in the matter...my choice in either direction constitutes a slight discerning of selfishness to the idea of human kind...doesn't it? ha

p.s. i'm 21+, meeting up would be nice. however, i am still inhibited in my "responsibilities". lol so it will all depend...

noungning

Heartless
yes responsibilities, what a word. especially being the oldest child too...gosh i wish i was just rich lol

darvil

sarNie Adult
I'm an old fucker here.

:lol:

Anyway SunStar

Its cool you want to do that. You going to pick a poor area? and where would you plan to go?

I plan to do similar thing but I kinda want to do a bigger thing so in order to do that I would need money.

Its true that you can help with your two hands but to me two hands is just two hands. If you have two hands plus some money, you can do much more. But thats just me.

More power to you.

As for meetups.. I would be scare to meet some people on here. Like Thookatha for example, she would probably beat me up. And dfemc.. that woman is scary.

SunStar

sarNie Elites
yeah... i'm looking at the poorer villages in southeast asia... preferablly some where in Thailand... since i was born there... i want to give something back to the people in the country i was born in...

hey!!! i have a question!!!.

if i was born in Thailand, but immigrated to USA, but not US citizen, would i be considered a Thai citizen? so if people ask me, what are you... i can say "i'm Thai"?

knightluva

sarNie Hatchling
SunStar said:
yeah... i'm looking at the poorer villages in southeast asia... preferablly some where in Thailand... since i was born there... i want to give something back to the people in the country i was born in...

if i was born in Thailand, but immigrated to USA, but not US citizen, would i be considered a Thai citizen? so if people ask me, what are you... i can say "i'm Thai"?
[post="122875"][/post]​
ofcourse u can say ur a thai citizen but don't get it mixed up with ur ethnicity. I myself was also born in Thailand but my ethnicity is cambodian/ chinese (somehow people always mistaken me vietnamese). I been to Thailand and trust me, it would cost you more than what you spend on vacation here in US. I was there in 2002 and cost wasn't as high as it was today. I spend over 3000 U.S not including air fare and I was only there for 3 weeks. You can't be stingy on vacation or else it wouldn't be fun.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
SunStar said:

[post="122875"][/post]​
just about caught in limbo are ya?...hmmm. were u registered as a thai citizen at birth? u know these rules sometimes are complex and for the lack of reason altogether. so just plain ridiculous. i personally beleive u should be considered a thai citizen if u were born there. but like knightluva was saying, ethnicity and citizenship are two different matters. however, ethnicity in and of itself is a personal matter, and it just depends on what u identify with culturally and based on geneological lines.

well if ur gonna do peace corp, thailand's on their insititutional map, so u'll be set. that'll be awesome :) be sure to look into the process early and talk to recruiters soon, the application process is quite a long drawn one. good luck.

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
I'm 19 but I can hang with other people muahhaha .. I wanna travel with you guys ^_^.. where's the place huh?! vegas only like 5 hours drive for me lolz.. ^_^ oh and I agree with knightluva hahah you can;t be stingy because it's a VACATION =P