Who is going to sing at New Year this year in 2009?

Hmoobstarr

sarNie Hatchling
Well, I am planning to sing for the Hmong New Year, but I'm not sure in which city yet. I'm from Wisconsin and I've thought about singing for the MN Hmong New Year, but it hasn't been engraved in stone yet. I'm still a little hesitant because of lack of information. The farthest I would travel to compete is to MN. As for Cali or NC, that's too far. Anyway, I am interested, I just need some information. If anyone knows, please feel free to answer. For the Singing Competition or talent show, what are the requirements? Specifically, is there a genre that you have to stick with? I know someone mentioned before about singing in Japanese, but do you have to sing Hmong Songs only? Can you sing American Songs? Does the song have to be original or can you sing other people's/artists' songs? Can you dance and sing? Can you compete at both the Minneapolis and St. Paul New Year? How are you judged? I actually heard that some of the competitions in the past were rigged. For example, some contestants in the past were favored because of relations with a judge. This could have been just a rumor though.

Anyway, if I do compete in the MN Hmong New Years this year, it would actually be my very first time setting foot there. I have never been to any of the Hmong New Years up in MN. I don't travel much. I'm from a small city called Oshkosh in Wisconsin. We do have a Hmong New Year there, but small compared to those in the bigger cities of course. We don't have a singing contest. We have dance competitions but it's usually rigged here as I mentioned earlier. It's a smaller city here so almost everyone knows eachother here. And if there is a singing contest here, if I'm not mistaken, it's with the dance competitions. In my opinion, I don't think that's fair. You can't put up a singer against a dancer, it's two whole separate different categories. That's why there's American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. Unless it's like America's Got Talent, then anything goes.

I know I asked a lot of questions but there aren't much information on the internet that I have found. If anyone knows, I would appreciate it if you can direct me to it. We don't get MN Hmong New Year flyers here either. I'm not sure why. Well, I better go. Thanks to anyone who replies.

nerine

sarNie Egg
Anyways, let's all cheer for each other! Nobody is perfect on singing so all you have to do is try your best! :) good luck to u all and hope to c u all at any new year!

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
who's ever singing in fresno, can i go back stage with you? :)
for reals. i wanna see back stage, i never had that chance.
i'll hold your jacket for you if you need. lol.

maybe i can cover your story for my blog? yes? :)

but whoever is singing, CHEERS!!!
do your bestestestest like it's all or nothing! :)

Napat01

sarNie Juvenile
I don't know but to me usually every year most of the times I don't like the winner's voice but that's just my opinion. Usually I don't get to see that part of the NY, I always plan to see it but end up going to the pageant instead. Anyone know the time they do it at?

Napat01

sarNie Juvenile
who's ever singing in fresno, can i go back stage with you? :)
for reals. i wanna see back stage, i never had that chance.
i'll hold your jacket for you if you need. lol.

maybe i can cover your story for my blog? yes? :)

but whoever is singing, CHEERS!!!
do your bestestestest like it's all or nothing! :)
LMAO, you are funny, here in MN backstage is really nothing, I want to see the New Years in Fresno but I heard usually it's cold during the time.

nerine

sarNie Egg
haha. im from fresno. where are you from?

i wanna do the pageant and sing too.
but if i dont do the pageant, then i want to sing.
but since no one that i know even cares, im feel a little bit grey.

i like all kinds of music. i can do a hmong song, i dont mind at all.
i like the regular pop music from kpop to cpop to tpop.
i have a lot of ideas in mind but may be not enough peev zwm. lol.

Oh really?! Same here not many of my pplz wanted ot sing at new year, well... i'm from Sac... I love J, K, C, T, and Hmong song.

nerine

sarNie Egg
Well, I am planning to sing for the Hmong New Year, but I'm not sure in which city yet. I'm from Wisconsin and I've thought about singing for the MN Hmong New Year, but it hasn't been engraved in stone yet. I'm still a little hesitant because of lack of information. The farthest I would travel to compete is to MN. As for Cali or NC, that's too far. Anyway, I am interested, I just need some information. If anyone knows, please feel free to answer. For the Singing Competition or talent show, what are the requirements? Specifically, is there a genre that you have to stick with? I know someone mentioned before about singing in Japanese, but do you have to sing Hmong Songs only? Can you sing American Songs? Does the song have to be original or can you sing other people's/artists' songs? Can you dance and sing? Can you compete at both the Minneapolis and St. Paul New Year? How are you judged? I actually heard that some of the competitions in the past were rigged. For example, some contestants in the past were favored because of relations with a judge. This could have been just a rumor though.

Anyway, if I do compete in the MN Hmong New Years this year, it would actually be my very first time setting foot there. I have never been to any of the Hmong New Years up in MN. I don't travel much. I'm from a small city called Oshkosh in Wisconsin. We do have a Hmong New Year there, but small compared to those in the bigger cities of course. We don't have a singing contest. We have dance competitions but it's usually rigged here as I mentioned earlier. It's a smaller city here so almost everyone knows eachother here. And if there is a singing contest here, if I'm not mistaken, it's with the dance competitions. In my opinion, I don't think that's fair. You can't put up a singer against a dancer, it's two whole separate different categories. That's why there's American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. Unless it's like America's Got Talent, then anything goes.

I know I asked a lot of questions but there aren't much information on the internet that I have found. If anyone knows, I would appreciate it if you can direct me to it. We don't get MN Hmong New Year flyers here either. I'm not sure why. Well, I better go. Thanks to anyone who replies.

Then good luck... I suggest you not to sing Korean, Japanese, or Thai because some judges they don't understand those language and they won't give you points for it. I'm not too sure too, but if you are competing, I think you can sing American or Hmong, either... but Thai can also be another option since old pplz knows Thai language. Japanese, nope... because if they don't understand the language, they wouldn't know if you pronounce it correctly or not so I suggest either American or Hmong. You can sing and dance, but make sure you make no mistake because if you do, you're counted for the mistakes you've made on stage. If you sing on stage, make sure you move around and not just standing there like a stick. If you move your hands and walk a little, that will be good. You can compete in both New Years. There is really no requirement. All you have to do is sing on stage and wait for the result. The song can be original, but make sure it's an instrument. I am not sure how you're judge, but... My guess is your action and mood of your face. For example: if you sing a sad song, make sure your face looks or is sad and not smiling and happy. You are judge by pronunciation if it's correctly and understandable or not. So make sure you sing clearly and not mumbling. Yea... some judges used to judge people by relating to them, but do not fear. If your voice is good and if many people hear or see the clips of the new year's competition and your voice is better than the winner, people will say it straight out. Do not be discourage of this and do not let this block your way, just do your best and you should be fine... I recommend these:
1) Don't be shy
2) Have vocal
3) Contain feelings in the song so you can sing out all of your potential feelings
4) Never be discourage by anyone or anywhere even if they bad mouth about your voice, just move on and forget them
That is all I have to say. Anyone want to add more?

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
Then good luck... I suggest you not to sing Korean, Japanese, or Thai because some judges they don't understand those language and they won't give you points for it. I'm not too sure too, but if you are competing, I think you can sing American or Hmong, either... but Thai can also be another option since old pplz knows Thai language. Japanese, nope... because if they don't understand the language, they wouldn't know if you pronounce it correctly or not so I suggest either American or Hmong. You can sing and dance, but make sure you make no mistake because if you do, you're counted for the mistakes you've made on stage. If you sing on stage, make sure you move around and not just standing there like a stick. If you move your hands and walk a little, that will be good. You can compete in both New Years. There is really no requirement. All you have to do is sing on stage and wait for the result. The song can be original, but make sure it's an instrument. I am not sure how you're judge, but... My guess is your action and mood of your face. For example: if you sing a sad song, make sure your face looks or is sad and not smiling and happy. You are judge by pronunciation if it's correctly and understandable or not. So make sure you sing clearly and not mumbling. Yea... some judges used to judge people by relating to them, but do not fear. If your voice is good and if many people hear or see the clips of the new year's competition and your voice is better than the winner, people will say it straight out. Do not be discourage of this and do not let this block your way, just do your best and you should be fine... I recommend these:
1) Don't be shy
2) Have vocal
3) Contain feelings in the song so you can sing out all of your potential feelings
4) Never be discourage by anyone or anywhere even if they bad mouth about your voice, just move on and forget them

I totally agree with you on the advice...lol... since I have retired all SEG artists from any competitions I am free to tell you all how it is...lol...I am not sure if there will be any singing competitions for the coming new years in Cali since I have not heard anything yet. Normally they always send me an invitation to send some of my singers, but this year I havn't heard from them. Maybe its also because I told many of the organizers that I no longer will be sending any of my artists since they all will be have their albums out this year. I do not like to send a singer if they already have a CD out...it would be unfair...however..if they do not have a CD out then I believe that all is fair in love and war...lol... in addition....I only entered our artists to help build their confidence and to let them know that they were never the best...and that there is always someone out there that can beat them so to always stay humbled. However, they somehow always managed to win a title or two in all the competitions that we had entered... so go figure...lol...

Anyhow....advice...

1. Choose a song that is appropriate for the audience...
2. Choose a song that is appropriate to your vocals
3. When you sing on stage...sing to the audience...own the audience
4. Dress appropriately.....and keep your greetings short and simple...do not ramble on...

Yes...they say you can sing whatever...BUT...do yourself a favor and sing in Hmong...that includes all your songs!

Trust me on my pointers, after winning so many singing competitions and asking for advice from the various judges when we did not win....the
above advices were the best ones that all the judges seemed to be looking at.

Good Luck! I will be looking forwards to watching you all on stage!

Stay Blessed!
SEG

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
I totally agree with you on the advice...lol... since I have retired all SEG artists from any competitions I am free to tell you all how it is...lol...I am not sure if there will be any singing competitions for the coming new years in Cali since I have not heard anything yet. Normally they always send me an invitation to send some of my singers, but this year I havn't heard from them. Maybe its also because I told many of the organizers that I no longer will be sending any of my artists since they all will be have their albums out this year. I do not like to send a singer if they already have a CD out...it would be unfair...however..if they do not have a CD out then I believe that all is fair in love and war...lol... in addition....I only entered our artists to help build their confidence and to let them know that they were never the best...and that there is always someone out there that can beat them so to always stay humbled. However, they somehow always managed to win a title or two in all the competitions that we had entered... so go figure...lol...

Anyhow....advice...

4. Dress appropriately.....and keep your greetings short and simple...do not ramble on...

Yes...they say you can sing whatever...BUT...do yourself a favor and sing in Hmong...that includes all your songs!

Trust me on my pointers, after winning so many singing competitions and asking for advice from the various judges when we did not win....the

Stay Blessed!
SEG

oh wow..hahaha! ok :D

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
1) Don't be shy
2) Have vocal

Nice advice..you should continue more.. :)

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
hahaa danggg girl. I would so love to hear you sing!!! you know these chinese, korean, thai and American songs!!
That's so cool!

I don't.. shooo.. i only sing Hmong songs because i can't sing in American. lmao
As for Thai, uhmm there are some i karaoke at home w/my sisters.

-Nancy & the pianist
-Lydia
-Bua chompoo

and this old popular song, i love this song. hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF1ZwJnNefw

As for Hmong songs,

-Ying yaj
-mab sua lis
-maiv ntxawm yaj
-maiv neeb thoj

Sometimes i will write my own lyrics & sing to them. LOL

OH wow! gurl ...i karaoke those songs too..humm seem like we both have same taste in music..lets share your cover. =)

nerine

sarNie Egg

Anyhow....advice...

Stay Blessed!
SEG

I agree with you too.

nerine

sarNie Egg

Anyhow....advice...

Stay Blessed!
SEG

I agree with you too.