Which thai tv websites have the best quality videos?

Which thai tv websites have the best quality videos?

• Total voters

milk42

sarNie Egg
Right now,I am using obizgo.tv for viewing thai lakorns and shows. However, I am not happy with the quality of the videos. I am still not sure if I should switch to thaitv, dootv, seesantv, ethaitv, or bbtvthai. In this case, I am wondering if you guys can give me advice on which one to get? I want to get the one that have the best quality videos. Thx you guys.:)

cecilia

Staff member
i've been using THAITV (iptv) for the most part .. the only sad thing about this is they no longer have CH7 show on there ..other than this, their streaming site are buffer free (only problem is when they have timezone difference and they didn't adjust it until the next following day -- this might make you miss your live streaming show) the HQ they offered there are good quality for me ..

however, if you want a lot of shows, ethaitv has more b/c they seem to be new recently and they seem to have quite a few good show -- bad thing is that live streaming lag .. ah, the quality is good too ..

for me, i would so love to have the same cable access as those in Thailand who get to watch it and record the GREAT HQ like KIT and ANTYVEE has -- sadly, they only offer this option for Thai citizen, which is the drawback of their services -- would be great to see they expand their business for oversea fans.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
Thaitv seem to offer the best HQ option with about 720kbps. But the sad thing is, its base in Thailand (I'm thinking) and they don't offer ch7 or any Asian Series (i.e. Chinese, Korean, Japanese dramas). Dootv seem to be second in quality ... 440kbps. Dootv offers a lot of shows, lakorns, news etc. compare to other sites. I don't know if anyone heard of lakornthai but they offer a quality of 350-390kbps. Obizgo and bbtvthai bother offer between 240-260kbps Quality. Which is fairly low. Remember, the higher the kbps, the better the quality but also the bigger the size if your was recording.

milk42

sarNie Egg
Thaitv seem to offer the best HQ option with about 720kbps. But the sad thing is, its base in Thailand (I'm thinking) and they don't offer ch7 or any Asian Series (i.e. Chinese, Korean, Japanese dramas). Dootv seem to be second in quality ... 440kbps. Dootv offers a lot of shows, lakorns, news etc. compare to other sites. I don't know if anyone heard of lakornthai but they offer a quality of 350-390kbps. Obizgo and bbtvthai bother offer between 240-260kbps Quality. Which is fairly low. Remember, the higher the kbps, the better the quality but also the bigger the size if your was recording.

How can I know which thai tv videos are what kbps though?

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
How can I know which thai tv videos are what kbps though?
When you're streaming a video in Window Media Player, look at where the title is. The kbps will show up when you first stream the video. I attached a picture and also circle where to look at if you don't know.

nina07

sarNie Adult
I think DooTV seems to be the best choice since ThaiTV doesn't have CH7 anymore, and I'm mostly a CH7 lakorn watcher. I've just recently
switched to DooTV a couple of months ago, and I love it. Although there's sometimes trouble with buffering, I think the quality is great. Better than Obizgo by far.

Tigra

sarNie Hatchling
I watch the channels Channel 3 & Channel 5 on http://wwitv.com/portal.htm
But Channel 7 does not work.
Channel 3 works from time to time.
Channel 5 works very well.
Channel 9 and also works very well.

sandy

sarNie Egg
I use lakornthai.tv Their quality are pretty good. They have channel 7's lakorn on there as well. =)

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
Just wanted to share my experiences...
I have relatives who are using thaitv.tv and since their legal battles has lost the ability to watch ASTV and Channel 7 lakorns.

bbthaitv was awesome with movies, and all the tv shows, but the quality was on the lower end. I wouldn't mind going back, but will now try doo.tv and edit this again with my feedback after a week as the polls here seem to give it rave reviews.

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
DooTV.com is great. I am very happy with my subscription and able to view everything from lakorns to movies. You will not be disappointed with it. They are very user friendly and they offer three methods of watching a show. US servers, UK servers, and FLV player. I prefer the WMV version, but when that's not working you can switch to FLV.

Kudos to them!

If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up. And no I am not affiliated with them. However, if you want to give credit for my review, hit me up so I can give you up my info. :^)

Cheers!

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
I thought I would provide an update. Since around May 9, 2010, DOOTV.TV has started using their flash player over Windows Media Player to display their videos. Since then, streaming has been stuttering and not as smooth as its windows media version.

Customer service is good as the shoutbox and email response was quick. They are aware of the problem and trying to rectify it. However, it has been 5 days now and quality has still been unacceptable.

I hope they fix it fast, refund my money, or return it to WMV format which shows smoother and better quality.

It was nice before when you had the options of two servers (US and UK) and then the flash as a back up when too many people were connected. Now they wish to focus solely on flash and it has caused the end-user to suffer with pauses every ten seconds or so.

I'll report when it gets better, but please let them know and return it back to WMV or fix it fast cause this sucks!

However, if you are considering and wish to watch older lakorns... the ones before this month still are in wmv format and streaming wonderfully. It's just the new and current stuff.

Will share feedback when things have improved for those considering DooTV.