which side would you choose?

angelness

sarNie Egg
okay, so my younger sister boyfriend decides to come over and visit her. My parents wants to go shopping but they don't want to leave the two alone. They don't trust the two. They make me baby-sit the two love-bird brain. I agree (rolls eye) and stay home. Now, being someone whose had my share of boyfriends, I understand that lovers need they're time alone. I leave them in the living room, alone, and lock myself in my bedroom to read for the time being. When I come out to grab a bit to eat, just an hour later after my parents have left, my sister and her boyfriend are gone and nowhere in the house. Now, at this point I'm thinking, "those two better be home before my parents or else I'm in big trouble and so will my sister." Hours and hours later they're still not home. It's now night-time and still no clue. I thought my sister would've been smarter than that. (guess i was wrong) I don't know where they are and I can't reach them at all. My parents come home and they're mad as hell when they find out! My mom's yelling at me to find his number and call'em. At long last we get a hold of them and we find out my sister is at HIS HOUSE! Now, it's not what you think... he doesn't want to marry her... she tells us that she's at his house to cook with them.. I was like @#%^*? COoking with them!? She doesn't even cook at home!? My mother is so mad and feels soOo disrespected and embarrassed by her that she can't even talk! I ended up yelling at her and her boyfriend. And the boyfriend dares to talk back at me and tell me I'm wrong and stupid by getting upset!
My other sister (not the younger one with the dumb boyfriend) starts siding with my younger sister and her boyfriend and say's I'm just being a MOTHER HEN!?? Telling me to mind my own business and that it's HER LIFE, so to let her screw it up herself! I was like @#$%&!? Sorriee for trying to look out for someone i care about!
Okay, what do ya'll think?

Should I have minded my own business and let her screw up her own life and not sided with my parents... or was I just being reasonable here and had enough guts to point out those dumb-asses stupid faults?

And I could tell my mom was pretty satisfied I yelled them both, since my mother would never yell at him!

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
okay, so my younger sister boyfriend decides to come over and visit her. My parents wants to go shopping but they don't want to leave the two alone. They don't trust the two. They make me baby-sit the two love-bird brain. I agree (rolls eye) and stay home. Now, being someone whose had my share of boyfriends, I understand that lovers need they're time alone. I leave them in the living room, alone, and lock myself in my bedroom to read for the time being. When I come out to grab a bit to eat, just an hour later after my parents have left, my sister and her boyfriend are gone and nowhere in the house. Now, at this point I'm thinking, "those two better be home before my parents or else I'm in big trouble and so will my sister." Hours and hours later they're still not home. It's now night-time and still no clue. I thought my sister would've been smarter than that. (guess i was wrong) I don't know where they are and I can't reach them at all. My parents come home and they're mad as hell when they find out! My mom's yelling at me to find his number and call'em. At long last we get a hold of them and we find out my sister is at HIS HOUSE! Now, it's not what you think... he doesn't want to marry her... she tells us that she's at his house to cook with them.. I was like @#%^*? COoking with them!? She doesn't even cook at home!? My mother is so mad and feels soOo disrespected and embarrassed by her that she can't even talk! I ended up yelling at her and her boyfriend. And the boyfriend dares to talk back at me and tell me I'm wrong and stupid by getting upset!
My other sister (not the younger one with the dumb boyfriend) starts siding with my younger sister and her boyfriend and say's I'm just being a MOTHER HEN!?? Telling me to mind my own business and that it's HER LIFE, so to let her screw it up herself! I was like @#$%&!? Sorriee for trying to look out for someone i care about!

Should I have minded my own business and let her screw up her own life and not sided with my parents... or was I just being reasonable here and had enough guts to point out those dumb-asses stupid faults?

And I could tell my mom was pretty satisfied I yelled them both, since my mother would never yell at him!

this sounds like me sometimes.. except that my older sister has to watch out for me. lolz.
i don't go out with my boyfriend all night.. come to think of it.. i don't go anywhere with him at all...
except this one time.. i went to the salon and my older sis was being an ass about it.
we got over it though...
but when i do somewhere with him... i always take one of my younger sibs with me...
i don't go to his house... only when there is an occassion. ehehe.

but i also get in trouble for my younger sister too... so obviously.. i take your side..
because it sucks getting in trouble for someone else.. especially if they don't take responsibility for their own actions..

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
oh geez......that's a sad story there...man...if my sis boyfriend dare to talk back at me before he's even my txiv laus...i'm gonna kill him...will, not really kill...but i'll be so mad if its not my fault....*sigh*....i dunno....will he suck...lol....but...yeah..i hope you feel better...=)

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid

you were just doing ur part as a sister.. For, i think what you did was not wrong. because you got in trouble for something
that you didnt do. (happened to me many times too, i feel you.)

your mom should had scolded your sister.. -n- perhaps tell ur sis bf. your mom doesnt have to scold him.
she can tell him nicely. -n- yes. not to be mean but your sister is not so smart.. just like my sister. err!
anyways, ur sis bf has no right to scold you. For, they are not the one who is getting in trouble. Guys these
days, they are %^$&*^... aka punks. they just want to have fun...
LoL... well, dont become strangers with your sis bf's.. cause they might become
ur bro -n- law.. :p

-- btw, love makes everyone BLIND. B)
who is getting in trouble.. But at the same time, don't become strangers with ur sis bf.. they may become ur bro-n-law.. k.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
this sounds like me sometimes.. except that my older sister has to watch out for me. lolz.
i don't go out with my boyfriend all night.. come to think of it.. i don't go anywhere with him at all...
except this one time.. i went to the salon and my older sis was being an ass about it.
we got over it though...
but when i do somewhere with him... i always take one of my younger sibs with me...
i don't go to his house... only when there is an occassion. ehehe.
but i also get in trouble for my younger sister too... so obviously.. i take your side..
because it sucks getting in trouble for someone else.. especially if they don't take responsibility for their own actions..

maybe your older sister didnt want to get in trouble. dur. for something she didnt do.
cause when you get in trouble for something that you didnt do.. its like WTF.. "why am i getting in trouble for?

it becomes stressful & annoying. :p

traci_vaj

sarNie Egg
I think I would do what you did and freaking scream at both of them because you know what...he ain't got no right talking back to you and if he had any respect at all, he would've at least asked you if it was alright for your sister to go with him to his house for a while.

I have younger sisters and I respect their boyfriends but you know what, shit happens and being the oldest, you gotta do what you gotta do.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
maybe your older sister didnt want to get in trouble. dur. for something she didnt do.
cause when you get in trouble for something that you didnt do.. its like WTF.. "why am i getting in trouble for?

it becomes stressful & annoying. :p
i get lectured at for my little sister too.

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
*high five*

im a big sister too, and heck yah!! i would yell at them.
that IS disrespectful.
if you dont cook at home, dont cook anywhere!!! :)
if you dont even respect your family first, dont go out trying to look all holy.
that's what i think.

im on your side. yah, you can just let her mess up her life,
but your parents dont need to go through that stress.

and plus! what kind of bf yells at his gf's sister!!!
and plus!!! to diss the parent's wish like that!
uh-uh, brotha gots to know some manners first.
he's talking to their daughter, he shouldn't do anything that they don't like, right???

i got a little bitchy in me too, so...
i totally understand the situation.
your sister wants to hang out with the bf,
but she should respect your parents,
and take whatever they got to say to her.
if she dont want to hear it, she shouldnt do things to get to hear it. :)

take care.

zhaolinger

sarNie Hatchling
I think this show how teens are like this day. Most teens this day don't respect their parent or anybody. This show how the world we are living in this day the American life. People just have to learn that the good old day is over and deal with the reality. Hmong teens are begin to adopt to the American teens world.

mokka

sarNie Adult
what you did is what every older sister would have done to their younger sister. You have every right to yell at them for what leaving without letting you know. i would do the same thing you did if my sisters are out with their boyfriend without letting me know.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I don't care about my sisters nor their business. Maybe because I am not close to them. Let her screw up her own life that is the only way she will learn. And if she did not learn through that she has a problem. My family is screw up but as time goes by life gets a little better though life is still full of bumpy roads.

And that boyfriend of your little sister, I would have beat his ass for talking back especially when he know that what he did was wrong. I understand from Asian side of the family that female should not be at male home. And in the view of Ameircan it is nothing wrong. So you can look at it both ways.

So it is your choice to help your sister or let her screw it up and then help her (that is when she will really look up to you).

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Well I don't think your intentions are wrong any older sister would react that way if it affects their parent's feelings. My little sister she goes out with her boyfriend all the time, but she tells me and she always takes my little cousin along because she is afraid of being alone with her boyfriend she's afraid people will think things or that her boyfriend will think things... My sister normally tells me everything we're very close, she knew ab me getting married before my parents even did! LOL actually the first to know? anyhow.. I think that you really do care about your sister :p, but don't want to believe it. It's best to become their friend then try to tell them what to do they take it in easier ^__^ . I act as my sisters friend... I hide her secret about having a boyfriend as long as she tells me everything which she does... and it's kinda cute how my sister is about her relationship they've been going out for a and a half and they barely had their first "I love you" LOL ok that was off topic now, but back to it.. all you have to do is decide whether you want to be a friend/ sister or just a sister... your sisters a teen so the best way to approach it is by being friends...

PajHavZoov

sarNie Hatchling
I have two younger sisters, and I'm the oldest. First off, your parents shoulda told him "Me tub, koj mus tsev es lwm zaus koj mam rov qab tuaj dua peb yeej tsis xav li cas. Tsam no wb (the parents) tseem muaj hauj lwm lawm" basically "boy, go home and come back another time. We're busy at the moment." But since they let him stay, you shoulda sat in a nearby room instead of locking yourself up and watching them since you agreed. Or else, sit there and stare at them and make them so uncomfortable that he leaves. :D That's what I woulda done. But I don't get why, if they weren't up to shady stuff, your sister didn't just tell you "Yeah, we're going over to his house to do this or that..." instead of making ya'll panic so much.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
talking about being the older sister & watching out for your little sisters.

i got in trouble for my older sister. lolz... that's krazy. but yeah again. u are not wrong.
but dont just let ur sister do watever she wants. because when she gets hurt. you will too.
good or bad, she is your sister. just give her advice -n- tell her what right n wrong. when
she is wrong, she will realize that you were right..