Vietnam
Cambodia
France
New Zealand
I think germany also. im not sure!
anybody know of other places?

Reagan

sarNie Adult
Im curious Arissa, what are lao communities doing in Belgium, Japan, Sweden and Austria? how did they even get there?
I seriously need to think outside australia and america lol
Is belgium multicultural? how bout sweden and austria?
very good info for me =)

Darly

sarNie Egg
Yes Reagan, there are Lao people living in Germany also. There is even a web site of Lao in Hamburg that gives an overview of the small but active community there. Also, Wat Sibounheuang (the first Lao Wat in Germany) is located in Altlussheim, Germany.

I think you know Vienne, who is working and living in Spain along with a group of The Lao Cook Team.

Don't forget the UK, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg. The list can expand if you consider Lao people from Issaan as Lao people, because there are a great deal of them working and living in various parts of the world. They go where there is a job and a better future for themselves and their families. If you can find a Thai restaurant somewhere, the chance is very high that the cooks and servers speak Lao Issaan.

I saw a documentary of a medical emergency team in Israel and they interviewed this guy who has a wife from Laos.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
hahha...yes...plenty of lao ppl throughout all those mentioned countries.

wow...i did not know about THE LAO COOK TEAM darly, that's soo interesting. thnx for all the info.

well reagan, let's not forget that most lao ppl fled as refugees. many of them are in all the other countries, as they are allies of the french n americans during the the VietNam war in many ways. and as those base countries are a starting point, u'll see many lao ppl migrate beyond those borders and redefine "home" elsewhere as with many of the immigrant groups from asia.

it was very interesting for me to meet asians in europe myself, as many of my family n relatives reside there. but meeting "other" asians there who spoke those european languages was such a disorienting yet fascinating aspect for me at first, but eventually once living there, u get quite use to it urself.

p.s. add OSLO, NORWAY to that list ^_^

Reagan

sarNie Adult
I use to think laos people just live in australia and america, and then i realize heaps in france and then even in canada and omg new zealand and all over the world, I really need to step outside my house once in a while!

dfemc

sarNie Adult
jazzy said:
Argentina.....there are bunch of them and actively speak spanish more than lao...lol
[post="115812"][/post]​
great so i can go find my laotian che gueverra there afterall ;)

anan

sarNie Adult
dfemc said:
great so i can go find my laotian che gueverra there afterall ;)
[post="115862"][/post]​
LOL :loool: Che Guevara the Great Marxist revolutionary...
Do we have Lao. ppl. in Cuba too ?? :p i guess yes.... ^_^

dfemc

sarNie Adult
anan said:
LOL  :loool: Che Guevara the Great Marxist revolutionary...
Do we have Lao. ppl. in Cuba too ?? :p i guess yes....  ^_^
[post="115892"][/post]​
yes che is that argentinian hottie with revolutionary ideals, which shaped the world serving as second in commander to Fidel Castro in Cuba...simply because he's such a skilled rebel ^_^

i have yet to find a laotian in cuba, but once i do, i shall let u know ^_^

dfemc

sarNie Adult
Reagan said:
there a sexy lao guy in sydney
*smiles
[post="116660"][/post]​
yeah i hear they ride on crocodiles along the coral reef... n i believe they karaoke to "i will survive" all day, right mate? ;)

they'd be sexier if they were feeding hungry children in the motherland ^_^