WHEN YOU GET MARRIED....

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
have you ever told your mom to demand a certain price when you get married?

one of my little sister's friends told her mom that when she gets married
for her mom to demand $15,000
i find that pretty funny.. how can you put a price on yourself??
everyone should consider themselves priceless!!
how can she see herself that low?!?
lol.

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
the real question is...if i ever get marry. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
if i do ever get married, i dont want my husband's parents paying for me. i want both me and my husband to save up and pay my side of the family. but since i am the only daughter...me and my future husband got to work hard and save up alot

skies

sarNie Adult
i never liked the fact that the husband have to pay for the wife...
so, when i get married (if i ever do, like xxmiss maixx said...lol) i want both of us to contribute so we know how much we're spending on the wedding and don't have to get the elders involve...and if they want to give us some $$$ as a gift for our wedding, sure i'll be glad to take it...:D
so! no one buying the other for my wedding....

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
as for me, im priceless. :D

and i dont like that thing, u girls mention too. the husband paying for the wife, but hey
what can we say. if you are hmong, that's how its going to be.. the husband gotta pay up.

hehee..

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
dang.
i can't believe that when they are negotiating the price
they have a friggen list specifying what they are getting charged for
i don't know if this is at all weddings
but when i was the green lady...
that's what those OGs were holding onto and discussing...

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
In my opinion, Hmong marriage is more like selling, since they demand a price.

Punk

sarNie Egg
have you ever told your mom to demand a certain price when you get married?

one of my little sister's friends told her mom that when she gets married
for her mom to demand $15,000
i find that pretty funny.. how can you put a price on yourself??
everyone should consider themselves priceless!!
how can she see herself that low?!?
lol.

SOME GIRLS WORTH A MILLION AND SOME ARE WORTHLESS!

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
oh yes...my life is worth a million....depending what age am i...now i'm 16 so now is 16 million but for the future who knows...my prize is expensive n of course i do not want to get married ever n my life...guys r bullshit...but someday i might change my mind...

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
o_O I think most asian cultures are like this, but as for me my parents didn't demand anything when I got married for 2 reasons
they raised me out of love and they consider demanding a price on me is like selling their child
and also as long as the guy loves me and I love the guy then thats all that should matter..
someone can have millions of dollars and still be a jackarse whereas compared to someone who barely has anything but can treat you like their world..
but I guess it depends on how the parents feel about things

rukmos

sarNie Adult
My parents are really old fashioned about these things and it doesn't help that my father is one of the elders where people come to when they talk about marriage and what price to set for.

I've heard my father talk to others about how much the bride price should be because they have to pay for this and that and I was like...WTH? Marriage is a union of two people coming together so every should just pitch in and not make money such a big deal!

candi

sarNie Juvenile
One other thing is, they will bring up ALL the wrongs that the family's ancentor's done to eachother..thats why the negotiation takes so long!

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
OH, I KNOW HOW MUCH I WORTH BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT SOME LOSER ASS GIRLS DON'T WORTH A SHIT!
lols. u are very funny. i guess that's ok if you label yourself then.

but again, everyone is price-less. ;)

btw PUNK - why are you always mad? chill out nigka! :D

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
Why do girls think that that money is how much we are worth? Don't you ever think that parents do that to prevent the other family from treating you badly in the future? It's not how much you are worth. Of course, we all know that $10,000, $20,000, or $100,000 is not even worth the price of our head. In the old days, back in Laos or Thailand, some parents might have looked at the dowry money as money but now, I don't think parents think the dowry money as that. The $5000 does not even cover the wedding that the girl's parents throw for her. I never look at the dowry as a bad thing. Every girl should be happy that there is a $5000 dowry. It may be a lot for some parents who have a lot of sons, but it's something that you have to respect.

If I ever married, I want my parnts to ask for $5000, and $50,000 if they ever abuse me or mistreat me, $100,000 for returning me. Haha... :p

danger

sarNie Hatchling
Why are so many of you girls hesitating on whether you're gonna married or not? You guys don't want to get married or what? :lol:

Ok, now back to the issue here. I personally think the parents putting a price on their daughters is WRONG!!! Even though they did gave some back to the couple after the wedding, it still doesn't seem right in the first place. I think it's the guy's choice on how much or what he's giving to the parents as gifts to show them how grateful he is for them to let him marry their precious daughter.

taeyang_vip

sarNie Egg
Why are so many of you girls hesitating on whether you're gonna married or not? You guys don't want to get married or what? :lol:

Ok, now back to the issue here. I personally think the parents putting a price on their daughters is WRONG!!! Even though they did gave some back to the couple after the wedding, it still doesn't seem right in the first place. I think it's the guy's choice on how much or what he's giving to the parents as gifts to show them how grateful he is for them to let him marry their precious daughter.
But it's obvious if is up to the guy's choice he wouldn't want to give anything to the parents.