what's the big shock about?

Kina

Dubsteppin'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5032214.stm

im sure some of u, if not all, have heard or read about the recent news on the Iraqi massacre. it is said that US militants tried to cover it up, thus logically proving that they did kill/murder them intentionally and purposefully, or else why would ya try to cover it up? :blink: one answer that i can think of is so american citizens here and fellow international people would not find out, making them the maker of horror.

but thats not what i wanna point out. i just wanna know why people are so frikkin shocked and surprised at what american militants did on the massacre? let's look back at history, shall we???? hmmm...well, there is the murderings during the Vietnam War bk then. there are the killings during ww2 in addition to hiroshima. do some americans think that history do not repeat itself? hello! it does repeat itself - - - american militants HAVE intentionally and purposefully murdered - massacre or not - people. each militant and soldiers are their own individual person; who knows why they killed those iraqis? maybe bcz they're just iraqis? we dont no but point is...there aint nuttin to be surprised about because american militants have murdered much more than this so called massacre that was covered up.

for anyone who's ever been around military people, especially marines, some of them are, for lack of a better word, nuts. imagine your an infantryman in the middle of a guerilla type war, brainwashed by your commanding officers to believe that everything that you do is justified because your fighting for your country while at the same time having your sanity tested by constant threats of physical harm and/or death. and did i forget to mention some of them are nuts.

how naive do some americans gotta be? <_<

Preahya

sarNie Hatchling
I wasn't shocked by this recent event and I'm not one of those naive AMERICAN....I know the history and that's why I don' think our men and women who are fighting in the name for our country (actually the commander-in-chief- sent them there to do his 'political agenda') are not educated in 'world history or affairs.' All of them don't know the history of the people that they are raging war against.....a repeat of the Vietnam War!! Most of them go to the military as an alternative to the life that they had before joining the Army. Some will join because they are loyal to the US of A and they will protect it borders regardless of what hey have to do!!!

I watched some of the documenaries on the war in Iraq and I heard what some of them got to say.....about the people, the whole issue about the war, and the war itself....alot of them especially the newer ones....sounded so ingorance and the attuitudes...in the newer soliders.....I was so disgusted and sad!! But one thing for sure.....the newer ones aren't educated....i'm sorry but alot of them were white young adult, who sounds like they are from the mid-west or the south!! The ones who would say to u 'go back to your country' kind ofpeople!! If u watch Black Hawk Down....the actors really portrayed the young 'army men' very well.....the 'naive' in them!!!

I know they are fighting in an enviroment where it is all about the killings and doing your job.....with all the diversions and the stresses too.....it will kill a person in the inside and it will leave a permanent mark on their souls forever!! However, I don' t think they should think that all mighty and can do whatever they pleases to do on innocent people... :angry:

Remember....massacres like this and My Lai Massacre are not embedded in our mind.....we are taught to look at our military....in images like D-Day, the liberation of Paris, the liberations of the death camps, and so forth. As long as u are comfortable in that world.....then I think they are the people who will be 'shock' by the actions that our men and women did to these people!!

anjos

me too... I usent shock at all.... of this news....... and I do agree w/ya.... history does repeat itseft..... I dont really see the point of having this war...... and dont they see that american havent really won any war in the past..... I feel soooo bad and sad for both side.....for those men and women who's fighting for our country and for those Iraqi massacre.......

Kina

Dubsteppin'
Preahya said:
I wasn't shocked by this recent event and I'm not one of those naive AMERICAN....I know the history and that's why I don' think our men and women who are fighting in the name for our country (actually the commander-in-chief- sent them there to do his 'political agenda') are not educated in 'world history or affairs.' All of them don't know the history of the people that they are raging war against.....a repeat of the Vietnam War!! Most of them go to the military as an alternative to the life that they had before joining the Army. Some will join because they are loyal to the US of A and they will protect it borders regardless of what hey have to do!!!

I watched some of the documenaries on the war in Iraq and I heard what some of them got to say.....about the people, the whole issue about the war, and the war itself....alot of them especially the newer ones....sounded so ingorance and the attuitudes...in the newer soliders.....I was so disgusted and sad!! But one thing for sure.....the newer ones aren't educated....i'm sorry but alot of them were white young adult, who sounds like they are from the mid-west or the south!! The ones who would say to u 'go back to your country' kind ofpeople!! If u watch Black Hawk Down....the actors really portrayed the young 'army men' very well.....the 'naive' in them!!!

I know they are fighting in an enviroment where it is all about the killings and doing your job.....with all the diversions and the stresses too.....it will kill a person in the inside and it will leave a permanent mark on their souls forever!! However, I don' t think they should think that all mighty and can do whatever they pleases to do on innocent people... :angry:

Remember....massacres like this and My Lai Massacre are not embedded in our mind.....we are taught to look at our military....in images like D-Day, the liberation of Paris, the liberations of the death camps, and so forth. As long as u are comfortable in that world.....then I think they are the people who will be 'shock' by the actions that our men and women did to these people!!
[post="125374"][/post]​
you made a good point about the younger soldiers, particularly the guys in age range from 18 to mid 20's. and ur absolutely correct about their lack of american history education. many of them actually joined the army to ease their college education because the government would do the paying - make sense, which is a very stupid way of recruiting "men" to the army by "bribing" them. it makes me think that the draft should not be obligatory among men because, sadly, some men are just not mature enough. if yall have watched that 9/11 documentary of 2 yrs ago when they depicted men who were listening to cd tracks of Metallica while on duty, killing many...as if they were playing a gruesome & violent game.

im very disappointed in the american army.

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
I haven't been following this news although I heard it...but anyhow I think this whole war is a conspiracy there's more than what meets the eyes or what "Our commander in Chief" is telling us....I mean what threat is Iraq to us...

Iran and North Korea and even China are far a much greater threat than Iraq....but yet even if a war with those country would occur we don't have the capability to do much since we maxed out our soldiers...they are deployed all over the world and we kinda are overdeployed...anyhow I might be off topic...