what should i get my mom for her bday?

christmas just passed. so she got the gps she wanted. she likes estee lauder, but i've bought her plenty of stuff from there over the years that she has stuff she hasn't used yet. :lol:

no lotion, candles, scented stuff, perfume, etc... she's pretty stocked with those stuff, too. :lol: 55 years, holidays, etc... it's like i've run out of stuff to give her. :eek:

hm??? :huh: i'm thinking about getting her an express gift card but not too sure. i'm thinking of making her a coconut/pineapple kind of dessert, too... but i can't cook.

can use some cooking tips as well. thanks. B)

judyp

sarNie Adult
^^ true that. lol. thats what my mom always wants for her bday, mothers day or any special holiday.

but i think you should take her out to a nice dinner. all parents love it when their kids take the time to take them out. and if you really want to get your mom something, how about jewelry? i don't know about your mom, but my mom loves jewelry. get her a nice necklace or bracelet. she'll love you forever! ^_^

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
A dinner and a movie. Get her a cake at the restaurant and give her a gift card to her favorite store. :D

My Mom loves it when I take her out to those.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
I have a couple of ideas.

The first idea is...make a personalized coupon book of things that you could do for your mum...throughout the month, year or week...or whatever. Make sure to put an expiration date too...and notations like "coupon may not be used in conjunction with any other coupon offers...unless you ask reeeeally nicely...etc." HAHA. It's more fun that way. You could put stuff like "good for one 15 minute massage"; "one free lunch"; "pass to a movie" (you don't have to go out...it can be at home); "one free dessert"; and anything else you can think of. I have tons of ideas but I didn't type it out because I thought you might want to come up with your own. Plus, I'm lazy.

Also, you don't have to that general. For example, if you were just making a coupon book for the week, you could arrange these things according to the days (i.e., "monday massage-15 minutes"; tuesday trip to lunch"; "wednesday wash: laundry on me" (as in you); "thankful thursday: one free dessert"; "fun friday-good for five free lotto tickets"; "saturday steak night" (make her a steak dinner or take her out...whatever); "sunday son-free time with son". i don't know...something like this. i have all sorts of coupon ideas/methods. i type and print it out on card stock paper too! :lol:

Second idea is (if you don't want to hassle with the coupons)...get your mom a purse/bag and put a bunch of lottery tickets in there...scratchers and/or numbers (quick picks). It's simple, creative, and exciting.

Btw, to anyone who's reading this...these ideas...especially the coupon book idea...it works for all sorts of occasions (i.e., valentines...lol....you know what things you could put in that coupon book). I haven't been able to try that out yet, but it sounds like fun. Try it.

However, I have made a coupon book for my mum for mother's day. she enjoyed it so much. she would literally use the coupons too, and got quite upset when it would expire. LOL one time she was on her menstrual cycle and was craving some major sweets, so she took out her "mother's day coupon book". it was so cute. anywho, she took out the coupon book and got all upset, and i was like "ma, what's wrong??" then she said "dumit (that's how she says "damnit"), my dessert coupon expired!!! (full on asian accent and everything!)" LOOL i was laughing so hard. it's just one of those moments. but yeah, i got her the dessert anyways and she appreciated it. it was so adorable! :lol:

noungning

Heartless
um i'd say... how about u make her a cake.

sounds like she has everything already, i'm sure she'd be happy to just see her son baking a cake lol. and staying home and spending time with her. mom's like that... when their kids stays home with them.