What is wrong with my CD-Ram Drive?

Ana

sarNie Adult
It doesn't open. It was working last 2 weeks ago. This week something seem to be up. My PC is working fine except the CD-Ram Drive won't open.

What's wrong with it?
Help me please!
I'm desperate I can't burn my DVD w/o it :blush:

And the computer be freezing for no reason too. What's wrong with it? What do I have to do?

Pure Azn

sarNie Hatchling
It doesn't open. It was working last 2 weeks ago. This week something seem to be up. My PC is working fine except the CD-Ram Drive won't open.

What's wrong with it?
Help me please!
I'm desperate I can't burn my DVD w/o it :blush:

And the computer be freezing for no reason too. What's wrong with it? What do I have to do?
Did u try to open by right click on drive and select Eject on ur computer? if that doesn't work, there is the old fashion paper clip and manually open the drive lol, thats what I do nowadays when one of my drives stops opening, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. It's natural, just means that ur gonna need a new dvd burner (which are cheap nowadays) but why buy a new one when u can still use it... straighten out the paper clip and insert it into that small tiny hole(yea u gotta look for it) in the front of ur DVD-rom drive. Push it in and the drive should open and insert ur cd's or dvd's that u gonna burn. Hope that helps.

Ana

sarNie Adult
Thanx, guys!

I stick a needle into the small litle hole in front of the cd-ram drive but nothing opened. Any other way?

Pure Azn

sarNie Hatchling
Thanx, guys!

I stick a needle into the small litle hole in front of the cd-ram drive but nothing opened. Any other way?
ur needle is probably too short or your not pushing it hard enough or your not angling correctly enough to trigger the gear that opens the drive door. That's why i prefer using a thick paper clip that is strong enough to open the drive door without bending. You need about 2 inches in length. Or you can try rebooting the computer, while the computer is starting up, keep pressing the button on ur dvd drive and sometimes it opens and sometimes it doesn't. Thats all the adivce i can give u, hopefully it works.

Ana

sarNie Adult
Thank you very much SensAZN :D

I think my needle was way too short..lol..that's y it didn't work :lol:
I'll use a bigger one or a paper clip than..hehe..thanx again!