What do you think of Taboo people?

kazz143

sarNie Juvenile
what how can people date each other while their last name are the same.... i mean when u meat someone dnt u ask what their surname is first so u know if not to flirt with them....i mean i dnt understand that two people with the same surname would even come to like each other....like ur my cousins eewwww wouldnt that turn u off........well u may not be related buh technically u are somewhere in the blood line cause u share the same surname.....and its okay to marry ur first cousin because obvious thing u dnt have the same surname....well provided ur guy marries ur aunties daughter from ur dads side....

nerine

sarNie Egg
what how can people date each other while their last name are the same.... i mean when u meat someone dnt u ask what their surname is first so u know if not to flirt with them....i mean i dnt understand that two people with the same surname would even come to like each other....like ur my cousins eewwww wouldnt that turn u off........well u may not be related buh technically u are somewhere in the blood line cause u share the same surname.....and its okay to marry ur first cousin because obvious thing u dnt have the same surname....well provided ur guy marries ur aunties daughter from ur dads side....

hmmm... yeah, but you never know... unless you're the taboo people. You won't feel what they feel because you haven't been in a situation like them.

rukmos

sarNie Adult
Hmong people are all related somehow so even if someone else has a different last name, it's just a name. I've been taught that we shouldn't date people with same last name, but if we're all related and only a "last name" separates us, then isn't that kind of contradictory?

kazz143

sarNie Juvenile
no i dnt think we are all related...deres different clans and each clan has their own beliefs....buh if ur got the same surname but from different clan dats not okay for u to date too because think about it its wrong in so many ways.......i just dnt understand the need to date someone with the same surname as you....plenty of fish in the sea...hehehehe

rukmos

sarNie Adult
no i dnt think we are all related...deres different clans and each clan has their own beliefs....buh if ur got the same surname but from different clan dats not okay for u to date too because think about it its wrong in so many ways.......i just dnt understand the need to date someone with the same surname as you....plenty of fish in the sea...hehehehe
I'm not trying to argue with you, but I would like to read some of your reasons for why it's wrong? Or anyone who believes it's taboo? Different Clans-different beliefs, but same last name and people aren't related. What's so wrong if we're not related?

kazz143

sarNie Juvenile
just read back to some older post den ull see why...buh if u wanna go date someone with last surname as u den go for it....personally i just dnt think theres a need to.....

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
well i just think that it's weird to be taboo cause it's like you're marrying your own little brother or little sister or big brother or big sister or even your uncle or aunt or even your grandpa or grandma.
i mean seriously, it feels awkward thinking about it, lol.... :coverlaf:

xoxcOcOxox

sarNie Hatchling
To me I feel that this is a bad thing to like or even married someone of the same last name, but like everyone says we learned that since we were little so it's embedded into our head. While others feel that it's dumb and stupid they have to think of the elders. What will they say if you go against your will, I have a cousin he is a Vang and married a Fang which is a big NO, NO!! but they still did since they believed there is no blood relationship between them just the old hmong saying. Will they went against their will and now her family disowned her. They won't talk to her or even see her, if people talk about them her parents say they have no such daughter.

Yes love does take you into a place you don't want to get away from but sometimes you have to see that maybe the elders had something behind this you can't married someone of the same last name or even married the last name you are banned from. I believed it's better to have your parents trust and love since no matter what they are there for you, it's just sad to hear that your parents disowned you because you married someone of the same last name.

But nowadays I feel like it doesn't matter no more since the elders are passing away and the new generation are not keeping the culture alive.