what do you look for in a guy?

Mya

sarNie Hatchling
a guy who has a sense of direction is very attractive!

and i also think the strong, silent type is suuuper hot. ;) it's a major turn-off for me when a guy talks shit about anything and everything. :p

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
I like a man who has music talents...ability to play a guitar, piano/keyboard, sing,etc...
Educated...
honest...
Understanding
Open minded
Does not mind doing house work
A man who can drive and likes to drive, because i hate to drive.
Manly... tough, strong, even if his has no muscles...able to stand up for people he cares about
the list can go on and on...

The only thing that i don't like is when guys don't listen well or pay attention to what you say. Nyuam qhuav hais tas xwb, the next time, rov ua li qub. I hate that. A man has to listen well and pay attention to when I talk. If he says or makes a promise with me, or has asked me out, he has better keep it or let me know.

In other words, before all else that I listed above, he should never never promise something with me that he can't keep. Yog tias nws twb made a promise with me, es nws tsis nco qab lawm es kuv tseem tau ask nws why thiab mas I will dump him the next time he does it again.

Listen well, pay attention to when a girl is saying, don't break promises or make that you can't keep. I don't really care if he is rich or handsome or educated or how much i loved him or liked him or he loves me, I will definitely kick him out of my life if he keeps breaking or forgetting his plans with me.

goo list...:D

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
for me i like a guy who will make me think he is different from the rest of the guys...and he doesnt have to be all that good looking...and he has to have a good looking body...so he has to be sporty lol...and wells iono...he has to be able to make me happy and laugh all the time...wells not all the time but like yea...

MaGic*_*

sarNie Egg
i am just amazed at the list in here...too silly...

i pretty much agreed with Cecilia and Mae, you two pretty much hit some key points.

before we ask the question, "what do you look for in a guy/girl?" we need to ask this question, "WHAT CAN I OFFER TO A GUY/GIRL (AND HIS/HER FAMILY)?"

i have a little game task for everyone...i have learn this little task from an article which i read. Here is how it work or goes:

1. Stand in front of a mirror and make sure u have a paper and pen or pencil with you. Look over yourself in the mirror and write down as many things about your image, personality, and your accomplishment...anything you think you are, in that list. COME UP WITH AS MANY THINGS AS YOU CAN.

2. After you have done that, read your list over and eliminated those that are less important to you.

3. Give that list to a few people who know you very well.

4. Let them look at the listed and see if they agreed base on what you list on that paper.

5. If they disagreed on a term and that is so fake about you and totally not you than take that thing out.

6. Now, you look at that list and see what is left.

Now that you are done with the process, you will now see what you can offer to that guy or girl. Most importantly, you can only expect from other as much as you can offer to the others only.

As for me, i cannot ask for what i truly want but i can only taken in from other at the free will of their willingness offer only. If i ask for what i wants, i don't think i can ever get those things nor those thing ever existed in a person. Cause i realize that, when i least expected life and least expected from others, i always received the best. I used to be hella strict when it come to people cause i have such a high standard and no one was able to reach that. It wasn't them but it was me. I thought to myself that i really need to change and i did. I learn how to just appreciated others for who they are. I have extend my horizon and now, my world is at the peek of the best excitement ever. JUST GOTTA LIVED AND ENJOY LIFE AS IT IS. :D

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
^^ ahaha.. maybe that is a question girls can bust back to the guys...
"what can you offer me?"
lol.
Lol...i might agree with you on that. maybe we should ask guys what they can offer us if we date/marry them.
It might be easier to decline or accept them.

I know for sure I definitely don't want a mama's boy, a liar, a cheater, a traditional man, or a coward. He should not be too young to look like a younger brother or too old that makes him look like my father.

If I married him, I don't care if he works at McDonald's for a living as long as he knows how to work around the house and knows what to make our marriage work or trying his best to make it work. If I'm a terrible daughter-in-law, he needs to know what to do to make me learn to be a good daughter-in-law. He just needs to understand what is right and what is wrong and knows Hmong culture. I hate men who think women should stay in the kitchen and they should wake up 4 or 5 in the morning to prepare breakfast for the family. This is America, we all have work to do and too tired to do that stuff anymore.

If he doesn't understand me or accept my opinions, I don't care if he is the emperor, I'll ditch him and never ever see or talk to him again.

LOL...there are tons to list here.

So, next time, when I talk to a man, I will ask him what he has to offer me.

MaGic*_*

sarNie Egg
Lol...i might agree with you on that. maybe we should ask guys what they can offer us if we date/marry them.
It might be easier to decline or accept them.

I know for sure I definitely don't want a mama's boy, a liar, a cheater, a traditional man, or a coward. He should not be too young to look like a younger brother or too old that makes him look like my father.

If I married him, I don't care if he works at McDonald's for a living as long as he knows how to work around the house and knows what to make our marriage work or trying his best to make it work. If I'm a terrible daughter-in-law, he needs to know what to do to make me learn to be a good daughter-in-law. He just needs to understand what is right and what is wrong and knows Hmong culture. I hate men who think women should stay in the kitchen and they should wake up 4 or 5 in the morning to prepare breakfast for the family. This is America, we all have work to do and too tired to do that stuff anymore.

If he doesn't understand me or accept my opinions, I don't care if he is the emperor, I'll ditch him and never ever see or talk to him again.

LOL...there are tons to list here.

So, next time, when I talk to a man, I will ask him what he has to offer me.

"what can you offer us?" ...hmmm...why dont we all started with "what can i offer them?"...it will make ur life and their life so much easier. Don't you think so?

that remind me, no wonder Hmong GUYS/MEN treat the girls like a piece of sh*t only...

anyway...

sorry sister but, i think you are CONFUSE!!!

you are contradicting yourself in your writing...such as:

He just needs to understand what is right and what is wrong and knows Hmong culture.

than your next statement is this:
I hate men who think women should stay in the kitchen and they should wake up 4 or 5 in the morning to prepare breakfast for the family.

my point is, isn't that how Hmong culture is? the Hmong men expect the women to stay at the kitchen only and wake up very early. So if u expect your man to know Hmong culture, why aren't you willing to do that or let him expect that from you?

totally weird... :D

Mae

sarNie Adult
"what can you offer us?" ...hmmm...why dont we all started with "what can i offer them?"...it will make ur life and their life so much easier. Don't you think so?

that remind me, no wonder Hmong GUYS/MEN treat the girls like a piece of sh*t only...

anyway...

sorry sister but, i think you are CONFUSE!!!

you are contradicting yourself in your writing...such as:

He just needs to understand what is right and what is wrong and knows Hmong culture.

than your next statement is this:
I hate men who think women should stay in the kitchen and they should wake up 4 or 5 in the morning to prepare breakfast for the family.

my point is, isn't that how Hmong culture is? the Hmong men expect the women to stay at the kitchen only and wake up very early. So if u expect your man to know Hmong culture, why aren't you willing to do that or let him expect that from you?

totally weird... :D
lol... I like you Magic!!!!

Blackheart

sarNie Egg
Since I'm going to college and work at the same time. I want that in a guy as well.
If not then as long as he is not lazy and has a job.
Someone who also is not short temper or has a anger problem.
Most of all, I love a guy who treats me like a queen.kekeke I wish!
So sad for some of you to know but I was talking about a white guy.
Sorry! I'm just not interest in hmong guys these days.
Maybe if someone could change my mind. Then maybe.

MaGic*_*

sarNie Egg
lol... I like you Magic!!!!

LOLZ!!!

thank you "MAE" for liking me...wink* ;) ...i like u too...u seem pretty logic with your posts...

Since I'm going to college and work at the same time. I want that in a guy as well.
Missmee22, i totally understand what you are saying...

cause right now, i am on the border of changing my mind from HMONG guys to others race. Altho my feeling towards Hmong guys is fading away...my hope is still there...so maybe i will be stuck at this stage for a while. I never give up on a person so easy nor will i give up on Hmong guys this easy. I still have a little faith that my special someone who is truly mine is out there somewhere. He probably preparing himself for me so that when he arrived at my door step, he and i wont surfer much...lolz...

however when Hmong men don't want me no more and they complain that i am too old, i will take other options that is available to me at that time. But for now, i am good where i stand cause my hope are still high... HMong men aren't so bad if you happen to know the right person. :D

mysuper_girlfriend

sarNie Juvenile
don't you guys hate it when a guy busts this question at you?
ahaha.
well.. i haven't heard this question for a long time now
since i have a bf.
but when guys used to ask me that..
i'm always like.. "i don't know what i look for.. but i do know what i don't like.."
because really.. i've never looked for things in a guy..
it was always.. i'm gonna get whatever he brings me.. or whatever he's got..
it's a take it or leave it deal. LMAO

uh ?...

mysuper_girlfriend

sarNie Juvenile

you want to be treated like a queen? ur treating me like shit already...

souless

sarNie Egg
never tell a guy what you "want"
because they will lie to get you..
ahaha..
so you lie about poeple then? how stupid is that? you are one shameless person. don't even think about guys. shameless girl like you deserve some shameless guy also. don't worry, you will get someone just like you.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
so you lie about poeple then? how stupid is that? you are one shameless person. don't even think about guys. shameless girl like you deserve some shameless guy also. don't worry, you will get someone just like you.
this is starting to become a personal issue huh?
hmm.. i'm debating on whether i should care or not...
uhm.. i don't care what weird people have to say about me
you don't know me personally.. so you can think whatever you'd like..
oh yeah.. one more thing... why are you so mad?
ahaha..

MaGic*_*

sarNie Egg
i totally agreed...

you got my AHEM*** :D