what are your thoughts of arlington refusing to bury gvp

stephanie

sarNie Adult
A lot of hmong people are angry about Arlington burial refusing to burry gvp there. What are your thoughts about this? Personally, i think that it was better that he was burried in California due to the fact that his family would be able to visit him.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I see, a lot of people online are SUPER mad which is stupid. they said no, that means GVP is not welcomed there. I don't know why they went on to appeal for it. must be lame! anyways my opinion on this, I don't think much of it, because GVP didn't want to be bury at Arlington, he wanted to be buried in southern california and he got it, so I'm neutral.

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
well, i am a bit ticked off because he was denied the arlington burial. my reason is that the denial to the prestige Arlington burial was like a rejection that GVP is not important enough to be recognize as an american allied. not only is he not recognize, the hmong's effort during the war is also not being recognize...........as for GVP wanting S. Cali for his burial, i think that was never made clear. apparently the american official and GVP family verbalizes that he wants arlington for the burial site.

pangiaxiong

sarNie Adult
well, i am a bit ticked off because he was denied the arlington burial. my reason is that the denial to the prestige Arlington burial was like a rejection that GVP is not important enough to be recognize as an american allied. not only is he not recognize, the hmong's effort during the war is also not being recognize...........as for GVP wanting S. Cali for his burial, i think that was never made clear. apparently the american official and GVP family verbalizes that he wants arlington for the burial site.
I agree with you. I wouldn't be this mad if the military official were able to provide a better excuse, than "Oh...we dont' have enough space", well that guy Bill something was willing to gave up his spot for GVP, but it was still denied! That IS BS. They said that GVP was not a soldier of American but he was in a secret war with the American. Again they respond back that "Oh...it's only a secret war" BS. I don't care, It's still a war - with the Hmong people fought with the american against Vietnam.

Also I would of been so much happier if the CALLS MADE BY THOUSAND OF HMONG PEOPLE WERE RETURN FROM THE WHITE HOUSE!!!! PROVIDING USE WITH A GOOD ANSWER AS TO WHY IN THE WORLD DID THEY REJECT GVP!!! BUT NO THEY NEVER DID THAT EITHER!

THIS JUST PROVED THAT THE AMERICAN SYSTEM IS BS.........SCREW THE AMERICAN WAYS, I'M SICK OF IT!

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
Well, if VP had the option of shipping his body to bury at his homeland in Laos, I believe that he would prefer to do that. He wouldn't care to be buried at Arlington.
If you look at the bright side, all the other Hmong veterans would probably be honored to bury their bodies next to VP's body when they pass too... right?

stephanie

sarNie Adult
@ ddwabb true true... any ways, just be careful of what u say about the american government ect, you too are an american citizen...

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
@ ddwabb true true... any ways, just be careful of what u say about the american government ect, you too are an american citizen...
we ARE american citizen that's why we are voicing our opinion. we have the right to voice what we want and what we feel is right because this is America, not a communist country in which we can not even talk about the government and their constitution......

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
yes there are requirements and as far as I know, he didn't meet them? that's why he was not allowed to be buried there.
I don't know what the requirements were, but I'm not interested because it's over already but if anybody knows. please give us the link or post it on here so we can refer to it hehe

A lot of people are still mad over this, I don't know why but honestly, if GVP is really a good person, he will be recognized and known wherever he is buried. :thumbsup:

Muddie Murda

smile...
Correct, if he didn't meet the requirements, then hmong people shouldn't be complaining about it. Can't make an "exception" or else everyone else will feel like they should get an exception too. VP wasn't US' only ally.

By the way people, I don't know where you get ya'lls news anf facts, hopefully not from a blog from angry folks, but to be eligible, the person must have served in the US armed forces. From what I know, VP was not in the US armed forces but was an ally to the force. People shouldn't be mad and cursing the country because an exception couldn't be made.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
Don't know the requirement, but there are and have been EXCEPTIONS...there is an african american man buried there w/ no military background, he was buried there because he dug graves at Arlington for 60 years. They decided to let him be burried there. There was also another I cannot recall the story of.

So whether GVP was fighting under the name of the Royal Lao Family or the United States, I believe it should not matter, he fought for democracy, he lead American soldiers in hostile situations. I am sadden at the thought that the American Gov. denied the burial of GVP due to the fact that they did not want to upset our Communist ally Laos at the cost of upsetting their ally the Hmongs. If they made an exception for a grave digger I believe making an exception for a military ally during one of the biggest war in American history make just as much sense.

On a lighter note, I am glad he's been buried in California for it will be much more convenient for the Hmong people to visit him. Plus his wife said she didn't want GVP to be buried at Arlington because she wanted to be buried next to him.

ayang874

sarNie Hatchling
Hey guys I heard he was buried at the cemetery that has a lot of famous celebrities like Michael Jackson. Anyone know if this is true? California's not that bad, I mean if he was buried at Arlington, Hmong people couldn't bring deceased foods/drinks or light incense or do all those Hmong rituals that people usually do at their loved one's graveside. Plus visiting his grave is much easier because CA has a huge Hmong population. It would be interesting if they approved the repeal because in the Hmong culture, re-digging a grave is very bad for the deceased's spirits. Anyway, I heard his oldest son is now proclaimed leader of the Hmong-Americans by their family. Lots of people are pissed about that but I think it's only temporary until someone steps up to the plate and shows the skills to really lead us.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Don't know the requirement, but there are and have been EXCEPTIONS...there is an african american man buried there w/ no military background, he was buried there because he dug graves at Arlington for 60 years. They decided to let him be burried there. There was also another I cannot recall the story of.

So whether GVP was fighting under the name of the Royal Lao Family or the United States, I believe it should not matter, he fought for democracy, he lead American soldiers in hostile situations. I am sadden at the thought that the American Gov. denied the burial of GVP due to the fact that they did not want to upset our Communist ally Laos at the cost of upsetting their ally the Hmongs. If they made an exception for a grave digger I believe making an exception for a military ally during one of the biggest war in American history make just as much sense.
I'm just curious. Those who want GVP to be buried in Arlington, what's the reason behind it? Is it the fact that, he help the Hmong people about 36 years ago, or is it the fact that the remaining Hmong want to be known and recognized for what GVP did??? Sometimes I feel that hmong people just want to be on known and be on top of everyone when there are requirements, regulations and etc that you have to follow and have. Just my two cents. :)

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Hey guys I heard he was buried at the cemetery that has a lot of famous celebrities like Michael Jackson. Anyone know if this is true? California's not that bad, I mean if he was buried at Arlington, Hmong people couldn't bring deceased foods/drinks or light incense or do all those Hmong rituals that people usually do at their loved one's graveside. Plus visiting his grave is much easier because CA has a huge Hmong population. It would be interesting if they approved the repeal because in the Hmong culture, re-digging a grave is very bad for the deceased's spirits. Anyway, I heard his oldest son is now proclaimed leader of the Hmong-Americans by their family. Lots of people are pissed about that but I think it's only temporary until someone steps up to the plate and shows the skills to really lead us.
Hopefully GVP eldest son doesn't take lead, and i hope it's only for temp lol
Because how are people just going to pick the eldest son or just anyone to be the next leader when he/they hasn't help and achieve anything like his Father (GVP) did. it's ridiculous.

Also I feel like the Hmong people don't need anybody to lead them. Is there really a point of having someone to lead us?
What's the reason behind it? I'm just curious. :)

Muddie Murda

smile...

On a lighter note, I am glad he's been buried in California for it will be much more convenient for the Hmong people to visit him. Plus his wife said she didn't want GVP to be buried at Arlington because she wanted to be buried next to him.
Yes there has been those kinds of exceptions, but most has been denied and so I don't think Hmong people should be making THIS big of a commotion about it. A pilot from 9/11 was denied being buried there too. That must have hurt a lot. I understand that some are still trying to get it approved and wants Hmong people to call the white house to change their mind. I encourage everyone to do that too, but if it's still denied then please just leave it be and don't blame the country for it.

lauj_starlights

sarNie Egg
mainira said:
i think that he qualify as an EXCEPTION to be bury there and hmong people should make a commotion to this. if not him, then who do? others had been burial there with less patriotism and loyalty to this country.
You said it. That is the reason why GVP should belong in Arlington.
At least he is resting peacefully now. Our Leader is looking upon us, Hmong, who at least tried.

RIP GVP.