Wedding Dresses & Ideas

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I would not know what to do with that much money. I am weird in a sense that if I have a lot of choices I usually walk out empty handed lol

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Yup, give me a budget and I can do better. But give me a blank check and I wouldn't know what to do hahahah. If I have all the time in the world to choose I will be an indecisive girl and probably ends up with something I don't like later.

I am just like that...when we went house hunting I have no idea what I want. Both houses, I didn't quite like and complain about till today lol. My husband is different, we look at about 5 houses and he was tired and picked whatever lol. I told him, I don't care pick whatever house you want cause I am going to remodeled it anyway.

cecilia

Staff member
I used to want big wedding when I was in some high school years ago lol  But now I think simple wedding with close family/friends is best because no one needs to know that I marry the man of my dream beside my family/friends.

Ring? Can we just use our heart as 'mutual' ring? lol Well, if it were me I would probably pick just a simple and inexpensive one because if I were to lose it I won't have to feel bad about it. An expensive -- really expensive one will make me feel devastated for the rest of my life if it went missing. However, for commoner like me ... the question lies on how much can we afford it as a couple? lol  Either way, I still go with the inexpensive and simple one -- less concern when it is lost :)

BTW, some of these wedding dress are so pretty ... I always love Adriana Papell's design so I'd wear one of her when the time does come for it :)

sarNie Adult
Well sometimes it's better to spend on a marriage than throw everything on the wedding.  :coverlaf: . Although they do say that the wedding is the last big party a woman has before she starts having parties for her kids. So women want to go all out and go for the dream wedding. But weddings cost so much these days. there's the gown, the flowers, the church, the reception! OH GOD. the list is limitless. 

But as for the wedding dress, there is an odd superstition in our country that brides cannot wear the wedding gown until the wedding day. You can just imagine the nightmare that brides and couturiers have to go through because of that. The old folks say it's bad luck to wear the wedding gown before the wedding because the wedding will not push through or something. There's also a superstition that brides must not wear pearls on their wedding day because pearls = tears. or something. So yeah. there are some odd stuff like that in some parts of the world. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I was talking to one of my husband's friend not long a go. He's dating someone for 4 years now and hasn't really thought about marriage yet. I asked him how come he doesn't want to get marry when he knows it's going to be her. She wants to get married he is dragging his feet. And we went on to having a discussion about what type of wedding and so on.

Well, he said, I don't want a big wedding because I don't want to invite too many people. Because at the end of the day, you invite them to come eat, they leave and you are the one having to clean up the mess. Not to add, some even talk about how bad it is if it doesn't turn out the way they like it. So, why should I spend all that money so people can gossip later lol. Needless to say he is still living with her. Though to add to his procrastination, he is a momma's boy and she doesn't care for his girlfriend.

aymieluvsyu637

sarNie Adult
byebye said:
Mine is a simple princess cut...with two bands. I got it actually for my 7th year anniversary because when we first got married we were broke.

Hubby gave me a budget...but I almost tripled the amount lol. He was not there to buy it with me I just bought whatever I thought was simple and nice in my eyes.

I did have a chance to buy one similar to the ring above but my fingers are so small anything over 1 carat just make it uncomfortable for me. My ring size is smaller than 5 1/2.

[SIZE=10.5pt]I know what you mean. I actually went to w/ my husband to get my ring. I find that fortunate because if he went by himself he probably would’ve gotten the reg rock. There’s nothing wrong with that and I shouldn’t be complaining. When we went I knew I wanted a vintage princess cut type of ring. I tried the 2-3 c rings and they just looked stupid fake on my fingers, I wear a 4.25 ring. I ended up w/ a vintage princess cut set like I wanted, love it!![/SIZE]

byebye

sarNie OldFart
aymieluvsyu637 said:
I know what you mean. I actually went to w/ my husband to get my ring. I find that fortunate because if he went by himself he probably wouldve gotten the reg rock. Theres nothing wrong with that and I shouldnt be complaining. When we went I knew I wanted a vintage princess cut type of ring. I tried the 2-3 c rings and they just looked stupid fake on my fingers, I wear a 4.25 ring. I ended up w/ a vintage princess cut set like I wanted, love it!!
I love vintage rings. The thing that makes my ring stand out is the 2 bands that I wear in addition to the ring. I bought the first band then I was like, why not get another one. I never told my husband the exact amount. He did asked, all I said was, you don't want to know lol

I knew I always wanted a princess cut so no matter what it was going to be that. I did went shopping with my husband on our 4th anniversary for a ring, we end up arguing over the price and end up not talking to each for a couple of days hahaha. And I promised myself if I go ring shopping again, he is never going with me.

With small fingers no more than 2C or else it just loom fake no matter how beautiful the ring is.

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
@beachboy777 - so another 100k for the engagement ring? Lol

@cecilia - hehehe, I am with you about less concern when an inexpensive item is lost. I don't have a favorite designer brand for anything, just anything that fit my likes & are not expensive are what I look for.

@040156 - yes, I agree about this list being limitless & weddings cost a lot these days. I think I will have a budget on everything lol. My first time knowing those wedding superstitions. The one I saw in dramas is that the couple is not allowed to see each other before their wedding day.

@byebye & @aymieluvsyu637 - vintage rings, I like them. I also like those Art Deco kinds of rings too, they are unique & classical. Lol...I agree with you ladies about the diamond being big which it could come off as fake. It would be heavy on the finger & a hassle when you have to wear tight shirts, use your ring hand to do things & etc.

Ms.Zoe

So many different designs for Art Deco rings. For engagement ring, I like an aquamarine gem with/without little diamnds.

Unique, futuristic, star galaxy kind of design

Vintage

Jessica Biel's engagement ring, big cushion cut diamond in the center with aquamarine gems on both sides.

Cr to rightful owners

cecilia

Staff member
The vintage one is the prettiest of them all .. but that's a huge rock .. afraid I'll lost it lol

I don't like cleaning after everyone left too .. my three sisters got married and I end up doing most of that with my sibling/parent/cousins. Very tiring .. hope mine won't be as crazy ... 

Ms.Zoe

Yea it is big but it is an aquamarine so less pricy than a diamond lol...

I do hate the cleaning afterward too. I think I will just book a wedding place that offer cleaning service, hopefully without a fee but I doubt it lol.

Months before the wedding, the future bride would want to keep her diet in check but with the wedding plannings, it could stress her out & affect her diet.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I can't have a very expensive ring because I don't take care of anything. One time I misplaced my ring and I was so scared I lost it. Took me a day to find it. I take it off and leave it everywhere then I get annoyed because I am irresponsible.

I like the idea of having nice things but hate the fact I need to take care of it. Big party is fun but the aftermath sucks.

Ms.Zoe

I think I will have same problems as you @byebye. I can be very disorganized & sometimes forgetful. I also could not have any jewelry on me for a long period of time. The jewelry I could wear the longest without taking them off are earrings & I only wear them for special events or when I am in the mood.

I will definitely have a hard time getting used to wearing my engagement/wedding ring. I was thinking of having a tattoo on my ring finger lol but then I don't like having a tattoo.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I now wear a black pearl ring my husband bought for me when we were in Bali instead of my wedding ring. I'm usually not a necklace person but I have been wearing a rose gold (turtle) necklace my husband bought for me when he was in Hawaii. I am starting to fall in love with rose gold.

I wish I take care of things. I have always wanted an escalade...it looks so pretty on the road...so hubby decided to get me one. I messed up the bumper, wash it once a year, drive around with a flat and bend the rim. And in the inside, a little wood piece is broken. Not sure how that happened lol.

My husband says to me, that he should never trust me when I say I'll take care of things cause when he gets it for me I don't. I try but it never last long. Now, I realized that I should not buy something that is too nice so I don't feel bad if it is messed up.

cecilia

Staff member
byebye said:
I now wear a black pearl ring my husband bought for me when we were in Bali instead of my wedding ring. I'm usually not a necklace person but I have been wearing a rose gold (turtle) necklace my husband bought for me when he was in Hawaii. I am starting to fall in love with rose gold.

I wish I take care of things. I have always wanted an escalade...it looks so pretty on the road...so hubby decided to get me one. I messed up the bumper, wash it once a year, drive around with a flat and bend the rim. And in the inside, a little wood piece is broken. Not sure how that happened lol.

My husband says to me, that he should never trust me when I say I'll take care of things cause when he gets it for me I don't. I try but it never last long. Now, I realized that I should not buy something that is too nice so I don't feel bad if it is messed up.
hahaha .. I thought you were going to say you're starting to fall in love with your husband again -- not that you're not to begin with.

I'm not a big jewelry person too ... I used to when I was younger but now I'm just oh, pretty stuff and that's it. However, if my husband give me a necklace or a ring .. I would most certainly wear it to show off my appreciation to him :)

MR. B ... it's good to take note in here to be a good future husband.

Zoe, I don't like tattoo too ... so maybe instead of a shiny ring ... perhaps, wear just a band. I don't mind wearing band either -- it's safety to move your hand around .. avoid being caught on everything and anything lol

byebye

sarNie OldFart
That is why I wonder why women need so many jewelries. How many rings or necklaces do we need lol. But it's never enough though.

I got a second ears piercing. One side of it I can't seem to keep it open. I have that same second ear pierced 3 times lol. My husband was like, how many times do you need to peirce that same ear.

Gosh, the things I do is sometimes so ridiculous. I never make things easy for myself.

cecilia

Staff member
I'm scare of pain so one on each ear is good lol I don't wear jewelry either .. only do it when I go out. Sometimes, I feel they're in the way of doing daily works ... it must be the carefree spirit in me .. to want nothing to do with jewelry when I'm constantly in motion w/work and time lol It's why I make the exception to wear what my husband bought me --- a ring or a necklace. But honestly, I prefer ring over necklace. It poses no hazard to me --- choking hazard, I mean lol

Ms.Zoe

@byebye - I wear pearls sometimes, they are not flashy but very elegant. South Sea pearls are most expensive. I like rose gold, very feminine about them. I think I am pretty good at taking care of things, it is the extra care I need to put in that bother me when those things will lose their values over time lol.

@beachboy777 - lol...not much talk about guys' stuff outside this thread hehehe. It is nice to hear a guy's views on stuff relating to wedding.

@cecilia - yes, a wedding band ring is definitely more comfortable to wear. I think it will not bother me much & I don't have to pay much attention to it because if anything I wear that I keep on looking at it or touching it, I would take it off of me lol.