We Are Still Casting for SAC movie

leek18

sarNie Adult
you're welcome pa houa well sorrie for not posting the topic so oh well you already did. i am very busy right now so i didn't post the topic so hope you find some lead actors soon

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
interesting... i want to try out! :) from watching all these thai, korean and tawainese dramas.. i would love to try out but i can't cause i'll being having school when the movie starts filming.. however, i'll look forward to it and support "SEG"... the summary sounds really interesting.. i can't wait! :)

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
interesting... i want to try out! :) from watching all these thai, korean and tawainese dramas.. i would love to try out but i can't cause i'll being having school when the movie starts filming.. however, i'll look forward to it and support "SEG"... the summary sounds really interesting.. i can't wait! :)

Why don't you try out? We will be shooting on weekends only. The schedule will be from 9am to about 4 or 5pm every Sat & Sun in North SAC. In addition...you will only be needed when we are shooting your scene so maybe you should consider it. It will be fun...

PC Vang
SEG

is Yang Xiong gonna be in there?

Yang Xiong??? Sorry if I forgot, but I saw so many people in the past three weeks I forget who's who. Please clearify.....

PC Vang
SEG

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
thanks SEG.. i'll think about it.. :)

even if i don't, you guys got my support! :)

-and one suggestion, when the movie is film 100% completely.. can u guys please have a nice opening song to introduce the movie & the characters...because most hmong movies doesn't.. I hope SEG will be the first!! :)

Fearless

sarNie Adult
I've always wanted to act.. but it's too bad that I don't live in California. The storyline seems interesting... I'll be waiting to see your movie..I wish you guys good luck!

babeyelmo

sarNie Hatchling
haha nvm
im got u mixed up with someone else
but it still sounds good! yeah totally u guys should have a nice
theme song too
:D

jenjen

sarNie Hatchling
MY BROTHER IS INTERESTED!!! I'LL HAVE HIM EMAIL U SOON...SO YOU ALREADY HAVE THE LEAD ACTORS RITE???

maiv

sarNie Hatchling
interesting...too bad i live all the way in wisconsin...when will the movie be out?

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
MY BROTHER IS INTERESTED!!! I'LL HAVE HIM EMAIL U SOON...SO YOU ALREADY HAVE THE LEAD ACTORS RITE???

No...we saw many people, but we have not confirmed anyone yet. Nothing will be finalized until after January 3rd, 2007. Please spread the word that all the roles are still up for grabs.

SEG

jenjen

sarNie Hatchling
SEG...i got my brother to email you...and i kinda got interested too...so i emailed you too...the storyline sounds great.

sambvang

sarNie Egg
Wow, the plot to this movie sounds interesting and it sounds like you guys have experienced and know what you guys are doing. I would love to try out but too bad I'm married. :D

I do agree w/ you that you don't have to go to Laos/Thailand to shoot a good movie. You just have to have a good storyline w/ the right people for the characters and there are a lot of good people here that can act. I wish you guys the best of luck and success in this movie.

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
OH YES..I THINK I REMEMBER LEEK ASKED ME TO AIR IN THIS MOVIE BUT..IM NOT TOO CONFIDENT IN MY ACTION SKILLS HAHA xD

mrhmoobyaj

sarNie Egg
Personally I do not care what people think about my film since it will be made from my heart. I believe that if we take that attitude then it will enable us to make better films since we're not following any trends. My job as a film maker is to tell stories..and if I can make one person laugh or cry along with my characters then I would have done my job right. I also hate storylines of going back to Laos...We have such talented and gifted young men and women here to choose from , why go back to Laos....its time we all did a 180 and give the US actors a chance. With that being said...I thank all of you for your support and I hope that we won't disappoint!
Hey, PC...mind if I share a few thoughts for you guys to think about?

Sounds like you guys are pretty passionate about this movie that you are going to shoot...and that is good. You need good vision and lots of passion to bring your story to life. However, I would have to say that you need to care...and care alot about what people think of your film because they are the ones who will ultimately keep you afloat...or sink...well, unless you have lots of money to keep yourself going...and going. I think the trade of a good film maker...especially a beginner...is someone who listens to his audience's thoughts, reactions, and opinions and improve himself from there...and are open enough to seek advice from those who have gone before. You'll be surprise at what they can tell you what to do or not to do through their experiences and the mistakes they've made. Making a film is like running a restaurant. At the end of the day...your food just has to taste good and you have to serve what your audience like if you want them to come back. From reading some of the comments on a few of the Hmong movies in here...the audiences can be terribly brutal and nasty at times.

I agree with you that there are talented people here in the states but I wouldn't rule out Laos or Thailand if I were you. As a film maker, you should leave that open and not close the door on yourself. What if some day you have a story that takes place in Laos? Well, unless you've already made up your mind that you "hate storylines that go back to Laos" and you will not shoot any stories that has anything to do with Laos. Perhaps it may be more economical financially and timely to shoot a movie over there. There is a reason for everything. Personally, I think there is nothing wrong with shooting a movie over there in Laos or here in America. It just has to be good, realistic, and a story that fits the situation...a story that young and old will enjoy. I've seen some movies made from Thailand or Laos that are fairly decent and very popular among the Hmong people. Among those are "KHIB CIAJ KHIB TUAG, KUV LEEJ NIAM, PEB LEEJ NEEG OB TXOJKEV...and a few others. It may not be your types of movie but as a producer, you should think about the reason why those movies are popular and why Hmong people dig those types of movies. That way you will know how to maximize the size of your audience. That way, you will have the financial means to keep your passion of film making alive for at least until you are well known and have gain credibilities. From there, you can make any type of film you want.

Anyways...I have no doubt that you guys know what you're doing. I just hope that you stay humble and true to yourselves. I'll tell you this...I enjoy all the variety of Hmong movies made here or from Laos. I keep and open mind on storylines and quality because I know that film making is a new field for us Hmong and we may be behind but better days will come. I'll get your DVDs when they come out and watch it with an open mind as well...even if you guys "disappoint" me...which I know you won't.

Let your ACTIONS do the talking and your audience do the JUDGING. Hopefully, you guys will be the ones to take Hmong movies at least ONE STEP FORWARD instead of BACKWARD. Good luck and have fun shooting it.

cecilia

Staff member

Sounds like you guys are pretty passionate about this movie that you are going to shoot...and that is good. You need good vision and lots of passion to bring your story to life. However, I would have to say that you need to care...and care alot about what people think of your film because they are the ones who will ultimately keep you afloat...or sink...well, unless you have lots of money to keep yourself going...and going. I think the trade of a good film maker...especially a beginner...is someone who listens to his audience's thoughts, reactions, and opinions and improve himself from there...and are open enough to seek advice from those who have gone before. You'll be surprise at what they can tell you what to do or not to do through their experiences and the mistakes they've made. Making a film is like running a restaurant. At the end of the day...your food just has to taste good and you have to serve what your audience like if you want them to come back. From reading some of the comments on a few of the Hmong movies in here...the audiences can be terribly brutal and nasty at times.

I agree with you that there are talented people here in the states but I wouldn't rule out Laos or Thailand if I were you. As a film maker, you should leave that open and not close the door on yourself. What if some day you have a story that takes place in Laos? Well, unless you've already made up your mind that you "hate storylines that go back to Laos" and you will not shoot any stories that has anything to do with Laos. Perhaps it may be more economical financially and timely to shoot a movie over there. There is a reason for everything. Personally, I think there is nothing wrong with shooting a movie over there in Laos or here in America. It just has to be good, realistic, and a story that fits the situation...a story that young and old will enjoy. I've seen some movies made from Thailand or Laos that are fairly decent and very popular among the Hmong people. Among those are "KHIB CIAJ KHIB TUAG, KUV LEEJ NIAM, PEB LEEJ NEEG OB TXOJKEV...and a few others. It may not be your types of movie but as a producer, you should think about the reason why those movies are popular and why Hmong people dig those types of movies. That way you will know how to maximize the size of your audience. That way, you will have the financial means to keep your passion of film making alive for at least until you are well known and have gain credibilities. From there, you can make any type of film you want.

Anyways...I have no doubt that you guys know what you're doing. I just hope that you stay humble and true to yourselves. I'll tell you this...I enjoy all the variety of Hmong movies made here or from Laos. I keep and open mind on storylines and quality because I know that film making is a new field for us Hmong and we may be behind but better days will come. I'll get your DVDs when they come out and watch it with an open mind as well...even if you guys "disappoint" me...which I know you won't.

Let your ACTIONS do the talking and your audience do the JUDGING. Hopefully, you guys will be the ones to take Hmong movies at least ONE STEP FORWARD instead of BACKWARD. Good luck and have fun shooting it.
^you totally speak my mind..that's what i feel about this project..
i wish the makers tons of luck-trying to please the older generation and the younger generation..and to be honest..film from oversea are usually the one that make it big and successful *we're talking about hmong film'' they may have ghetto plot but they capture the audiences' attention and that's al that count .

isn't it the whole idea was to generate more profit than what you have spent that's why film maker are willing to risk whatever they have to make sure their film sell WELL?..unless like MR.HMOOBVAJ said..''ppl are rich enough to have extra money to go to the extra miles even if the money make it or flop it....

tons of luck though..^^

venosat

sarNie Hatchling

Cecilia,

Thank you for the comments. You are correct. We should care about our audiences so I stand corrected. I will always keep all of your suggestions and criticism in mind, but I also feel that selling a film is all about the right marketing strategies. If we will be targeting younger generation folks then we should research and do films geared more towards them and vice versa. I would love to please everyone, but I know that we can't. The reason I said that I really didn't care what people thought about my film was because there are so many negativity out there towards the hmong entertainment industry that no matter how good we are they'll find something to nit pick about. Those are the type of persons that I really don't have time to think about since you just can't please them period. I realize that people will be criticizing and you are correct that they can be nasty at times. With that in mind we will try our best to make a film that will be unique and hopefully gain their confidence. Its hard enough being in this industry let alone a woman director. We are very blessed to be able to get this far and I hope that with the bad will come the good.

Please don't get me wrong, I do like those going back to Laos's movies, its just that its been over-done. We don't hardly see any films with our own actors here in the US. I know that we can do just as well if the storylines are good. I like Moua Lee's films and I really respect the man for doing what he did. But I think we're both targeting different audiences and coming from different generations. I will not rule out Laos as a possibility for filming, but I think that doing things in the US is a lot easier if you have the means and connections. I would just love to see more of our young men and ladies here in the US have a chance to do what they love to do. Its hard enough that Hollywood is biased..we(Hmongs) are in a unique stage of our existance here in the US. We don't fit in with mainstream media yet we don't fit with other Asian media here too. To do well we would have to carve a path for ourselves and go at it with a passion otherwise we'll get lost.

We will always welcome our audiences criticism and remain humble that God has allowed us to get this far in life. I sincerly hope that we will not disappoint everyone. And thank you for the support in advance!

Regards,
PC Vang
SEG/Krystal Klear

dubthiabdawb

sarNie Egg
Hello everyone,

This is PC Vaj the co producer/director for a new series to be shot in Sacramento, Ca this February. I would like to thank leek18 for helping us spread the word. It was great finally meeting you in Sac. We had a great turn out at the auditions. However, we have not found all of our actors yet (even at our last audition on December 9). So if anyone knows someone who would still like to get an audition, please email us.

To answer some of your questions :

This film we will be shooting looks to be like a 5-6 our drama. It will not be a love at first sight series. Its more of a hate at first site thing. This is the first installment to a three part series since not all the guys will end up with the girl. There are just to many complications involving all of the characters for me to go into them. Lets just say that we have a Cinderella thats smart, optomistic and tough as nails. Most of the prince charmings are arrogant, rude and very materialistic. However...lets see what happens when they all fall hard for our Cinderella who happens to despise rich arrogant men. This story is also about the love and sacrafices these young men and ladies make for the sake of family and love, the freindships between these young men and women and how they all come together in times of crisis. Throw in a secondary story line and a legend and we'll see where we end up.

I noticed that a lot of you are asking about who we are and how we're going to be financing this. Director Sao Chang and I will both be financing this ourselves. As far as sets...we have use of the nice fancy houses ...and the fancy cars are easy to get so thats not an issue. If not there's always the Green Screen! We both went to film school, but he has the better edge since he's done numerous work in the field. Making a film is hard...and it takes a lot of $, but I think as a film-maker..we should make films because its our passion.

Personally I do not care what people think about my film since it will be made from my heart. I believe that if we take that attitude then it will enable us to make better films since we're not following any trends. My job as a film maker is to tell stories..and if I can make one person laugh or cry along with my characters then I would have done my job right. I also hate storylines of going back to Laos...We have such talented and gifted young men and women here to choose from , why go back to Laos....its time we all did a 180 and give the US actors a chance. With that being said...I thank all of you for your support and I hope that we won't disappoint!

By the way...girls.... the leads will be good looking! You have seven male leads...theres got to be one type for everyone. We'll post pictures on our site once production starts! LOL

Deepest Regards,
PC Vaj
SEG/Krystal Klear
www.scradentertainmentgroup.com
WoW!!! :wub: i would like to see it when it comes out anyways i wish u guys luck!! :)