wat is a codec ?_? need codec...

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
ok i need help please anyone know im soo clueless i tried looking on google and it have all kinds of stuff of codecs and i dl it but still the video i want to watch wont work oh and i tried to play it with windows player classic and it says i need codec but i can hear them i just cant see the picture ans stuff soo... any one know where i can get the video codec for it oh and i try to play it with bs too but it cant open that file too so anyone know where i can get codec for window player classic ???
i'll appreciate it if anyone can help me please and thanks in advance :D

soutsada7

sarNie Hatchling
^^have you renamed both the video file and the subtitle file (.srt) to be exactly the same name?

there aren't any specific codecs for these media players. Rather, different codecs are used to decode the different video/audio files in order for you to view images and hear sounds form the vid files. When you can't view image or hear sound, try using gspot first to determine which codec you're missing, so you won't run into the same problem again in the future :). K-lite comprises of almost all the popular codecs out there to decode a file, but sometimes you may run into a file that can only be decoded by a codec not included in k-lite and that's when gspot works best, well at least for me anyway :).

darvil

sarNie Adult
to keep things easy for you.

Download BSplayer and install it.

And watch the movie from there. Make sure the movie and the subtitle names are the same and are in the same folder.

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
soutsada7 said:
^^have you renamed both the video file and the subtitle file (.srt) to be exactly the same name?

there aren't any specific codecs for these media players. Rather, different codecs are used to decode the different video/audio files in order for you to view images and hear sounds form the vid files. When you can't view image or hear sound, try using gspot first to determine which codec you're missing, so you won't run into the same problem again in the future :). K-lite comprises of almost all the popular codecs out there to decode a file, but sometimes you may run into a file that can only be decoded by a codec not included in k-lite and that's when gspot works best, well at least for me anyway :).
[post="138957"][/post]​
yeah i tried to rename them the same name and file too but it wont work it wont show up when i play it with media player classic and dats because i think only ehehe i couldnt change the sub file to the same as the vid file cus the vid file is ogm soo... :sweat: any other ideas
oh and wats gspot where can i get that i want to try that if it will work oh and thanks for your help :D

Darvil said:
to keep things easy for you.

Download BSplayer and install it.

And watch the movie from there. Make sure the movie and the subtitle names are the same and are in the same folder.
[post="138997"][/post]​
i do have bs player i tried to play it with bs player too and when i open the sub it says there is a error opening the file soo im confused...

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
ooh never mind i figure something new out :D
i dont know and dont remember exactly wat i did but ahaha it works soo im happy really happy :w000t: thanks for your guy's help and if i get stuck again i'll ask:D
I love you all :wub:

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
Hmmm...do you have VOBSUB installed on your comp?

IF, you dont then download and install it...the subtitle should pop up automatically (IF saved with same filename and in the same folder) on to whatever player.

VOBSUB: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xqlu9k

EDIT: LOL...congrats that you got it to work...it's always a pain in the butt when you cant watch your stuff :lol:

darvil

sarNie Adult
1-lUv3-y0u said:
ooh never mind i figure something new out :D
i dont know and dont remember exactly wat i did but ahaha it works soo im happy really happy :w000t: thanks for your guy's help and if i get stuck again i'll ask:D
I love you all :wub:
[post="139023"][/post]​
Yea you're not suppose to open the subtitle lol

Just open the video and the sub will load automatically. :p