vocational programs/fee waiver

little

sarNie Adult
i don't like school but vocational programs i could probably handle for at least 8 months. I'm thinking about taking some type of program for me to get into office work that doesn't take a lot of work/structure. what about medical billing/data operators or any suggestions? any1 knows if there's any ways to get in the program for free/less. will gov fee waiver covers it. i live in fresno where's a good vocational school and cheap if best free.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I did a similar program; but I did mines online it was pretty good .. except I didn't really get hands on experience.. so I went to a vocational school near my actual uni campus .. and just apply for financial aid they have things that will help you out ^___^ ... and it's pretty good for if you wanna find a clerical job. I did it so I can get a clerical or administrative job while i go to school at the university

darvil

sarNie Adult
whether it is free or not depends on alot of factors such as your family income, your situation (work? live with parents or not? etc etc)

Talk to the school and the people there.

i'm on the east coast. there are some apprenticeship programs where i am, but i'm sure it's nationwide. you get vocational training for free from whatever corporation offering the program for a few months (depending on the level of skill needed) in exchange that you work for them for 1-2 years, but you get pay. i'm not sure if this is something you'd be interested in, but i could probably get a list from school on tues. for you. just let me know. ;)

there's also financial aid as well from schools who offer vocational programs as already mentioned by the previous posters.

little

sarNie Adult

could u give me a list. i'm very interested in it. it would give me an idea of what i want /do next. financial aid acutally helps pay for vocational program even though it's not considered a full class credit i think

Hey little. Bad news for today. I couldn't get my hands on the list, b/c I think someone hadn't returned it yet. I went to check at least 3x :huh:. I'll check again when I'm there & message you asap when I get my hands on it. Very sorry! :spin:

little

sarNie Adult

very much thanks to u no need to say sorry to me it's me that i have to thank u very much to help out and for this one i very appreciated because in a way i'm stuck cause with school i don't know much of in another word i'm undecided so it would be helpful thanks again

sorry for the delay. :eek:

let's see. fresno is in CA, right?

California

- Bureau of Apprenticeship & Training
U.S. Department of Labor
1301 Clay Street
Oakland, CA 510-637-2951

- California Employment Development Department
800 Capitol Mall, MIC 83
Sacramento, CA 95814
916-653-0707
wwwedd.cahwnet.gov/emptran.htm

oh and are you a teen? there's another list if you are. just let me know. that list is really long. a zip code would be good. :) there's probably more, but they limit the time i can see the list & the line at the photocopier is <_< -_- .

little

sarNie Adult
I JUST HOPE THERE'S FINANCIAL AIDE/GRANTS TO COVER MY PROGRAM SO I DON'T HAVE TO HESTITANT ABOUT GOING BACK TO SCHOOL I WOULD GIVE IT A TRY IF I GET SOME AIDES I ONLY WORK PART TIME IT'S NOT MUCH AND IF I DON'T PASS THE TRAINING I WOULD WASTE MY MONEY FOR IT IF I DO GET IT FREE/HALF PAID I WOULDN'T FEEL BAD ABOUT IT AS MUCH I'M THINKING ABOUT OFFICE PROGRAM MAYBE MEDICAL BILLING IN FRESNO MY DRIVING IS SO BAD I HARDLY TAKE THE FREEWAYS IF I GO ON LONG TRIPS I WOULD GO WITH RELATIVES NEVER ON MY OWN THANKS FOR THE INFO

noungning

Heartless
it all depends on your income... along with your parents' income. if you are banking in more than 65k per year amongst the 3 of you, in rhode island... because of cost of living and such... u are looking to slim to none financial support.

i think the way you are seeing it is WRONG! just because you get some help, means you can slack and do bad or what not is not a good idea. if you think that just because you're not paying for it, it doesn't matter if you fail it. i think you need to rethink that, because u should see it as an opportunity for you to advance yourself, not a chance for you to slack if it's not costing you much or is "free".

additionally, if you are getting financial support now, this will affect the status of your siblings that will later attend colleges and such when they try to obtain financial assistance.

again, i guess people views opportunities differently but with education, having a big F on your transcript doesn't look so hot. nevermind an F people will look down on your C.

some of my friends have done apprenticeship programs. what helped them is at least they're not spending any money to figure out if their chosen field is the right one for them. free training plus work. after they work, if they want to stay, they can & if they decide hm... it's not for them afterall, no money wasted & they gain the experience. they rarely thought of failing. i think w/o the financial pressure, that actually helped them to excel but i'm sure for some, w/o the financial pressure, that means slacking off is ok... but time is wasted + they're not in the mindset to gain any experience from it all.