Video Site Prelaunch!

darvil

sarNie Adult
I call it prelaunch because I'm not done with the subtitling portion of the site yet. But its coming soon! Hopefully 2 weeks max ;) At least the basic form of it.
But the site is pretty much ready to go. Integration is done with converge so there is just one universal login. You can change your password on the forum and it'll change on the video site too ;) For now I've allowed everything including general embedding and facebook embeds.

We're going to need videos uploaded though! I don't have any specific rules yet other then the fact that I don't want any movies uploaded. All Asian related stuff are fine so go nuts!

Let me know if I should add anymore categories.

This thread is essentially a feedback thread so let me know what you think!

blissfulxoxo

sarNie Oldmaid
Thank you! Yes^^ Hehe, no more copyright issues (I hope). I will check it out and hopefully upload a few videos by tonight:)

cecilia

Staff member
I'll upload my CF clips -- so many of them lol .. excited!

One drawback is that i accidentally click on UPLOAD THUMBNAIL to load the vdo -- i want to take it off but can't so i have to like go back to media upload and re-enter all the information again to bring me back to another upload window so i won't screw up -- any way to allow us the option to delete this thumbnail thing when we accidentally click on it without having to start the uploading procedure over again?

darvil

sarNie Adult
You know, I think for now we can just remove the thumbnail option from the upload menu.. I don't suppose anyone will actually upload their own. The site will take one thumbnail to use by default.

Cecil, I think I'll make a CM category just for you lol. Later in the day we'll be able to tag videos to more then one category.

edit: I've added it and moved all your CMs to the CMs category ;)

darvil

sarNie Adult
Thank you! Yes^^ Hehe, no more copyright issues (I hope). I will check it out and hopefully upload a few videos by tonight:)
Yea well, we're fresh and new ;)

And you know thats all I really want.. I want people to use the site..

I put alot into this new site.. I think this is way better then the video site 2 years ago.. by light years.

I just hope I can garner enough support from people here to use it like it was 2 years ago. I'm still heart broken over that site loss.

To help people, I can actually provide FTP accounts (to those interested) which will help in uploading. Browser uploading can be a hassle to some people. Plus with FTP you can upload many many files at once.

I'll send a mass PM out later today to see if anyone is interested in doing this way.

cecilia

Staff member
GRACIAS for the CM category ja.
i gave up uploading one by one -- too much time consuming when i already organize my cf in my folder ..
i have over 400 old cf so if you can provide me them ftp .. that would be awesome!

fun

Expired Sarnie
Enforce formatting lakorn/movie titles. We need to stay consistant so that we don't have any duplicates. It's pointless to have 2 plus different users uploading one lakorn.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Cecelia with the thumbnail thing if you accidentally do that again you can hit refresh and all the details will still be there, but the thumbnail thing will not.

I agree with fun we should enforce titles. It would consume space to have users uploading the same files over and over

cecilia

Staff member
^Yes, i totally agree with the lakorn upload -- or anything that goes to not have duplicate upload to save storage space.

Tina, thanks for letting me know :wub:

How do i delete playlist or rename playlist?

darvil

sarNie Adult
GRACIAS for the CM category ja.
i gave up uploading one by one -- too much time consuming when i already organize my cf in my folder ..
i have over 400 cf so if you can provide me them ftp .. that would be awesome!
All right, I'll PM you the ftp. For now you can upload it first. Adding it will have to be done thru the panel which I'll give you access to. I gotta do something first so give me a bit of time.

BTW, I've removed the thumbnails from showing up so no more accidents.

Enforce formatting lakorn/movie titles. We need to stay consistant so that we don't have any duplicates. It's pointless to have 2 plus different users uploading one lakorn.
Totally agree with this fun ;) Same thing when it comes to subtitling.

darvil

sarNie Adult
amythao,

The only cap right is is that the largest size you can upload is 800 megs.

If that video is 2 hours, then 2 hours will be ok ;)

I didn't put any caps on.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
oh wow.. this video site looks so much cooler.. well not that i didnt like the other one or anything lol... GREAT JOB DARVIL!! YOU'VE BEEN SO BUSY!!

sadly i don't know what i'll upload onto it though.. hmmm..

darvil

sarNie Adult
oh wow.. this video site looks so much cooler.. well not that i didnt like the other one or anything lol... GREAT JOB DARVIL!! YOU'VE BEEN SO BUSY!!

sadly i don't know what i'll upload onto it though.. hmmm..
The old has nothing on this new one! lol and there are alot of things to upload ;)

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Yes depending on what the file type is it'll take a little longer to convert. The only files that it will load right away are flv files. I think in the future Darv has plans to make the default mp4, but right now everything converts to flv.