Veterans VA Newbies

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
aiyaja said:
I've seen some of Sammy's earlier lakorns before and found nothing memorable but that was before she became nang'ake again, so I'll definitely check out some of her lakorns. I did skim through the one with Porshe, but wasn't interested. Perhaps due to Porshe. Hehe. Or perhaps it just wasn't my style of lakorn.

I really try not to be bias but in the end, I am. However, I'm usually harsher on the ones I like. I can't turn a blind eye. Haha. For Vill, she's weak when it comes to crying scenes like on the spot. It takes her a while for tears to drop. Haha. Vill shouldn't do comedy. It literally makes me turn the other way. Haha.

As for Mike, he's a decent actor but gosh, both he and Aom were annoying in Full House. Haha. I'm not a fan of Aom either. There's something that bugs me. Perhaps I'll like her later on, one day.

I tend to do that. A role, a character, or a lakorn will change my perception of an actor or actress. I don't normally automatically like someone. Like Vill, disliked her from the beginning until Kohn Teun, I softened up a bit and then it wasn't until 2013 with Sood Sai Paan that I became a fan. Hehe. I didn't adore Kimberley until Raeng Pradthana. So I do watch lakorns because I'm a lakorn fan. I don't always follow the work of my biases. It's just that, Ch. 7 productions have been so bad, if it's a face I'm not acquainted with, I don't even make an attempt to watch it.
As you said everyone has different tastes. But in my view recommend you to watch Sammie in Bundai Dok Ruk, BS and the last one with Porshe. They are three different characters. I am not a Porshe but I liked their chemistry so far I love her with ES the best.

About Vill I think her strongest point is she can display and give off different mannerisme for different characters. When I watch KT, SN, SS, NJ, this is totally different facets I see. I think she knows how to use her bodylanguage and I like the feeling I get from ALTK BTS. I mean in SSP she played twins whose one was a psycopath nympho killer. Wow ! And when I imagine I put those different characters I cited earlier in a same lakorn I get the different roles of each one that would build the lakorn. This is called versatility. Now Vill weakest point is her facial movement and how she tells her lines. She thinks too much of doing good in my view and this is her limit. That's why one can get easily turned off. She needs to let it go and let the character possess her which she has hard time to do. so the problem lies on the technics though she has a real understanding of her characters and her comment on hers in ALTK confirms it.

About Kim her strengh is her technics. On the contrary of Vill she knows how to tell her lines and get people -at least her fans- not being turned off even though in Seur I found her voice too screechy like in RP. I watched her in TH, 3NNT, RP, Seur. The only one I could finish was TH. I think it was her best look and most adorable phase when she was not too conscious of herself yet. She knows how to project some feelings. How to say her lines. this is her strength but at the same her weakness. So far if I have to compare Kim to a korean actor it would be Kim Kang Woo. They know what to do but still too technic ! Kim in RP does not impress me as a raeng one bit. I don't shake with fear. I see her facial expressions may be on spot but I don't fear the girl ! But to compare Bow as Khun Yai when possessed send chill through my spine -don't beleive me watch it.
Vill have difficulty with her facial features but people who have seen her as Nee in SSP or tough girl in KT know what the girl is capable of when she send death glare. Kim has a good chemistry with mature actors like Ananda or Aum because in my view she has a strong sex appeal. She has got a womanly beauty but as an actress in Seur I still saw a lot of " kimmy behaviour" she should have killed as 50's charming girl with personnality but still a girl of her time and culture. she was good at emoting but she did not let go of herself.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
preetam said:
What Bodyguard Sao not the most challenging role? First this lakorn was my fav of 2013 and I keep watching it and never get tired I love everything except the girl playing Sammie best girlfriend. I found her character mega annoying and weakest link ! Bodyguard you have to display professional girl fighter protector and stoic without appearing lifeless tomboy or awkward. Through your stoic a little cold and professional mannerisme one have to perceive your saddness of seeing your parents killed but at the same being able to give off a warm and a girly charm who can convinced us that Id, once he saw he will never turn back no matter what. This is tricky role and I can see a lot of newbies taking the easy way and failing it ! This one definitly wrote Sammie name as my fav newbie. I love her fighting scenes. This girl killed it !! Years of acting different supporting roles payed it ! This girl showed it again as Walapa the year after. A character totally different from BS who can easily played like a 'bimbo' with no personality but Sammie was so undearing as teenage girl walapa who brcame good at fighting one were surprised by her chemistry with Porshe and I was convinced that walapa was a girl of the 70's not a 2015 one - I see a lot of newbies failing this aspect also. If I am right Sammie is not new to period lakorn.
It's not in my opinion. The action scenes are definitely difficult to pull off. Though Sammy did an exquisite job doing them, I wouldn't call it her most challenging role. Acting doesn't center around being able to pull off fighting stunts alone. Her character was reserved and kept to herself most of the time, which means that Sammy did not have to emote much feelings into her character. She was traumatized from her past so she kept to herself most of the time. You couldn't read her character. It's not difficult to play a character that keeps to themselves. However, I can point out a scene where she did excel in her acting. It's the scene where she encountered the man who murdered her family and she was getting ready to kill him but had to contain herself from doing so. Her character always had control over herself, but that moment was the first time ever where we get to see her lose control due to her anger. It was very well-done. I love Sammy for that very scene. I am not saying that her acting wasn't great in that lakorn nor am I am saying that it wasn't a good lakorn. I'm just saying that it wasn't the most challenging role for her. She can be pushed further.

Also, Walapa and Prae are similar roles. Both girls are independent, feisty, and know how to fight to defend themselves. However, Prae has more control over herself while Walapa is hot-headed and prideful. Sammy has been in repetitive tom-boyish roles so far. Her next one with Thanwa and New will be new challenges and I'm sure she will do well in both. 

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
When I say challenging I don't state only fighting scenes. If you read my post I mostly describe her character persona. In my view it is one of those roles which appear simple but can be tricky when for example you don't have the right balance to perform the emotional scene. My fav one is when she thought Id was dead. But I agree she can be pushed further.
About walapa she can be a seductress -far from tomboy- and she has no qalms to use her body sometimes. She is not a prostitute but her "bar entertainer" background as walapa shows sometimes. Prae is more simple, get-the-job-done-and-go type of girl very professional and a little "coldish" but she appeals without her wanting to do it. The way Walapa walks and the way Prae walks are different. Prae is 'in control' Walapa is "festiness in the way". But both are sure strong, lovable characters to me and good helper for the heroes

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
preetam said:
As you said everyone has different tastes. But in my view recommend you to watch Sammie in Bundai Dok Ruk, BS and the last one with Porshe. They are three different characters. I am not a Porshe but I liked their chemistry so far I love her with ES the best.

About Vill I think her strongest point is she can display and give off different mannerisme for different characters. When I watch KT, SN, SS, NJ, this is totally different facets I see. I think she knows how to use her bodylanguage and I like the feeling I get from ALTK BTS. I mean in SSP she played twins whose one was a psycopath nympho killer. Wow ! And when I imagine I put those different characters I cited earlier in a same lakorn I get the different roles of each one that would build the lakorn. This is called versatility. Now Vill weakest point is her facial movement and how she tells her lines. She thinks too much of doing good in my view and this is her limit. That's why one can get easily turned off. She needs to let it go and let the character possess her which she has hard time to do. so the problem lies on the technics though she has a real understanding of her characters and her comment on hers in ALTK confirms it.

About Kim her strengh is her technics. On the contrary of Vill she knows how to tell her lines and get people -at least her fans- not being turned off even though in Seur I found her voice too screechy like in RP. I watched her in TH, 3NNT, RP, Seur. The only one I could finish was TH. I think it was her best look and most adorable phase when she was not too conscious of herself yet. She knows how to project some feelings. How to say her lines. this is her strength but at the same her weakness. So far if I have to compare Kim to a korean actor it would be Kim Kang Woo. They know what to do but still too technic ! Kim in RP does not impress me as a raeng one bit. I don't shake with fear. I see her facial expressions may be on spot but I don't fear the girl ! But to compare Bow as Khun Yai when possessed send chill through my spine -don't beleive me watch it.
Vill have difficulty with her facial features but people who have seen her as Nee in SSP or tough girl in KT know what the girl is capable of when she send death glare. Kim has a good chemistry with mature actors like Ananda or Aum because in my view she has a strong sex appeal. She has got a womanly beauty but as an actress in Seur I still saw a lot of " kimmy behaviour" she should have killed as 50's charming girl with personnality but still a girl of her time and culture. she was good at emoting but she did not let go of herself.
I'll check Sammie out this weekend if I have free time. I'll do the Bodyguard one, since the one with Porshe just wasn't my cup of tea.

I think so, too, and it was most evident in Ngao Jai when Vill had the most awkward and "trying too hard" facial expressions ever. Her voice and line delivery was pretty bad too. Haha. Vill's acting fluctuates. In SN and SSP, I felt as if Vill did pretty well controlling her facial gestures, she acted mostly through her eyes, but Ngao Jai, Ngao Jai, was such a huge disappointment. Vill got right into Gan and Nee's characters within minutes. However, Vill's eyes were blank 90% of the time in Ngao Jai. Vill lost the chemistry she had towards Toomtam in SSP. But then, the storyline was just horrible. I don't think she was able to relate. If we, the audience, couldn't even see when the leads fell for each other or how their love line developed, I'm sure the actors/actresses acting out the scenes are just as lost and can't fully convince us. Haha. It felt like Vill was distracted the entire lakorn. Plus, I think it was Aom who wanted that dramatic touch. Because look at Vill in ALTK BTS, she's right back to being able to control her facial expressions to tone, and then for the The Lovely Revenge, it's a comedy, so just like Namtha Kammathep, all of them will act out in exaggeration. Haha, which is a skip for me. Just like Kwan, I've always felt like Kwan's acting fluctuates too depending on the production. Kwan is good in Dida productions. Like she really becomes that character. Kwan needs Dida's acting coach with her all the time. Lol

That's what I'm saying, too. Kim is really good at acting, the technicalities, but not great, just yet, overall. Until I feel that Kim is not Kim or that Kim is not Prao as Wanvisa, she hasn't leveled up yet. I adore Kim, so I hope to see her improve more and more. Plus, Kim or Ch. 3 productions overall have so many opportunities to try out different characters, so it will only add to their profiles and experience vs Ch. 7, horrible lakorns that don't do any of them justice. That's probably why as much as I adore Ch. 7 actresses like Mai, Pancake, Nao, Kwan, Min, to Bow, I just can't fin them because the lakorns stink and their pra'akes aren't my cup of tea. Hehe.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
This funny I agree that Ch3 productions are better than ch7 in general but in the two or three latest years most lakorns I could finish were produced by ch7 like LRSKF, BS, Yai Kanlaya, Sammie/Porshe Lakorn or Exact like SSP or LN for example. Lately I cannot finish one ch3 lakorn when I know that they are better productions than ch7... weird

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Ch. 7 still has tons of potential to produce great lakorns. Nang Chada and Waen Sawaad have moments where I'm like yeah! If only, they would build on that and not waste so much time on side characters or freaking nonsense. Plus, their editing is bad too. I just don't understand how they can waste away so much money just to produce a crappy lakorn.

I adore MikeBow but sadly, I dropped their lakorn half way when the storyline kept going in circles.

I like Ch. 3 and Ch. One productions the most right now but yes, even then, I only end up really watching a few thoroughly. I guess, my point is, I'm growing out of the classic Thai lakorn style. I crave for something different. I honestly believed Abruk was going to be different for once but in the end, even it couldn't escape the typical Thai lakorn ending and nonsense. *SIGH*

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
about Nang Chada I paused it at episode 2 because I want to marathon it. But I guess the supporting characters are as important because of their role in the N'ek troubles and death. I will see

About Yai Kanlaya I liked it mostly because of the main girl acting and her chemistry with the other female characters namely her best friend. surprisingly I was not too much into the pair. YK is the type of lakorn which does not rely on the pranang activities and love to be relevant Unlike lakorns like Ngao Jai -which Apiak ruined. Mike and Bow lovestory was just a bonus to me

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
I agree, it's important to show how those murderers live their lives and how they die when Rin comes back for them but the way of how the lakorn is playing out isn't the most interesting way of doing so. It's a waste of time when the revenge doesn't really go anywhere. She's always on the verge of doing something but gets interfered. Lol

Ngao Jai wasn't that great of a lakorn to remake in the first place but like SSP, I thought the writers would totally change up and spice up the love lines and overall story but they sort of fell short and then especially with Ah'Piak's directing and the horrible lazy editing throughout the lakorn until the very end, just totally ruined it. Haha. I can't believe they cut out the majority of sweet scenes from the script. I've read the actual screenplay and have to say, if they only kept 75% of what they cut out in terms of the leads, Ngao Jai wouldn't have sucked this badly.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Yes I understand you. but I still think ToomVill chemistry and the beautiful scenery saved it. They rushed the ending so much I did not bother to finish it.
So far during the first quarter of the year lakorns quality has not been so great. Most of most expected projects fell a little short MSRF being the most horrid of the lot so far

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I think Vill improves on one lakorn and has a setback on another. Most of the new generation doesn't seem to maintain their acting chop consistently. And honestly, I don't think they are under that much pressure to do so. I haven't finished a whole lakorn for the longest time. I freaking adore Matt and even then I FF a lot because lakorns now are so repetitive. You can almost watch the first 2 episodes and skipped to the last 3 episodes and don't even feel like you missed a thing.

I like to compare actresses/actors when they take on a comedy/drama and something in between to see the differences. If they are just stuck in one role I would not even bother.  I don't know if all the remakes overwhelmed me and I just don't care a whole lot about that or I am just starting to dwindle down from the lakorn world as a whole.

I prefer channel 3 more, somehow I feel like they don't drag as much. Channel 7 usually starts good then somehow they go downhill faster than a roller coaster. And besides, I rarely connect to that many channel 7 Pra'eks. I think, as long as there are a lot of this "koojin or kookwan" thing still exist, the acting part will always take a backseat to that.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
I think all of the lakorns for the first quarter with the exception of Leh Raree fell short tremendously.

I'm like you guys here. I can only fully watch a few lakorns per year because the quality of Thai lakorns regardless of the channel aren't up to par. Even One HD, some of their lakorns are ridiculous. Ch. 3, too.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
byebye said:
I think Vill improves on one lakorn and has a setback on another. Most of the new generation doesn't seem to maintain their acting chop consistently. And honestly, I don't think they are under that much pressure to do so. I haven't finished a whole lakorn for the longest time. I freaking adore Matt and even then I FF a lot because lakorns now are so repetitive. You can almost watch the first 2 episodes and skipped to the last 3 episodes and don't even feel like you missed a thing.

I like to compare actresses/actors when they take on a comedy/drama and something in between to see the differences. If they are just stuck in one role I would not even bother.  I don't know if all the remakes overwhelmed me and I just don't care a whole lot about that or I am just starting to dwindle down from the lakorn world as a whole.

I prefer channel 3 more, somehow I feel like they don't drag as much. Channel 7 usually starts good then somehow they go downhill faster than a roller coaster. And besides, I rarely connect to that many channel 7 Pra'eks. I think, as long as there are a lot of this "koojin or kookwan" thing still exist, the acting part will always take a backseat to that.
Agree here also koojin is not bad but when it's becoming the basic for an actor/actress talent that is ridiculous to me. I have good feeling about Vill actin in ALTK. The character is challenging and needs a lot of depth displayed. Hopefully Vill let herself "possessed" by it. In comedy she tries hard so far but she is a hard worker and I trust she will improve :)

Tik_lover

sarNie Hatchling
I feel that the newer generation of actors andr actess aren't being challenged too much. Most of them andI mean Mostly all of them, accepts the same role over and over again. Which gets very boring because you have nothing interesting in them anymore. For example, Nadech..either he is farmer boy or a buisness man, islander, he is a great actor but not to offense anyone,but he did a poor job of portraying twin in Lom Sorn Ruk, like it feels as if the twins were the same person. Mark Prin is always accepting Action roles as a police. There hasn't been a newer actor that has empress me at all. Which makes me feel that after the veterans are not acting anymore, the ET will only be filled with actors that has the look but lack Talents. Beside, most of the newbie a actrs DONT like to take roles that are like Rai such as a character like Kaowee in Sawan or KongPope in RLSR. There are so many remakes too which makes me annoy because about 80% of them were or is failures. Out of the new actress and actor the actress that impress me the most and sticks out the most is Matt Peeranee and Mew Nittha.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I will have to defend Nadech for his portrayal of Pran and Non in Lom Son Ruk. I think people are so used to the typical twin lakorn where they are total opposite. One being smarter than the other, one being more coldhearted and another being weak, or one being evil and the other nice. Pran and Non has their differences but they are both smart and strong in their own way. Also another thing to add is that the script didn't allow Pran to freely be an individual on screen. The story was basically not interested in Pran as the plot was focused on Non and him acting as Pran and Non and his romance with Pat. Sure Nadech still has room for improvement, that I am not going to argue. But he is definitely not one of the weaker actor in his time.

P

PrincessKarina

I will have to defend Nadech for his portrayal of Pran and Non in Lom Son Ruk. I think people are so used to the typical twin lakorn where they are total opposite. One being smarter than the other, one being more coldhearted and another being weak, or one being evil and the other nice. Pran and Non has their differences but they are both smart and strong in their own way. Also another thing to add is that the script didn't allow Pran to freely be an individual on screen. The story was basically not interested in Pran as the plot was focused on Non and him acting as Pran and Non and his romance with Pat. Sure Nadech still has room for improvement, that I am not going to argue. But he is definitely not one of the weaker actor in his time.
Hi! I also would like to add something here. I am a fan of Lom Sorn Rak and Nadech is one of my favorite Thai actors. But, yes I agree to what you are saying in here. And I still think Nadech needs to spread his wings a bit too. He hasn't lip kiss any of his other co-stars besides Yaya. The elders needs to let loose and give Nadech roles to take on with other talented actresses! And have him actually kiss them too! I was disappointed that we didn't see Nadech as Pran or Pranon realistically kissing Pat or Unna in Lom Sorn Rak. He as Nai Singh didn't kiss Mew as Noona in Tarm Ruk Keun Jai either. And this is one reason why I don't really mind Kim because she lip kissed Aum, Smart, Mark, James Ma and Ananda already! Unlike Yaya either!