USB Massage Storage

rukmos

sarNie Adult
My computer's hard disk is full and so i bought a USB Massive storage for more space.
The problem is that when I save files or download stuff onto the computer, it won't save to the USB storage, but kept giving me a message saying that I don't have enough space in my hard drive.

I have formatted the USB so that it's the first partition to save files/download, but I still can't save files or downloads to it.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or what's the next step to make it work so that I can save files/downloads on the new USB storage?

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME FIX THIS PROBLEM FOR I CAN'T DOWLOAD OR UPLOAD ANYTHING RIGHT NOW!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!N

rukmos

sarNie Adult
the hard drive is 73 GB and the USB is 111GB....the USB is open to take new files/dowloads in, but when I download it just won't go to the USB

XCappy

Mr. Char
When you download things, there should be a pop-up to ask you where you want to save it. So, you browse your comp. then choose the USB drive.

My first thought : Maybe you use Firefox ? And you know, their default configuration is when you download something, it saves automatically in the desktop (so your primary drive that may be full).

Anyways, it's a weird affair, do you have more details ? ;)

darvil

sarNie Adult
plug in your usb drive. Move the big files to your new drive and delete it from your old harddrive. Then open recycle bin and clear it up.

noungning

Heartless
well the thing is... if u're downloading something from the interent, it'd temporarily save into your internet temp files until the file is completely downloaded and it will then pull the file to wherever u download the file... so ur comp is too full to even hold the temp files and can't download anything even the temp files.

like darvil said, u will have to clear out some space on ur comp before u can even try to download to the usb, because even if u choose to put the new stuff u download to download into ur usb, it needs to put the temp file prior to finishing somewhere... and it will go into the content folder [hiden] in ur temp internet files folder... hope that helps a little.

sirena

sarNie Adult
i have a question

um ok

i use mozilla for internet

and i download lakorn

wen ever i download sumthing, a box pop up ask me if i wanna open with or save to disk

wat does save to disk mean??

ive never save anything to disk,

also wen ever the lakorn is fully download it plays right, it save in that temporly download box

but wen i try to watch it again the next day

it wont play it said sumthing like it been remove w.e

i dnt get it can sum 1 help me please?or explain

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Sirena,

Instead of clicking on the link, right click and choose save link or target as option. If, however, some links don't give you that option choose open with whatever player you want to open it with and after the download is finished, right click the file in the completed firefox download box, choose open containing folder, and move the file onto your documents, or desktop, etc. so that it will not be stored in your temporary internet files.

Here's a pic to show you what I mean

Save link as option

Open containing folder option

darvil

sarNie Adult
Downloading to the Disk means you're downloading to your harddrive and keeping the file there.

If you just open it then your files will not be saved and you just view it once.

If you want to keep the videos then download it to your drive but make sure you won't run out of harddrive space.

sirena

sarNie Adult
oh i see thnxs every 1 :D i understand it now

so say if i download it to my hard drive, and it full, how do i deleted wen it full?

noungning

Heartless
just right click delete, and then delete it out of ur recycling bin.

however, u shouldn't be saving stuff on ur computer until ur computer hardrive blows up everytime you try to dl something lol... always try to stick with at least 1 gig free space... lol um which it's hard for me to do because i just don't keep track either... so i end up with 300 mb left :( but then i clean it up real quick haha.