Tipping...

fun

Expired Sarnie
There is a miscommunication between you guys and the servers. You should tell them why you did or did not provide a tip so that they are aware of the symbolism.

:^)
Sometimes there is no need to explain to them why they shouldn't be tipped. They know they are at fault because in business its all about your customers first.

lazzy

sarNie Egg
I have been to some Thai/Vetnam restraunts and they actually charged customers for tip (usually $5-10) with the bill. I didn't argue with the cashier becuase it is pointless, but the question is do they actually have the right to charge customors for tip? I thought tips are optional, and these restaurant make it look as if tip is required. Wier restaurants, but I think some restaurant owners (espically Asian) need to learn more about the proper way of charging customers.

noungning

Heartless
ahaha that's what they do in thailand, at tip to the bill... um yeah it really sucks, it's like i have to pay for service when it is part of their job description as a service person!

i usually always tip, since i've never encountered really bad service, but in your case, it sounds like it was terrible... if it's like that, just refuse and leave! what could he do? it's not like you didn't pay your bill...tips are optional... but just don't go there again too soon...lol...they might do something to your food...

Kenshin

sarNie Egg
I dunno if my post will have much to do with this topic, but here goes.

Anyway, my friend used to own a restaurant and me and my other friend used to occasionally help him out because he was the only waiter, cashier, and busboy while his parents were the cooks. Small restaurant, but ridiculously popular. Anyway, he made us provide the best service we could (clean right away, bring things out, immediately ask the customer for a refill if we heard ice in their cup clink around) and it was usually mixed. Some days we got more than $50 in tip, sometimes we'd barely break 10. Maybe it was the fact that it was a bunch of teenagers handling their food and orders that people couldn't take. Maybe they were just cheap. Who knows.

So in conclusion, that whole story just brings up the Captain Obvious statement: some people are just cheap and don't like giving the hard-working man a tip.

ugh. TGI Friday's charge for tip on their bill. well, the one I go to does. They are definitely not an Asian restaurant. :lol:

Ana

sarNie Adult
Ah man. Me and my sisters have experience this be4..LMAO...and the shit is we are like regulars there. Whenever, I go to Chinatown, we always go to the SAME damn Vietnamese restaurant. They see us all the time and we ALWAYZ tip. Anywayz, Oneday, we went late and it was packed. Me and my sisters was still eating but it looks like they wanna like kick us out. Cause they kept on coming and asking if we're done yet. So yea we check bill. The minute we stood up the waiters starting collecting the dishes and wiping the tables. Mind them we haven't left the table yet :rolleyes: . We we went to pay @ the front like alwayz. Apparently, we forgot to tip that day. All because they were rushing us. Anywayz, we went to pay, this bitch whom claim that she's the manager :rolleyes: . Question us y we didn't tip?! Demand us 2 tip!!! Unbelievable!!! Like is this bitch for real?! My sister was heated and she and that lady was just bitchinmg at eachother. She claim her waiters and waitress are all working hard and blah blah. So my sis was like well u know wat if ya didn't rush us u might of gotten tip. The shit is they rush us out from the table and we honestly did forget. And then that lady was like next time u cook at home :lol: . My sister was MAD. She was like yelling telling the customers out loud to not 4get to TIP or u can't EAT here.

Unbelievable :rolleyes: . From then on we never step foot in there again.

When I go to Red Lobster TGI Friday etc..tip are alwayz included in the bills. I like the American wayz..LOL..some asians are soooooooo -_-

Well I didn't know others experience this too..LMAO...

noungning

Heartless
ahah that's so strange. tip isn't included here... i live in the east coast.

well unless there's a party of 8 or more.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
omg.. no he didn't!? <_< if that was me I would've taken out a piece of paper & wrote out a tip for him! I would've wrote... "next time... give better service & maybe you'll get some change biatch..." lol. okay i wouldn't add the biatchh... but i would say the rest... muahah... rude people these days...

LMAO ^ crackes me up so bad!!

wow...lots of bad experiences.. i will be back to post mine since i have alot to say bout this topic too...im gonna go to lunch now..and no im not going out to eat ..im having home cook meal! ^_^

hmmm wow to add to the complaints...

first of all i havent not really gotten down to arguing with the waiter/waitresses bout the tips, but this one time it was close enough.

this was bout 5 or so yrs ago. me, my sisters and a bunch of friends went to go get at Ihop..man there about 18 or so of us *yes its right that a party of 8+ requires a 15% tip at the time, in my area anyways.

so anyways the waitress was pretty darn good...not to mention the poor girl had to split the bill 18 ways or close to that. anyways after we finish eating ..we all paid our ways and i drop the portion of my tip on the table my bill was only about $15 and ddi tipped her $7, dont know if the other folks did their part but anyways as we were all walking out, our so called waitress started to cry and so her manager came out....alot of stuff went on during this time...and all i can hear was the manager talking bout the tip money..im like wth..am i supposed to tip for everyone?? i felt sorry for her so i gave her a few more dollars...man...i havent gone back there with a large crowd again i can tell you that.

or just put it on one person's CC and avoid all the drama!

oh yea, it pays off to be nice to the waiter or waitress regardless of their poor services..
like example if you were to find anything that wasnt in the menu description ie..hair, plastic, foil etc. as we all know stuff happens..

*making a scene bout it you might get extra "flavor" that you cant see... i wont list them to gross anyone out.. lmao

LOL Ana...im sorry it was just funny how you told the story. hmm...i dont know how far i will go if anyone was to ask me to tip more....

have anyone heard of or tried pulling one of those.. glass filled water upside down with a quarter in the center??? i know thats mean but i just had to bring it up! :p hmmm...if service is really really bad.. ok i will stop! :lol:

max

sarNie Elites
I agree that there are some people who are just straight up messed up for not tipping. I always tip, unless it is obvious that the service from the server was terrible. Even if they only did an average job, I still tip them.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
I've never been to a place where they automatically added a tip unless it's a big party, some 6 or more some 8 or whatever. Unless you mean when they bring you a bill and you pay w/a credit card and there's a line that says tip but it's still "optional."

I always tip too unless the server is straight up rude and nasty, then I leave like a quarter so they know I'm not cheap but they suck. I've only done that like once. I even tip at Starbucks. What I hate is when I eat out in groups and some are cheap and don't leave a big enough tip so then I feel like I have to compensate cause I feel for the waiters. My friend used to work at Pappadeaux and her base wage was like 3 bucks an hour but if she works weekends it would avg. out to around 15 bucks an hour. I had a guy friend that delivered for Dominoes in college and the people there would make a note at which address they don't tip good and err when they order again they would do some shady stuff so that's why I always tip well for the deliver people too.

koblo

sarNie Hatchling
Okay, I just cannot help, but share this with everyone. LOL ^^ Today, my friends and I went to go eat at a Thai restaurant close to campus. Anyways, we have known that this place has terrible customer service, but we like the food. Well, today, we went to this Thai restaurant, and the food tasted horrible. We all ordered "Thai Fried Rice," but the rice was really hard, as if it was like a day or two old rice. Anyways, their customer service always sucks, like usual. So, when we went to go pay, the cashier who is a young jerk who has a lot of plastic surgery, forced us to give tips. My friend put "$0" for tips because customer service was poor and the food was terrible. The guy was like, "Would you like me to write it for you, then?" My other friends paid with cash, and then he pointed to the tip basket and said, "Put your tips in here." I was like, I cannot believe this jerk. This place sucks like no other!

Anyways, I have never ever been to a restaurant that forces its customers to pay tips. Of course I pay tips, but it has to be reasonable service. Plus, when someone forces me to pay tips, that is when I do not want to. Anyways, I just thought it was so stupid. So like my boyfriend said to me, just do not go eat there anymore. (He also said, "Would you like me to beat him up for you?" No, I would not like that. LOL ^^) So, RIGHT! I am NOT going to eat there ever again, and I will pass it on that that place SUCKS at its customer service period! Am I being too immature? I do not think so. I am just saying what is true!
Oh wows. Thanks for sharing. Usually when I go out to eat and the customer service is not satisfying then I do not care to tip. I have been in a situation where the employees ask me to tip but I do care cause no one can force me to tip them if it is not satisfying. I do care if they glare or stare at me. Just be yourself.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Yeah we have a Chinese Restaurant here in Portland Oregon, where they always ask for tip. They have poor customer service but then their food is really good. So usually when we go we tip them 5 bucks cash on the table. Once one of the workers walked by and saw the 5 bucks tip. She walked up and said more more you put more tip. Everyone looked at each other and was like what the fuck. So i think one of my friends put down 2 more bucks.

Then another time we ate there again. When we were going up to pay the cashier dude was like you put tip...(pointing to the receipt) then we told him that tip was on the table and walked off.

Gosh i hate places like that. it's so annoying! we always say we won't go back there again, but then again the food is really good.