There Should Be A Thai Boys Over Flowers

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Haha. No. I personally think BBF is kind of overrated. :ghehe: I'd rather not drag Thai cinema into this. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
No they have ruined every kdrama they had remake (I know BOF was a manga/anime and not an original kdrama). Full House was an exception since it did fairly well but honestly I wouldn't even call it a remake.

If they were to ever remake, I don't think GTH or a cable channel should remake it.

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
Personally, I don't think I would be disappointed with a Thai remake. AIMY was boring but FH turned out better than I expected. I can see True Visions doing just fine with a BOF remake and honestly, I think it'd even become really popular. :yes: For the pra'nangs, I'd want Mario and Mo. Mo has a cute and pretty look to her that can both be done up and done down. I can totally envision her as a poor yet tough girl who gets bullied and stands up for herself. As for Mario, he can definitely pull off the spoiled rich boy character.

Mario and Mo were super cute in the movie Friends Never Die (the picture I posted above was the cover for that), and I think a remake of BOF would be the perfect opportunity for them to reunite in. I know Mario already has Taew as his koo jin but I find Mario and Mo cuter and I think they have a lot of potential as an onscreen couple. They could be "MTEAM". :coverlaf: Anyways, it's hard for them to work together since they're both from different channels and Mo hasn't been doing any films since she's entered the industry either. That's why I feel their best chance of pairing up would be in a lakorn by True Visions since True Visions uses actors from any channel.

I saw that Mo recently posted a picture of her and Ananda and another actor from Exact on her IG so if True Visions were to ever remake BOF, I think there's a good chance Ananda would cast Mo as the main character since they know of each other now. I mean, who doesn't know Ananda? I'm just talking about Mo. She's not the most well known actress but for the amount and quality of work she's been given, I'd say she's done pretty dang well for herself. For Mario, there's a possibility he would be casted in it too since he's popular both in films and lakorns.

Maybe I should contact Ananda and True Visions on IG. Lol. :coverlaf:

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Oh... Please no.  I'm sick of it getting remade.  Loved the manga, loved the Taiwanese and Japanese drama version... but everything else no.  Don't even mention the American one...   I did not watch that one but oh man just what I saw from the trailers was disappointing enough... blehhh.  It really is too overrated.  I personally dislike it now.

Ahahaha, just for laughs.. here's the Thai F4 :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qGqdcHfjaA
cr:chinnachon

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
I'd still like a Thai version. :coverlaf: It's overrated, but I like the overall storyline. So I'd like to see my favorite Thai daras in a remake of it. I actually think the Thai version would become my favorite adaptation alongside the Japanese one. ^_^ As for the American version, I give them props for working on a low budget. And because it was made on a low budget and with an unprofessional/unestablished production team, I'm not going to consider it as a failed version of BOF. Had they worked with a higher budget and a professional production team like all the other versions did, the outcome of the American version probably would've been better.

That song is actually nice besides the fact that it's clearly a parody. LOL.

cecilia

Staff member
Julie, I laugh at that clip every time .. I don't want a remake so let's just leave it at that with the original Taiwanese version :) I should revisit that serie soon ...

nguco19892012

sarNie Egg
Oh, i dont think there's a topic like this in AF.
You didnt know i suggested on offical facebook of Ch3, GTH and M39, please them making Thai Hana Yori Dango- original name of Boy Over Flower.
M39 answered me, they said the would see it in the next meeting, but i've never heard something again.
In China, fan even made a clip, in which Nadech was Tsukasa, leader of F4. F3 is Mario, Ken, Mark. Girls were Yaya nad Taew.
Hope i can see it becoming true. :cry:

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
nguco19892012 said:
Oh, i dont think there's a topic like this in AF.
You didnt know i suggested on offical facebook of Ch3, GTH and M39, please them making Thai Hana Yori Dango- original name of Boy Over Flower.
M39 answered me, they said the would see it in the next meeting, but i've never heard something again.
In China, fan even made a clip, in which Nadech was Tsukasa, leader of F4. F3 is Mario, Ken, Mark. Girls were Yaya nad Taew.
Hope i can see it becoming true. :cry:
If there ever is a Thai remake, I don't want Yaya, Taew, or any other big names in it. The pra'ek can be someone well known simply because it will draw in views, but I want the actress to be someone who's not that popular yet. I don't see Yaya or Taew as fitting for the role either. The actress has to be somewhat plain Jane and simple. Yaya and Taew are pretty girls who'd be too girly for the role of Tsukushi. They could be the character the second male lead likes though (the model). As for Tsukushi, I'd prefer Aom (the actress in Full House) or Mo. Aom and Mo are both pretty girls too, but they can be done down to look less girly and it would be believable. If anyone from the Lom Gang were to play Tsukushi, my best picks would be Mint or Margie.

By the way, can you give me the link to those three Facebook pages?