The Best Man [Mini FF] (COMPLETE)

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
Whoa, coming to an end already? I was hoping it'll be longer ^_^
So can't wait for the ending tho :)

leemyis

Glamorous Diamond
So the voice he heard that day was really Aff's voice. I like how you connect it all together. Damn, it's ending already, TONIGHT! Wow, I remember reading it only a few weeks ago.
Gotta hook us up for these short fics girl! :D
Can't wait for tonight.

kab hnub

sarNie Hatchling
i thought i missed a lot, but its ending tonight. that is so fast. still it's only one day and their gonna get back together again lol, hopefully so.

jeeja

Miss SMILES :D
Chapter 5:

She wiped her tears as she stood up and grabbed her purse and dashed off.

“I want to talk with you.” He blocks her.

“Do I know you?” She glared at him weirdly and faced the other way.

“Aff, I’m sorry about this morning. I didn’t mean to say all that.”

“What are you talking about? Have we met somewhere before?”

Aum grabbed her arms and faced her towards him.

“Listen to me. I want to know, did you come for me that day?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Did you come?”

She ignored him. He shook her trying to make her reply. He griped her aggressively as a cop saw them.

“Let go of me. I’ve never known you before.”

“Explain to me.”

The cop pulled Aum away from Aff as he asked, “Miss, do you know him?” Aum looks at her.

“No I don’t.”

“Sorry Sir, but you’ll have to go with me.”

“Aff…”

She ignored him as she wiped her tears.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Aum sat there looking at the bars in front of him.

“Aff, I still have given up yet.”

The chief walked over and unlock the chain.

“You’re released.”

“Released?”

“Yes, the lady said you didn’t do anything to her. You’re free to go.”

Aum walked out of the prison room and exited the police station. He wonders around to see if Aff was still there. Then he noticed she was about to enter a cab. He ran as fast as he could and pulled her out.

“Aff I want to talk with you.”

“We have nothing left to speak about. We are no strangers.”

“Please, I only ask for ten minutes.”

“I’m sorry I left without telling you and acted as nothing had happen. But the truth…”

“Enough Aum…I heard enough.”

He stared into her watery crystal eyes.

“Seeing you today has made up for what was missing from me in the last ten years. All I needed was to see you once more and apologize. I am also sorry too.”

“Aff…”

“It should be me who should apologize. I was the one who didn’t make it clear at first and no I’m alone as always again.”

“Aff…you’re never alone.”

She looks up at him.

“You’re ten minutes are over. It’s late now I have to go.”

She turned around and started to walk away.

“I won’t stop you then. But let me ask you again. Did you really come that day?”

“If only you believe then everything is true.”

She walked off as he stood there staring at her until she enter a cab and disappeared from his sight.

“Aff, I believe you did come that day. But do you believe there is another chance for us?”

He looked again at the streets then headed back to his hotel.

“Miss, where are you going?”

Aff didn’t reply to the cab driver. In her mind she kept thinking about what she told him, “If only you believe then everything is true.”

“If only you believe…” she whispered.

“Where did you say you wanted to go?”

“Please make a u-turn I need to go back.”

The cab driver made a u-turn.

Aff paid the cab driver and ran out back to find him.

“Aum…where are you now?”

She looked around and searched the park. She doesn’t even know where else to look.

“Bangkok is such a big city, how will I be able to find you?”

She twists and turned around making herself dizzy until she settle down and remembered about the police station.

Aum walked into his hotel room and lay down on the bed. He thought about her and every breath he took whispered her name. He thought he was insane, but that longing and loneliness grew stronger and stronger within him. The four chambers of his heart weren’t function. Every blood cell in his body was also shouting out her name. Her smile, her facial expression and her tears she shed that day was roaming deeply in his heart. He rose up and tried to clear his thoughts about her until finally he came to his conclusion.

“Believe is all it takes.”

He got up from his bed and walked out to the door. He quickly opened it as he saw Aff standing out side about to knock on it. Their eyes gazed at each others again and began to water.

“Do you believe I came that day?”

“Only if you’re willing to believe that this is our chance at love again?”

She smiled in tears as he did too. He hugged her and kissed her forehead. Then moved down to her lips where they were kissing each other passionately. They walked in his room and locked the door and continued on until she decided to break lose from him. But he wasn’t willing to let her go again.

“Are you scared?” he asked seeing that her eyes watered with tears.

“No, with you in my arms, there is nothing in the world that I am afraid off. Even if it means that the early sunrise tomorrow will take us apart again.”

He looked into her eyes as this time she bends over and kissed him.

“I love you Aum…”

“I love you too…Aff…”

He flicked off the lights and they kissed that night away.

The morning sun burned through the curtains as Aum awakens by the sounds of his beeping watch. He turns over to hug Aff as there was no one in the room but him. He rose up and saw a piece of paper laid down beside his watch.

“If you believe last night wasn’t a dream, then today and tomorrow on we’ll always be a heart of one. Believe even if it means that we’ll have to wait for each other.”

He smiled as he kissed the note.

(Two Months Later…)

“The door swung open as the bridesmaid shouted, “Here comes the bride!” Everyone turned and looked at me as I walked slightly down the walkway. I looked carefully at him who stood tall and handsomely at the altar. That image of him was capture and sent to my mind, to a place where it will always remain. I walked gently smiling back at him, though I wanted to turn back the time, but it kept moving forward. The bridesmaid help held me up to the stage as I caught a good glimpsed at him as he stood there. It was an image I took with my heart so it can never fade away. I walked towards him as I kept my smiled on and he smiled back, but then…this time he grabbed my hand. I was his beautiful bride and he was…of course the best man in my life. That was a memory that I will never forget until the day that the specks of earth covers both our eyes.”

-The End-

Note From Me:

Thanks to all the readers and followers who stayed until the end. This is actually the second Fanfic I wrote, but the first mini one and also the first one I finished too. Thanks for all your beautiful comments. Hopefully we meet again soon! :D ^_^

-Jeeja Li

LimeGrass

sarNie Adult
Beautiful. I love how you tied in the prologue with the ending, very nicely done. So happy that Aum and Aff are now happily married. :wub:

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
loved the fic jeeja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD..

lol.. i thought they were in tokyo? unless it was bangkok all along lol.. haha.. i must've misread.. hehe..

jeeja

Thanks for the beautiful comments. I'll thinking of writing a few more of these mini ones. They're much easier to focus on since there's only two ppl to focus on. :D

Thanks again.

Aiko: where were u, they've been in Bangkok all along :p

kab hnub

sarNie Hatchling
i like how you tie the endings together. makes the ending sweet. will look forward to ur short mini ffs.

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
AWWW! Happy ending! Me loves this fic! It's sad & yet cute at the same time! Very good mini fic Jeeja ;]

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
already done?
quick but such a great fanfic.
great one, jeeja.
now im gonna nag you about updating Destined By Heaven.
hurry, don't rush, lmaooo :]
lovee this one. great ending, Aff && Aum<3

leemyis

Glamorous Diamond
This is such a sweet ending. Like that you tied the beginning and end together! Keep it coming!
Haha, I was gonna say like HJKT I'll be nagging about DBH as well. It's so good too. :D

jeeja

Thanks 4 the comments girls! I'm havin' a mini one coming soon after DBH is finished. DBH is about half way, I think (?)_(?)

Thanks. :D

leemyis

Glamorous Diamond
lol, ya think. Well, I'm luving it. Will wait to see what you have in stored for us. I like mini, not too long.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
this was like MOVIE! there was some sad parts and some beautiful parts. so sad that it took 10 years apart to finally come back together. I love the ending <333 GOSH, I can't believe that she got married and moments later found out that she made a mistake. but overall, great SHORT ff. thanks!