Thai Womans Trying to Look Like Western (White) Womans

reminiscense

sarNie Egg
I've noticed that so MANY Thai woman/actresses, (Asians in particular), aspire to look like White Western woman/actresses.
Why?????? Almost no Thai actress has their natural black hair, they dont even have brown eyes anymore lol.
This trend might be seen as beautiful for some people, but if you really look at it, its a loss of a culture, a loss of a cultural identity.
I mean how do we Asians distinguish ourselves from White people??? By our culture and OUR LOOKS!!!

I personally find it so wrong that so many Thai actresses all have dyed brownish blonde hair and colored contacts, it almost
seems as if their ashamed to look Thai. And they all look the same.

I understand that there is the influence of Western cultures but that doesn't mean every culture has to adopt to the Western way of doing
everything.

Look at Yardtip, her hair is brownish blonde and she has hazel contacts? SO MANY THAI ACTRESSES, same thing almost. ALL Thai actresses have the same hair style, the same color hair etc as Western actresses, WAKE UP AND BE YOURSELF!!!! BE THAI AND BE PROUD!!! Gawd, I mean these actresses are flaunting their looks and encouraging young girls to do the same. There is nothing wrong with having black hair and brown eyes!!

Are there any actresses that is ALL NATURAL now a day???? Look at Aump P, surgery lol. I mean yea she's hot but she tries too hard to come across sexy as Western actresses. In Thai culture isnt there a thing as modesty, I mean isnt that why celebrities dont bare it all for TV as Western celebrities do. So why are so many actresses nearly naked on the covers of magazines, with Aump leading the pack. Cant you be sexy without being trashy? Learn from Noon W, Aom P and Ann T.

Also, does anyone agree that Yardtip is the new Aump, I mean have you seen Yard's photoshop lately?

The exceptions are Noon W, that girl is what it means to look and be Thai. I dont find Noon to be so superficial as other actresses.

lol, this is my opinion. I know many people 'love' Aump and Yard, but this is my opinion. Agree/disagree feel free to let me know.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
ah! wat can we do...it's their life..if they want to dye their hair then go ahead...let them do it...got to admit some of them look reallie good w/ the change...but juz gotta see tat the top actresses w/ the good reputations...like u've alreadie stated Aom Piyada, Ann T. Noon W. and Kob S. [not considerin' her blue eye contacts for her lakorn]...all still have their nice hair and eye color...and my fav. actress is Aom anywayz so i dun kare much foe the other actresses...but even w/ the white ppl...hey! they wanna get tanned to be a darker skin...some even dye hair black...eh...

sirena

sarNie Adult
I've noticed that so MANY Thai woman/actresses, (Asians in particular), aspire to look like White Western woman/actresses.
Why?????? Almost no Thai actress has their natural black hair, they dont even have brown eyes anymore lol.
This trend might be seen as beautiful for some people, but if you really look at it, its a loss of a culture, a loss of a cultural identity.
I mean how do we Asians distinguish ourselves from White people??? By our culture and OUR LOOKS!!!

I personally find it so wrong that so many Thai actresses all have dyed brownish blonde hair and colored contacts, it almost
seems as if their ashamed to look Thai. And they all look the same.

I understand that there is the influence of Western cultures but that doesn't mean every culture has to adopt to the Western way of doing
everything.

Look at Yardtip, her hair is brownish blonde and she has hazel contacts? SO MANY THAI ACTRESSES, same thing almost. ALL Thai actresses have the same hair style, the same color hair etc as Western actresses, WAKE UP AND BE YOURSELF!!!! BE THAI AND BE PROUD!!! Gawd, I mean these actresses are flaunting their looks and encouraging young girls to do the same. There is nothing wrong with having black hair and brown eyes!!

Are there any actresses that is ALL NATURAL now a day???? Look at Aump P, surgery lol. I mean yea she's hot but she tries too hard to come across sexy as Western actresses. In Thai culture isnt there a thing as modesty, I mean isnt that why celebrities dont bare it all for TV as Western celebrities do. So why are so many actresses nearly naked on the covers of magazines, with Aump leading the pack. Cant you be sexy without being trashy? Learn from Noon W, Aom P and Ann T.

Also, does anyone agree that Yardtip is the new Aump, I mean have you seen Yard's photoshop lately?

The exceptions are Noon W, that girl is what it means to look and be Thai. I dont find Noon to be so superficial as other actresses.

lol, this is my opinion. I know many people 'love' Aump and Yard, but this is my opinion. Agree/disagree feel free to let me know.

i agree wit ya i mean ...keeping the modestry and stuff we think thats beautiful and stuff

we think like contacts and hair color and stuff is not natural and changing becuz
we live it everyday but to them it all new becuz its not out to their country yet so they find it fasinating and they wanna do it and look like american

thats pretty much it

then sumthing new is gonna come out and then they gonna follow it too

i noe wat u mean when u said modesty

but their sociaty is growing and everything just grows and grows and they trying to keep it urban too attract young ppl like us to watch their lakorn buy their magazine ect

i dnt noe thats wat i think the reason they do it and stuff

btw i luv ann T ^^ hehe

mmemories

sarNie Hatchling
Hahahahaha, this cracked me up. Its quite funny. Harsh but I somewhat agree. You do see that trend
in Thai actresses.

Its partly I think, a loss of an identity and also an obsession with 'what is beautiful'. I mean, we
mostly see successful, beautiful actresses such as Angelina Jolie and Jessica Alba. These actresses
are known worldwide because the Western influence extends worldwide. How many people is the US
will know of Ann T, Aom P and Aump P, know what I mean.

It does seem that many Thai actresses are trying to look all Western, but maybe its part of wanting what you
dont have. I mean, I have straight hair but I want curly hair, whereas a friend has curly hair and wants
straight hair. Thats just how people are. People are look obsessive, even you and I, and how far we go to
obtain that desired perfection has to do with how pressured we feel. Im sure we can agree that celebrities,
especially females, in all countries are under the pressure to look perfectly beautiful.

All natural, hahaha, no comment.

Yup, modesty all the way. Honestly, no matter how beautiful you think you are. Please keep the clothes on. :D

sirena

sarNie Adult
Hahahahaha, this cracked me up. Its quite funny. Harsh but I somewhat agree. You do see that trend
in Thai actresses.

Its partly I think, a loss of an identity and also an obsession with 'what is beautiful'. I mean, we
mostly see successful, beautiful actresses such as Angelina Jolie and Jessica Alba. These actresses
are known worldwide because the Western influence extends worldwide. How many people is the US
will know of Ann T, Aom P and Aump P, know what I mean.

It does seem that many Thai actresses are trying to look all Western, but maybe its part of wanting what you
dont have. I mean, I have straight hair but I want curly hair, whereas a friend has curly hair and wants
straight hair. Thats just how people are. People are look obsessive, even you and I, and how far we go to
obtain that desired perfection has to do with how pressured we feel. Im sure we can agree that celebrities,
especially females, in all countries are under the pressure to look perfectly beautiful.

All natural, hahaha, no comment.

Yup, modesty all the way. Honestly, no matter how beautiful you think you are. Please keep the clothes on. :D

wow nicely said :D

noungning

Heartless
it's fashion.

i don't think they are trying to be westernized. they are just going with what they think is in...once one does it... it's like the domino effect.

thai's are MUCH more influenced from korea, japan and china versus being influenced by western culture, in my opinion, but then again, korea, japan and china are influenced from westerners lmao! :p

true, they should represent the true asian beauty, but they need to sell, and selling is being able to live up to innovativeness/fashion/trend... ann is half, so she already has the beauty without the hairdye and contacts lol

ChenrukNote

Goddess
I think contacts, color contacts, are so sexy lol. Noon's done some sexy shoots as well, its just that she does not get much attention when she does it and people praise that its beautifully or tastefully done when she's showing off her boobies and midriff. However, with Aum she's sexy that's her concept, so I don't see why people complain when she does shoots that are scantily clad, its natural for her. As for Yard, I just think since she's growing up she feels a need to sell herself like Ning said. Aom and Ann are old now, they are in their 30s so they don't want to expose as much.

Also I don't think being Asian is solely on looks. There's always room for change and I think thats what all these Thai actresses are portraying.

sugar

เฟริสค่ะ
All women want to look good, what's a change here and there gonna hurt? They still practice Thai culture, speak Thai etc, they are Thai.

meh. it's just outside stuff... like changing clothes. i'm not going out naked, although it's all natural. :ph34r:

soupansa

sarNie Hatchling
Noon isn't natural. She had her nose fixed. I think the Hollywood/celebrity life is fake in general. People change to please others or else they wouldn't be as famous. It's a trend like mentioned earlier.

AmmatureKikyo

sarNie Adult
I strongly agree with u, like that's wat I've been trying to say in one of my topic that I recently posted up about asians dying their hair...I understand that it's their choices, it's a trend and their style, but dang it makes them look really dirty and trashy..especially when the roots starts to grow...It's fine when they do it like dark brown, or dark colors, but when they go brightish blond...eewww..These is one of the reason why I would skip their lakorns...For instance, in "Ruklahsanehluang" Ploy C.'s hair was so bright, it didn't fit her as her role and I didn't even bother to check out her ability to act in this one..Same goes to Kwan in "Leurdnaidin", Yard in "LayKularb", and Pang I wouldn't even go there...

Why can't they stay natural, beautiful looking and asianish(not a word, but u know wat I mean) like Ning K., Ann T., Tik., Noon W...(even though they have some surgery done)....I just hope that Fang stays naturally beautiful and will not change her hair color to bright colors..I guess asian cultural tradition is starting to fade away and people don't value it as much...

Hey thai actresses already dyed their hair, wear different colors of contact lenses, some even already had some areas in their body parts done, and who knows, maybe in the future they will exopose themselves to the American lifestyle where it's okay to get married and divorce, get pregnant before marriage(which it already did happened to Katreeya M.), sex video expose like Paris Hilton..ect..All the stuffs that we see in the American's(or celeb's lives)...

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
it's fashion.

i don't think they are trying to be westernized. they are just going with what they think is in...once one does it... it's like the domino effect.

thai's are MUCH more influenced from korea, japan and china versus being influenced by western culture, in my opinion, but then again, korea, japan and china are influenced from westerners lmao! :p

true, they should represent the true asian beauty, but they need to sell, and selling is being able to live up to innovativeness/fashion/trend... ann is half, so she already has the beauty without the hairdye and contacts lol

agreed if you have money then you can do it have money to dye hair and have contacts then then do plus its their life they can do what they like not up to us to tell them coz thats just wrong .. just go with the flow.. most of the popular girls and ma friends should i sa i ma skool all dyed their hair brown so its fashion and there more t tha story which i cnt tall u right now coz gotta go to lesson lol

Muddie Murda

smile...
Ah, I haven't focused with the Thai entertainment on this issue. Haha Maybe because most of them are mixed anyways? haha

But one thing that REALLY pissed me off was that one lakorn...i never watched it but i saw previews. It looked like it took place back long long ago in the old times...but the freaking n'ek had like freaking high lighted brown/blonde hair, all stylish and curled beautifully. What the hell!? Who had that hair back then?! So yeahh hahahahaha that's it. :D

reminiscense

sarNie Egg
I strongly agree with u, like that's wat I've been trying to say in one of my topic that I recently posted up about asians dying their hair...I understand that it's their choices, it's a trend and their style, but dang it makes them look really dirty and trashy..especially when the roots starts to grow...It's fine when they do it like dark brown, or dark colors, but when they go brightish blond...eewww..These is one of the reason why I would skip their lakorns...For instance, in "Ruklahsanehluang" Ploy C.'s hair was so bright, it didn't fit her as her role and I didn't even bother to check out her ability to act in this one..Same goes to Kwan in "Leurdnaidin", Yard in "LayKularb", and Pang I wouldn't even go there...

Why can't they stay natural, beautiful looking and asianish(not a word, but u know wat I mean) like Ning K., Ann T., Tik., Noon W...(even though they have some surgery done)....I just hope that Fang stays naturally beautiful and will not change her hair color to bright colors..I guess asian cultural tradition is starting to fade away and people don't value it as much...

Hey thai actresses already dyed their hair, wear different colors of contact lenses, some even already had some areas in their body parts done, and who knows, maybe in the future they will exopose themselves to the American lifestyle where it's okay to get married and divorce, get pregnant before marriage(which it already did happened to Katreeya M.), sex video expose like Paris Hilton..ect..All the stuffs that we see in the American's(or celeb's lives)...
Yes, exactly. Im glad some people agree.

I read posts (not just here but elsewhere too) and they say these celebrities are "hot", "sexy", "beautiful". My question is what is so beautiful and attractive about trying to look like everything but yourself? What's even more disturbing is that these celebrities are the role models of young teenage girls, who want to look like them. I, personally think that celebrities have a certain moral responsible to the people who look up to them, I mean, do they really want young girls growing up to be beautiful airheads?

Ann T, I think she's smart. She comes across as independent, strong, yet she's sweet. Isnt that what young girls should aspire to be like. And Aom P, you rarely hear anything negative about her. But celebrities like Aump, Yard, Ploy C, (just to name a few) flaunt their sexiness, and I agree that they are sexy but do they have any brains? I mean, look at the world and culture around them, its so superficial and for them to follow the lead and not stand up to be different is very shallow.

sarN

sarNie Granny
o'man and i thought about goin blond this weekend -- already buy the dye and everything... :lol:

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
i totally agree with this topic.. i mean look at yard, pat, kwan, poo, pancake, pinky.. oh my! well its mostly the new generation that are like this.

paulina

sarNie Egg
why does it always have to be labeled as "western ", when many people in europe far from the "western" of America have blonde brown hair, and light skin etc. People just have different taste, and they want to change their look, doesn't mean they're not proud of who they are, and where they're from. some people just don't look good with black hair cause it doesn't match with their complexion. some people don't want to dye their hair because they don't want it damaged. who cares?