Thai Dubbing...

Ive alwaise been wondering and now ima ask... How come when i watch an asian dubbed movie in Thai why do they sound so differ from when you actually watch a thai lakorn... Like not to be mean or anything but kinda annoying to me... They dont sound like the Bangkok Thai or watever. Is it true that usually the Esan Thai dubb movies or wat? I dont know... Ima so confused at the type of Thai who dub dramas... :blink:

noungning

Heartless
what was the question again... kinda confused... do you mean when it's dubbed into another language? but the movies in theaters they do voice overs after they finished the film...thats why the lips and voice sometimes don't sync.

Rakniran

do you mean chinese movie/series translate to Thai audio sound?

Yeah all of them have esan language in there.I have no idea why.THey always seem tomake it sound funny too.

Like full house korean drama..the translate to thai version was horrible.i hate it.waste of my money..I didnt even enjoy the thai audio sound version.I think i will get korean language version...

darvil

sarNie Adult
huh?

I don't ever recall ever seeing a chinese series with an Esan accent. Maybe my understading of Esan is a bit different. I've always though they used normal thai when they dub stuff.

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
Im confused too. Are u comparing thai lakorns to thai movies?

Power

sarNie Egg
You are talking about dubbing foreign movies/lakorns into Thai Language right? I know what you mean, they always use that silly annoying voice. I don't know why they just won't use their regular tone. They usually use the same people to do the dubbing. And also it is not esarn voice. They are actually normal, but they just make their voice sound unique or so call the "law voice," or tum sieng law type of thing. The women voice is always kinda high pitch too. So annoying!! That's why I don't watch stuff dubbed in Thai.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Power said:
You are talking about dubbing foreign movies/lakorns into Thai Language right? I know what you mean, they always use that silly annoying voice. I don't know why they just won't use their regular tone. They usually use the same people to do the dubbing. And also it is not esarn voice. They are actually normal, but they just make their voice sound unique or so call the "law voice," or tum sieng law type of thing. The women voice is always kinda high pitch too. So annoying!! That's why I don't watch stuff dubbed in Thai.
[post="73744"][/post]​
Yea thats right. I would call it overacting their voices. It can work in some cases though. It wasn't that bad of a deal to me since I grew up listening to those annoying voices :lol:

amelia

sarNie Egg
dude I totally agree...it bugs me so bad when they do that..cuz it's freakin annoying. we should start a company and dub our own lakorns and movies...even though we have no skill at least we won't be overexaggerating every sound.

sugar

เฟริสค่ะ
I totally get you, when I use to watch Chinese dubbed Thai series I found it very annoying how their voices were. The Thai that they use is Bangkok central Thai but with a weird ass sound to it. I don't get why they can't just speak normally like they do in lakorns.

LidoLynn

ThE GrEaT gReAt LyNn!!
that is soooo true....like when i watch meteor garden( dubbing in thai)....they all have these annoying voices....and im like dude....i cant stand it....but yeah, everytime i watch it i just put on their real voices and read the subtitles..