TAKKATAN CHONLADA

Sarna3

sarNie Adult
A sweet face Thai/Esan country singer from Korat - who went to France with Ice Saranyu to promote her songs where there were alot of Laos and thai or Esan people were there. She was asked a question in Laos by a Laos Journalist such as "Is this your first time in France?" or in Laos the question was "Tum it wah ti mah France?", She reply back that she doesn't understand the dialect of Laos, and asked the report to speak in thai, whereas in thai whenever she appeared on stage to received her award ceremoney or concert, she actually can speak Esan dialect which is basically similar to Laos language. Please listen and make judgement or make opinion about if she was rude to forget her root or where actually the originate of True Esan people came from;I think she should be Banned from Entry of Laos country or no Laos people should support her music anymore if she doesn't appreciate the Language of Laos where the originate of Esan language comes from.

This is the interview that she was asked by the Laos Reporter;

TAKKATAN CHONLADA

Mr_Lover

sarNie Egg
A sweet face Thai/Esan country singer from Korat - who went to France with Ice Saranyu to promote her songs where there were alot of Laos and thai or Esan people were there. She was asked a question in Laos by a Laos Journalist such as "Is this your first time in France?" or in Laos the question was "Tum it wah ti mah France?", She reply back that she doesn't understand the dialect of Laos, and asked the report to speak in thai, whereas in thai whenever she appeared on stage to received her award ceremoney or concert, she actually can speak Esan dialect which is basically similar to Laos language. Please listen and make judgement or make opinion about if she was rude to forget her root or where actually the originate of True Esan people came from;I think she should be Banned from Entry of Laos country or no Laos people should support her music anymore if she doesn't appreciate the Language of Laos where the originate of Esan language comes from.

This is the interview that she was asked by the Laos Reporter;

TAKKATAN CHONLADA
we are as Laos or Esan people should never support her ass anymore. Without Laos and Esan people, all Thai singers that come to US or Europe won't get any support am i right?

cecilia

Staff member
i don't know .. She did ask him to speak thai b/c she doesn't understand that one particular question -- after that he still ask her in his native dialect so it's understandable that maybe the anchor man is not clear enough. I wouldn't judge and say that she's ungrateful of her root b/c to me it's like someone asking me a question in Green Hmong and I have no clue what they're referring to even though I'm a GREEN Hmong native speaker. I appreciate my roots and know both languages but if i don't' understand what the question is asking, i'll ask them to ask it in another dialect just so I'll understand. I take this incident as me not understanding what someone else is asking in my native tongue then ask them to rephrase it in words that I know. Like SOUTHERN/NORTHERN accent or sling words.

honda

sarNie Hatchling
When she first enter the ET she was fluent in Esan. To be exact she didn't hardly speak Thai. It has not been that long since than so there is no reason why she shouldn't understand the reporter. You don't forget the language you grew up speaking most of your life in a matter of years, especially at her age. During that whole interview she refused to speak Esan until the report asked her too.

duongchai

sarNie Hatchling
I see alot of esan people who forget their own root. Takkatan didn't speak esan at all during that interview, really sad and disappointing.

stephanie

sarNie Adult
maybe she's more comfortable speaking thai now. i mean, if you dont speak your original language for a whie you sometimes forget how to put the sentence structure together...

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
I understand Esaan pretty well as my mothers side come from around Esaan even I didn't understand him ... so yeah I don't think she is being a snob or anything.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
I wouldn't blame her. Lao Dialect and Esan Dialect are actually different. Some words and phrases mean the same. Others have two different meaning. Lao words have a more deep meaning to it than Esan words. Esan people have to actually interact with khon Lao or live in Meuang Lao to understand the language more better.

AmmatureKikyo

sarNie Adult
Loas, Thai, or Esan dialect or not, she could atleast tried to speak her native language when talking to him instead of continuing to speak thai..and towards the end, he asked her can she speak esan, and she replied "Yes", why didn't she speak it when he talk to her in Lao..look at Mum(the comedian guy) he speaks Thai, but also speak Lao, and Esan..like when he went to promote his movie in Vietiane, the reporters speak Lao to him, he answered them in Lao..

I know Lao and Esan has different dialect, but that's a shame that the Journalist guy have to first asked her if she knew how to speak it before she can actually say it..I'm not being bais about her or anything, but in that interview, she chose to speak other language rather then speaking her language..she didn't even tried to speak it..