Synopsis help!!

laydigien

sarNie Egg
Hey guys! :lol:

Can someone please give me like a full synopsis of "Ka Neung Ha" (starring Ning and Patson)? I've only seen the hacked up hmong dubbed version and sometimes it gets confusing cause its so hacked up! And the subbed one on YouTube is only on like episode 3. I mean, I know the basic storyline of guy hires girl to replace girlfriend who is in Japan and ends up falling in love with her and so on. What I'm asking for is kind of like a play by play of each episode.

Also I have one burning question: how did Ning's character go from short hair to long hair?? The hmong version doesn't explain it. It's suppose to be somewhere in episode 6 of the original thai version but the one being uploaded on YouTube is missing it. Even the Khmer dubbed version is missing it!! LoL! Thanks a bunch!!

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
unfortunately i can't give you a play by play version, but i can tell you the gist of the story and how her hair is long sometimes, and short sometimes.

ok, ning is the daughter of a rich guy, and her daddy wants her to get married to this one dude. she doesn't want to get married so she runs away. in running away, she realizes that she needs to get a job to pay for rent and stuff...or something like that (it's been a while), so she starts looking for a job.

on the other hand, pra'ek's mom is also trying to get him to marry this one chick whose family is pretending to be rich but they are not cuz they are gamblers who lost all their money. well since pra'ek already has a gf, he doesn't want to get married either, so he comes up with a plan...with his buddy...to bring in a pretend gf until the real one comes back from studying in japan. he starts by putting an add in the papers that says that he's looking to hire a maid or cleaning lady or something like that. ning sees this in the papers and disguises herself as someone nerdy and older looking (hence the disguise that you saw) cuz she thought they wouldn't take her seriously if she went in all young and stuff. she goes in and applies but remembers that she's had problems with pra'ek before....at a restaurant. on top of that, pra'ek makes fun of her too cuz he thinks she looks too weird and nerdy. but compared to other people, she was the best candidate...more appropriate and still cute even with her disguise...according to his friend who was really the organizer behind all of the plan. lol

ok, pra'ek and his friend tells her that they want to hire her as his gf, and she flips out. she already doesn't want to work with pra'ek cuz they don't get along, so she beats them up too with all the cleaning equipment that she brought with her. after that, she runs out. pra'ek's friend runs after her, talks to her and she ultimately decides to do it cuz she felt like she had no other choice.

from then on, it gets really cute and funny cuz the pra'ek and nang'ek are always fighting. but you should have seen when nang'ek got out of her nerd clothes and came out all cute n stuff. pra'ek was all drooling, but of course he acted like he wasn't interested cuz he had his pride as well as his gf (who also happens to be a close friend/"older sisters" with nang'ek...not by blood). pra'ek doesn't know this but nang'ek knows this. it's also the main reason why she continues with this job...to help her big sister fulfill "true love".

k, so he takes nang'ek into the house to pose as his gf. however, his mom was set on the fake rich girl so she is MEANNNN to nang'ek while everyone else falls in love with her. hehe since she was really groomed in a well to do family, it was natural for her to shine. even for pra'ek, he was starting to fall in love with her...to the point where he tied both of them to a bed together later on!! lol you see, the plan was that she would leave once his real gf could make it back home to thailand. well, his gf was about to come back but he was already use to having the nang'ek as his pretend gf. he was upset so he started drinking, and refused to let her go anywhere...and that's why he tied them to the bed n laid in her lap all night long.

...i'm sorry, i'll continue later, i gotta go cook some food for myself. someone else can pick up here if they want. LOL

laydigien

sarNie Egg
Thank you so much for your help! I can't wait to read the rest! :lol:

unfortunately i can't give you a play by play version, but i can tell you the gist of the story and how her hair is long sometimes, and short sometimes.

ok, ning is the daughter of a rich guy, and her daddy wants her to get married to this one dude. she doesn't want to get married so she runs away. in running away, she realizes that she needs to get a job to pay for rent and stuff...or something like that (it's been a while), so she starts looking for a job.

on the other hand, pra'ek's mom is also trying to get him to marry this one chick whose family is pretending to be rich but they are not cuz they are gamblers who lost all their money. well since pra'ek already has a gf, he doesn't want to get married either, so he comes up with a plan...with his buddy...to bring in a pretend gf until the real one comes back from studying in japan. he starts by putting an add in the papers that says that he's looking to hire a maid or cleaning lady or something like that. ning sees this in the papers and disguises herself as someone nerdy and older looking (hence the disguise that you saw) cuz she thought they wouldn't take her seriously if she went in all young and stuff. she goes in and applies but remembers that she's had problems with pra'ek before....at a restaurant. on top of that, pra'ek makes fun of her too cuz he thinks she looks too weird and nerdy. but compared to other people, she was the best candidate...more appropriate and still cute even with her disguise...according to his friend who was really the organizer behind all of the plan. lol

ok, pra'ek and his friend tells her that they want to hire her as his gf, and she flips out. she already doesn't want to work with pra'ek cuz they don't get along, so she beats them up too with all the cleaning equipment that she brought with her. after that, she runs out. pra'ek's friend runs after her, talks to her and she ultimately decides to do it cuz she felt like she had no other choice.

from then on, it gets really cute and funny cuz the pra'ek and nang'ek are always fighting. but you should have seen when nang'ek got out of her nerd clothes and came out all cute n stuff. pra'ek was all drooling, but of course he acted like he wasn't interested cuz he had his pride as well as his gf (who also happens to be a close friend/"older sisters" with nang'ek...not by blood). pra'ek doesn't know this but nang'ek knows this. it's also the main reason why she continues with this job...to help her big sister fulfill "true love".

k, so he takes nang'ek into the house to pose as his gf. however, his mom was set on the fake rich girl so she is MEANNNN to nang'ek while everyone else falls in love with her. hehe since she was really groomed in a well to do family, it was natural for her to shine. even for pra'ek, he was starting to fall in love with her...to the point where he tied both of them to a bed together later on!! lol you see, the plan was that she would leave once his real gf could make it back home to thailand. well, his gf was about to come back but he was already use to having the nang'ek as his pretend gf. he was upset so he started drinking, and refused to let her go anywhere...and that's why he tied them to the bed n laid in her lap all night long.

...i'm sorry, i'll continue later, i gotta go cook some food for myself. someone else can pick up here if they want. LOL

laydigien

sarNie Egg
Really? You think so?? I really like Patson and Ning in this lakorn though. I think they played the roles perfectly so I dunno if anyone can compete with them.

i loved this lakorn... it soo deserves a remake but i hope they dont ruin it...

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
hahaha i'm so sorry. i didn't mean to ditch this thread. after i ate last night i realized i had some work that needed to be done. i'll try to finish the summary tomorrow at work. no one will bother me in my office. hehe

very good lakorn.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
oh shiet, i totally forgot about this thread. this last week has just been super busy for me. sorry. i better finish it now before i forget again. lol

ok, where was i? pra'ek tied himself and nang'ek to the bed, called his gf in japan and told her that it was over. he didn't mean to be so brutal, but he was drunk, so yeah....

k, after that night, he followed ning (nang'ek) around all over the place. he wouldn't let her out of his sight. even though she started loving him too, she couldn't betray her "sister". so she would try to sneak around to talk to pra'ek's best friend about ending everything since pra'ek's best friend was kind of the mastermind behind the situation. btw, the only reason why pra'ek's best friend was helping out in all this scheming was because he wanted to see the woman he love be happy. the woman he loves is pra'ek's gf in japan. haha

anywho, nang'ek keeps trying to see his best friend and pra'ek starts thinking they have something going on n gets jealous. he even beats up on his best friend, but his best friend starts getting mad too because he knew the woman he loved would be super heartbroken. this is about when pra'ek's gf flies in to see if everything pra'ek says is true about breaking up and stuff. she comes and finds her "little sis" is the girl that pra'ek fell for. she is sad, but she doesn't do anything mean because she is a nice person. on the contrary, she helps them get together because the true obstacle was pra'ek's mom.

during all of this stuff with pra'ek and nang'ek falling in love, the girl that pra'ek's mom wants him to marry is playing another guy (old guy) for money (her parents are actually making her so this). but she has a bf that she loves too, so she doesn't know what to do. she still schemes with her parents, n try to play pra'ek's family too. but then i think pra'ek's best friend exposes them or something and it comes to be that the old man that one girl is playing is actually the dad of the man that she loves. father and son fights over her and then they find out she's also trying to con pra'ek's family. that whole thing is screwed up and pra'ek's mom is pissed but still HATES nang'ek cuz she thinks nang'ek is some poor chick. on top of that, they find out nang'ek's not really pra'ek's real gf.

to be honest, i might have gotten some things mixed up because it's been a while. but yeah, they all find out she's not the real gf. the real gf is brought in and the mom disgraces her too cuz she thinks the gf was scheming too. pra'ek's mom goes all crazy mean and yells at pra'ek's gf in front of pra'ek's gf's dad. after she was finished, he explained that he was the govenor or mayor or judge or something, and that maybe she misunderstood the situation a little. pra'eks mom totally feels stupid and puts the rest of her anger on nang'ek. but pra'ek still refuses to let her go, and wants to marry her. but to totally screw the nang'ek over, pra'ek's mom tries to put pra'ek off on someone else. she calls up her friends who happens to be nang'ek's parents (well, dad and step-mom) and attempts to match pra'ek up with their daughter, explaining that there was a low-class slut trying to con pra'ek. nang'ek walks in while they are talking, and pra'ek's mom starts cussing nang'ek out, saying how she is a disgusting, shameless, low class slut trying to con her son. and nang'eks dad says, um you might be under some misunderstanding cuz that's my daughter, and she's definitely not some low-class slut. LOOL

pra'eks mom goes into shock (like a comical one), and totally feels like an ass again. this is pretty much the end of the lakorn. of course, pra'ek and nang'ek has a last sweet scene together and an engagement party. before that, there's a scene with pra'ek's mom apologizing too. pra'ek's friend and "real" gf ends up together, and the one chick that pra'ek's mom tries to set him up with ends up alone and broke.

i might have gotten some things mixed up, and left out some details, but this lakorn was good. the only copy i have is in thai. sowy, doesn't help u much. i hope this helps though. :rolleyes:

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
girl, i don't know how to do that stuff. LOL WELL, technically, i use to, but i can't remember now. plus, it's in MO, and i'm in cali now. ya'll are out of luck. :lol:

laydigien

sarNie Egg
girl, i don't know how to do that stuff. LOL WELL, technically, i use to, but i can't remember now. plus, it's in MO, and i'm in cali now. ya'll are out of luck. :lol:
Thanks a bunch for your synopsis! I've been checking this forum everyday! Haha! Yea, i did notice that some things were a bit mixed up but thanks so much! Also, my burning question wasn't answered... For a while there, at the beginning of the series, she always wore the short wig with the bangs. When did she stop wearing the wig and why did she decide to stop? Did she get caught with it off or something? Cause I know the scene following her not wearing the wig anymore is when Bakaifa and her family come to visit for the first time and Pra'ek is all drooling over her until Nang'ek walks in with her long hair and his jaw like literally hit the floor (LMAO!!). Every version of Ka Neung Ha that I've seen is always missing that part and I know it can't just be that it doesn't explain it cause if that was the case, then that'd be pretty dumb.

kitkat

sarNie Elites
I have it in cassettes/Thai and is one of my favorites! <3

I recalled that pra'ek's grandmother was the one who told nang'ek to wear a long wig when Bakaifa paid a visit at their house... she looked very "sexy" and obviously, pra'ek was in awe of her looks so grandma wanted nang'ek to get pra'ek's attention by looking simply elegant even she didn't want to do it but had to obey her request. =)

The ending was hilarious 'cause there were 3 couples, grandma made an announcement that anyone who gets pregnant first then the "prize" will be her land, I think. ^^; Afterward, pra'ek's friend told his girlfriend "let's do it now", lol.

laydigien

sarNie Egg
I have it in cassettes/Thai and is one of my favorites! <3

I recalled that pra'ek's grandmother was the one who told nang'ek to wear a long wig when Bakaifa paid a visit at their house... she looked very "sexy" and obviously, pra'ek was in awe of her looks so grandma wanted nang'ek to get pra'ek's attention by looking simply elegant even she didn't want to do it but had to obey her request. =)

The ending was hilarious 'cause there were 3 couples, grandma made an announcement that anyone who gets pregnant first then the "prize" will be her land, I think. ^^; Afterward, pra'ek's friend told his girlfriend "let's do it now", lol.
Okay... So, just to clarify... His grandma knew that Bakaifa was coming so she told Nang'ek to wear a long wig? I'm a little confused cause I know she had the long hair under the wig. So when the grandma asked her to wear a long wig, she had to basically take off the short wig and show her real hair right? Hehe. I'm sorry, I like details. Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it!! :D

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
yeh, she originally had long hair. she put on the wig to disguise herself for many reasons. i think one is from recognition, and the other is to keep pra'ek at a distance. by being a little nerdy-looking, he might not fall for her. grandma was the one who took the wig off and dressed her up. that's how she became all extra beautiful. haha

laydigien

sarNie Egg
yeh, she originally had long hair. she put on the wig to disguise herself for many reasons. i think one is from recognition, and the other is to keep pra'ek at a distance. by being a little nerdy-looking, he might not fall for her. grandma was the one who took the wig off and dressed her up. that's how she became all extra beautiful. haha
okay, so can someone give me like a somewhat detailed summary of that particular scene? for example, "grandma heard from her son that bakaifa was coming. determined to drive her away, she asked her fake granddaughter-in-law to wear a long wig to look prettier" and so on and so forth. dont take that as an actual summary, thats just my example of the summary im asking for. so, im still confused... kitkat said that grandma asked her to wear a long wig to look prettier but Thookatha said grandma took off her short wig and dressed her up...thanks you guys!

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
ok, you can actually take it in any way you want since they did not show details of what happened. there is a possibility that she might have gone to the extent of cutting off all of her hair to disguise herself from everyone, in which case grandma would put on extensions later. but for me, i assumed that she put on a wig since at the beginning of this lakorn, her hair was originally longer. the reason why u are probably confused was because they really didn't show the details. it's however you take it. but since long hair is more favorable in the asian society...especially during that time, i took it as she put on a wig to fool them and then took it off later with grandma. but who knows...lol...

laydigien

sarNie Egg
ok, you can actually take it in any way you want since they did not show details of what happened. there is a possibility that she might have gone to the extent of cutting off all of her hair to disguise herself from everyone, in which case grandma would put on extensions later. but for me, i assumed that she put on a wig since at the beginning of this lakorn, her hair was originally longer. the reason why u are probably confused was because they really didn't show the details. it's however you take it. but since long hair is more favorable in the asian society...especially during the that time, i took it as she put on a wig to full them and then took it off later with grandma. but who knows...lol...
Hehe. Okay. Thank you Thookatha. I think you cleared that up for me.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
hahaha no problem, girl! when i first watch that, it bothered me too that those details were not clear as to how the transformation happened. but i learned to live it. i had no choice. lol

but i still know where you're coming from. :lol: