STD's

sooks

sarNie Egg
i was watching tyra banks show the other day and they were talking about std's and how most people who have them (70 percent or more) dont even know they have it. they were talking about how condoms will prevent hiv and aids but will not prevent several other stds. :(

dfemc

sarNie Adult
reaally now? condoms don't prevent other STD's...that's a new one. condoms have higher percentage in preventing practically all STD's, unless, the other stuff like gonnarea and what nots permeates through laytex somehow...

hmmm...it sounds like what tyra has on has great intentions, and the perfect public health tool, but i just hope the show doesn't end up misinforming ppl.

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
Your title asks "anyone have it"...I'd like to know who in here or anywhere will admit or openly say that they've been infected by any forms of STD and or other infectious/deadly diseases out there...

Some arent even aware that they have it...sad, sad, sad...

It's a sensitive subject matter and much props to those who comes in here to share their tragic/horrific stories with us...<<<kind of doubt that'll happen.

It's very disturbing to me to see people not wash their hands after using these public bathroom. What's even more disgusting is that these people are the supposed future nurses and doctors.

LOL...no, I dont have cameras in the bathroom!

LidoLynn

ThE GrEaT gReAt LyNn!!
this is the reason why...people should be aware of who they sleep with and shouldnt sleep with......stds and aids are just nasty..... :angry:

sooks

sarNie Egg
dfemc said:
reaally now? condoms don't prevent other STD's...that's a new one. condoms have higher percentage in preventing practically all STD's, unless, the other stuff like gonnarea and what nots permeates through laytex somehow...

hmmm...it sounds like what tyra has on has great intentions, and the perfect public health tool, but i just hope the show doesn't end up misinforming ppl.
[post="109060"][/post]​
there are a lot of std's out there and condoms do not cover a lot of stds. you can even get std from oral sex. i dont know what kinds of stds it covers :( after watching the show i went online to look at the statistics of stds. but i forgot most of it. lol

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
Yep. It's true. Some people don't know they have it and then they spread it without knowing it. That is sad. That's why you should only have one partner...

dfemc

sarNie Adult
sooks said:
there are a lot of std's out there and condoms do not cover a lot of stds. you can even get std from oral sex. i dont know what kinds of stds it covers :( after watching the show i went online to look at the statistics of stds. but i forgot most of it. lol
[post="109249"][/post]​
that's very true in terms of oral sex. u've pulled out a great point. ;) but in general, any form of barrier that's not permeable to most fluids will prevent the transmission of STD's (which usually gets carried in fluid form). however, as for oral sex, there are oral condoms and special mouth pieces that could also be used. there are definitely plenty of ways to protect oneself. B)

and as many of u say, education and the spread of information are key aspects to that prevention and protection. :)

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
dfemc said:
that's very true in terms of oral sex. u've pulled out a great point. ;) but in general, any form of barrier that's not permeable to most fluids will prevent the transmission of STD's (which usually gets carried in fluid form). however, as for oral sex, there are oral condoms and special mouth pieces that could also be used. there are definitely plenty of ways to protect oneself. B)

and as many of u say, education and the spread of information are key aspects to that prevention and protection. :)
[post="109577"][/post]​
wth they have a mouth condom thingymajig?!?!?! whoh.. I learn something new everyday..

dfemc

sarNie Adult
knightluva said:
mouth condoms?..  :unsure:  never heard of that one before
[post="113454"][/post]​
http://www.pamf.org/teen/sex/std/oral/index.html

there u go... ^_^

Plastic Wrap (such as Saran or Cling Wrap)
Pros: Inexpensive and easy to find in any grocery or drug store); Covers a larger area; Can be used with oil- or water-based lubricants; Allows heat to be felt through the wrap
Cons: Can rip -- use caution with fingernails
Directions on Use: Cover the vulva area with the plastic wrap. You can either cut a piece of the wrap and hold it in place or wrap the pelvic area. To increase sensitivity, you can place lubricant on the side facing the vulva. Once you are done, throw the plastic wrap away. If you are rimming, follow the directions above but place the wrap over the anal area.

Dental Dams, Licks and Other Latex Square Barriers
Pros: Provides a stronger latex barrier; Some, such as "Glide Dams," come in flavors such as grape and vanilla
Cons: May not be easy to find, although some teen-friendly clinics (such as Planned Parenthood) and dental supply stores carry them; Some feel there is less sensation of warmth and feeling; Covers a small area and fluids may seep past the dam (use caution); Only protects what it covers; Some require that you hold the latex in place for protection; May not be used with oil-based lubricants because they will break down the latex
Directions on Use: Hold the latex square over the vulva area. Some will stay in place (like Glide Dams), while others must be held in place for protection. You can also try using a garter belt to hold it and free up your hands. To increase sensitivity, you can place lubricant on the side facing the vulva. Be sure to only use water-based lubricant (not Vaseline or oils). Dental dams can only be used once, so after you are done, throw away the dam. If you are rimming, follow the directions above but place the dam over the anal area.

Cutting a Condom into a Rectangle
Pros: Easy to get. Look for a non-lubricated condom, flavored lubricated condom or flavored non-lubricated condom
Cons: Provides a small area of protection and requires care to ensure that fluids don't seep past the condom into the mouth or the anus/vulva area; You must use both hands to hold the cut condom in place; Can only use water-based lubricant (not Vaseline or oils); Only protects what it covers
Directions on Use: Unroll the condom and cut off the very tip and the very end of the condom. Then cut lengthwise to make a rectangle. Hold the latex square over the vulva area. To increase sensitivity, you can place lubricant on the side facing the vulva. Be sure to only use water-based lubricant (not Vaseline or oils). Once you are done, throw away the condom. If you are rimming, follow the directions above but place the condom over the anal area.

enjoy ^_^

Kina

Dubsteppin'
well....gotta invent something to prevent std's, weird as it sounds or not. i really do not know what goes throo sexually active people. then again, there are people who have minimal partners but have std's, most likely from one of his or her partner. it's a sad case, but even at this rate of std increase, some people just dont learn. :(

do it with the one who ur gona do it for life. don't have sex for fun. sex (of w/e kind) aint all that, but ur health and well-being is/should be ur #1 priority.

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
As contagious and easily spread as it is, people are quite careless or dare I say absent minded when it comes to such things...especially, when lust overpowers their cognitive abilities... :rolleyes:

Yes, mouth condoms sound awfully foreign to me and surely seems like they have to go through a whole lot of work just to ummm endure that thing us humans call...ughh pleasure? :unsure:

There are several different ways to prevent, but if you are a sexually active person with multiple partners? Hmmm...you are exposing yourself to all these potential threats each and everytime...

Of course, you and I both know that, but sometimes you forget about the most obvious things...