ST Universal Videos

jenjen

sarNie Hatchling
i think they stopped like umm 10 years ago...its been heka long..WAIt!...yea the subbing part they stopped like in the mid 90's (some1 correct me if im wrong) but umm i think there was still movies out using the production name that lady Lee Xiong directed...but i think that production no longer exists...srry..

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
my favorite dubb that they did is the Koo Gum movie and the bollywood film starring Anil Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit, the title was something like Nrhiav Niam Txog Qaum Ntuj. something of that sort.

if-only

sarNie Hatchling
i think they stop dubbing but i think they're still making movies though.... is Mob Niam Yau S.T. Universal Studio because Sue Thao made the movie.

lovely_jenny

sarNie Egg
actually ST Universal is also the same as All Pro Production, just that he changed it, but no now they dont dubb movies anymore but they only make hmong movies now.. Su Thao, the producer is like working with Lee Xiong, the lady that plays in Mob Niam Yau with Cha Bee Thao... they have always worked together in the past, but now most of everything is usually Lee's project when it comes to movies.. but i dont think she is making a lot of movies now like back then.... plus she lives in Minnesota... but Su Thao's office is located at Olive, but now he's making his office as a place for medicine.. but he still sells his old movies though and songs....

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
All Pro production is by Su Thao and yes like all u say Su Thao and Lee Xiong are working 2gether...and i forgot but i heard she will be having a new movie coming this July with the girl in Npauj Npaim Lub Kua Muag (i think i forgot, maybe it's another girl) and the guy is in Herrs video production Tub Nplis or something where he is marry to dawb thoj and the cousin wanted to marry her and poke tub nplis's eyes or something...

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
ok so i dont get why or how did Su Thao got himself in trouble? remember there who to be this whole controversy about him. and alot of people were hating on him. what did he do? i never got it

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
well im not sure myself but i heard many rumors saying that they accused him of poisioning pao thao? idk...

if-only

sarNie Hatchling
well that i never heard of. poisoning pao thao? you mean the actor poj thoj that was really famous and die all of the sudden?

mly

sarNie Hatchling
well im not sure myself but i heard many rumors saying that they accused him of poisioning pao thao? idk...
I haven't heard that one, I heard that it might have been PT's wife and the guy driving with them or something.

minankumo

sarNie Adult
i heard that (sue thao) he told pao thao's wife to poison pao thao so he can take her to america thats y pao's wife poison him. After that he did not take her to america, b/c she want to bring her 2 kids with her.

PajHavZoov

sarNie Hatchling
i heard that he couldnt go to thailand anymore but i dont get why
This is old news, almost 10 years old...but basically when Pov Thoj passed away mysteriously in January of 1999, rumors circulated that perhaps Su Thao had a role in his death. Of course, Su is a public Hmong figure and ppl say all sorts of sh!t about well-known people all the time. I guess you can understand why people would speculate, but I think it's kinda a whole load of BS... If you've seen Pov Thoj's last movie, "Txhob Yuam Kev Hlub", his wife is in it as the cousin of the girl he likes. She's not all that...certainly not worth Su Thao destroying his biggest source of $$$ over. If anything, it would be business-motivated, not for a woman. I do find it ironic that Pov's brothers (especially Coob) who have such good voices (tho not as good as Pov's) have avoided business with Su Thao.

Pov Thoj was young (just turned 26 when he died), charismatic, and had the sweetest voice ever...After he died, all those other similar sounding artists came out (Tub Xyooj, Pov Lis, etc...)For all we know, his death may have been just simply a terrible tragic accident...or not. Who knows? But because he died under "mysterious" circumstances and no autopsy was ever performed, people like to talk about conspiracy theories. He left behind an all-too brief legacy but his voice will grace the world forever. Hopefully one day the truth will come out and people can finally lay all these rumors/conspiracy to rest.

As for Su Thao, his business hasn't been the same ever since...He hasn't really taken on any contract artists the way he did in the 90s with Luj Yaj, Maiv Muas, and Pov Thoj. I gotta give him props tho...he's a brilliant businessman and he knows who can sing and who can't.

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
dang, pov thoj will always be a legend and a household name. like elvis, POV THOJ HASNT LEFT THE BUILDING because his music will live on forever. i love his voice and i havent heard another singer that can sing with such a powerful yet sweet voice like he does.

anyways back to the topic, one of my favorite hmong thailand movie was produced by su thao and lee xiong. kua muag ntsav something (its a year). starring tshaus hawj and i think kooj cheng xiong. he was hot, she was pretty, they were such a cute couple unfortunately they didnt hook up after the movie. damn he was hott i would marry him in instant too.

gloria

sarNie Juvenile
well, you know how hmong people like to talk sh** all the time..especially accusing others of killing this person or that person..i've grown up knowing su thao and he's like an uncle to me..a brilliant man indeed but because of all the rumors that spread about him killing pov thoj he decided to lay low..its stupid..his studio was one of the best translating studio...

well, he's not doing much anymore. i don't think he's working with lee xiong anymore either..he's just been traveling trying to start a medicine business i believe..he also started producing grains from thailand too..odd but true..in fact, i have some in my kitchen..:D

leek18

sarNie Adult
i remember that movie and yeah pov thoj wife was in that movie and she was the fat one and she play the nas ej friends and you guys say that Su Thao poison Pov Thoj and i always think that he died in the movie by a gun when they shoot him and am i right or wrong.

This is old news, almost 10 years old...but basically when Pov Thoj passed away mysteriously in January of 1999, rumors circulated that perhaps Su Thao had a role in his death. Of course, Su is a public Hmong figure and ppl say all sorts of sh!t about well-known people all the time. I guess you can understand why people would speculate, but I think it's kinda a whole load of BS... If you've seen Pov Thoj's last movie, "Txhob Yuam Kev Hlub", his wife is in it as the cousin of the girl he likes. She's not all that...certainly not worth Su Thao destroying his biggest source of $$$ over. If anything, it would be business-motivated, not for a woman. I do find it ironic that Pov's brothers (especially Coob) who have such good voices (tho not as good as Pov's) have avoided business with Su Thao.

Pov Thoj was young (just turned 26 when he died), charismatic, and had the sweetest voice ever...After he died, all those other similar sounding artists came out (Tub Xyooj, Pov Lis, etc...)For all we know, his death may have been just simply a terrible tragic accident...or not. Who knows? But because he died under "mysterious" circumstances and no autopsy was ever performed, people like to talk about conspiracy theories. He left behind an all-too brief legacy but his voice will grace the world forever. Hopefully one day the truth will come out and people can finally lay all these rumors/conspiracy to rest.

As for Su Thao, his business hasn't been the same ever since...He hasn't really taken on any contract artists the way he did in the 90s with Luj Yaj, Maiv Muas, and Pov Thoj. I gotta give him props tho...he's a brilliant businessman and he knows who can sing and who can't.

PajHavZoov

sarNie Hatchling
i remember that movie and yeah pov thoj wife was in that movie and she was the fat one and she play the nas ej friends and you guys say that Su Thao poison Pov Thoj and i always think that he died in the movie by a gun when they shoot him and am i right or wrong.
No, Pov Thoj did not die from a gun shot like in the movie...He did another music video appearance after that. He died supposedly in a car accident...

Mae

sarNie Adult
I sure remember those good days of Pov Thoj, Xyum Xyooj, Viv Thoj and Luj Yaj's music videos...i actually miss those times....as for Su Thao, I heard all the rumors of poisoning and everything else too...but no one really knows the truth, as well all know how fast rumors fly in our Hmong communities...no matter what Pov Thoj will always be a legend and it's unfortunate he had such a mysterious death right when his career was blasting fame in all directions....ever since Pov Thoj's tragic death, singers who used to sing with him such as Xyum Xyooj and Viv Thoj also stopped singing for Su Thao including the legendary Luj Yaj...Luj Yaj has gone on to produce with Herr's Video Production, but Xyum Xyooj and Viv Thoj just stopped in general, it makes me wonder what led them to stop too....i was a huge fan of Xyum Xyooj and Pov Thoj...i don't want to assume anything and condemn the rumor of Su Thao in relations to Pov Thoj's death, but i too want to know the truth....

lovebird_tmi

sarNie Hatchling
my fave Dubbed movie from ST Universal was a thai movie.... they called it "Koom Ib Siab"

Anyone have it??? i'm willing to pay for it. It stars Jintara Sukkapat (Nong Da) but i don't know who the p'ek is.
the storyline goes like this: p'ek is poor, n'ek is rich. they go to school together and are bf/gf. he's got a dorky chunky friend that likes to take him to "disco". p'ek's got killer headaches... so bad that he passes out. eventually, n'ek is diagnosed w/ a heart condition. when p'ek goes to the hospital for his headaches... n'ek goes for her heart condition, and at the end... she's in a w/c grasping her heart cuz she got a heart transplant, at p'ek's funeral.... she has his heart.