[Solved] Old Thai Boran Lakorn!

P'SweetXin

sarNie Hatchling
I used to be a big fan of boran lakorns or Thai Fantasy Lakorn and still is. There was always one series that I've never known the name of. All I remember is the Prince married many wifes and he blows a flute. His first wife was a Nyak, but he ran away from her and married a mermaid, human girl and etc. If anyone know what I am talking about, please tell me the title of the boran lakorn. :) Thank you!

Cr. To BoonShoes on FB. Khop Kun Mak Ka! Your post made me remember this series, but I have no clue what lakorn is it.... Hopefully this can help some people remember.:(Page Name: Partida. (This guy's artwork are all base on thai boran lakorns. The way he draw~ thai princesses are also really beautiful, so go on &check it out.:icon12::)

sarN

sarNie Granny
The only thing that irritates me about Boran lakorn, is that the Prince having multiple wifes !!! It ruins your romantic fantasy in a way LOL -- that's why Disney is my idea Prince Charming, he appears at the end after all the drama , then happy ever after ^^^ I believe it's 'Phra Apai Mani' two prince was send out to be train magical power or whatever you call it lol , they got separated, the oldest prince was captured by a female giant that live under the seas & they live together for many years & have a son & she prevent him from leaving the under sea world until one day he discover her true form & escape with the help of a female mermaid. It was actually SAD b/c the giant loved him but he was force to kill her w/ the flute sound b/c she was determine to kill everyone that was holding her back . Even though he cry & said they can't be together b/c they are different BUT yet he end up having an affair w/the mermaid girl & got her pregnant --- not sure how that happened below her waist is a fish tail LOL. Anywho , he left the ocean b/c he have to search for his brother , some adventure, end up married a princess in a trouble kingdom & then was captured by the enemy & the Princess of the enemy happen to fall in love w/him lol

P'SweetXin

sarNie Hatchling
Omg thank you! I believe the cast that I am finding is an older version (60's-90's) and it was a long episode lakorn. :)

I did some research on the title and found a similiar summary too. :)
Phra Aphai Manee (Kramon) and his brother Srisuwan come back to their home town but their boat strands on a remote island. They come back from studying abroad. A lady giant ("YAK" - ยักษ์) abducts Kramon because he plays music so well that she loves him immediately. Kramon becomes her husband. The lady giant changes her shape into a beautiful lady and finally gets pregnant. A boy is born and is called Sinsamut. Kramon is missing his family and never gets full confidence from his giant wife who always closes the heavy stone door when going out of the cave for looking for food. His son is human but with the strength of a giant. Following a scary nightmare, the lady giant goes to pray during 3 days in order to ease the gods. Meanwhile the son opens the door and both escape from the cavern. A beautiful mermaid and her parents bring them to a far island but the lady giant, after 3 days, chases after them. A local yogi helps them to chase the lady giant but she takes revenge by killing the mermaid's parents. A love story starts with the mermaid. She becomes pregnant also (she will have later a son called Sudsakorn but it is another story) Kramon becomes a monk to pay for his bad deeds. It is impossible to quit the island. One day, a boat is coming with a King and his daughter. Kramon decides to leave the island and brings his son to the kingdom. He promises to come back for the mermaid. On the way back, the lady giant sinks the boat. Kramon believes Sinsamut has drowned and he refuses to go back with his former wife despite her tears and longing requests as giants and humans cannot live together. She prefers to die instead of leaving her. Her heart breaks following sad music played by Kramon. He promises to live with her during next life when she will be reincarnated as a human. The son cannot prevent his mother death in time. This film is based on a story from Phra Aphai Mani, an epic poem by Sunthorn Phu. Credit to Thaiworldview.com.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
No problem, I'm assuming it is this one though lol.

@sarN LMAO at the mermaid lady being pregnant.. I don't want to know how it happened either but this is a boran or fantasy lol.... anything can happen .. :risas3: but yeah.. I'm annoyed of the p'ek having multiple wives too in these borans. Sure it was considered "normal" but... I still dislike it.. ughhh... :mad:

sarN

sarNie Granny
And u know what else so funny beside how in the world he undress her tail but how in the world she give birth w/o the baby fall thur the sag lol , lucky the yogi was there when she was going thur labor & did some magic & the baby appear in his arm LOL spare her the childbirth pain though.