Soft Sub

Captainlover

sarNie Elites
Can someone please help me i wonder what do u have to do to play soft sub and what programs do u need to play it. can someone please tell me.

thanks u so much

darvil

sarNie Adult
Captainlover said:
Can someone please help me i wonder what do u have to do to play soft sub and what programs do u need to play it. can someone please tell me.

thanks u so much
[post="106065"][/post]​
There are 2 ways which I do.

One way is to download vobsub and install it. You then play a video file with subtitle file (same name IE movie.avi and movie.srt) and the subtitle should load whichever player you have.

Another way to do is to download BSplayer and install it. Open the video file with BSplayer (obviously the same thing with the name) and the subtitle should load automatically. BSplayer loads subtitles natively.

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
Captainlover, here's VOBSUB 2.23 that I've uploaded for a few peeps earlier, but the link is still active ^_^

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xqlu9k

Like Darvil has mentioned, dont forget to save video and subtitle files with the same filename. It'll help you with viewing it in BS Players and others...also when you burn.

Captainlover

sarNie Elites
sorry but i don't know how to work this.

I got the Vobsub install so what do i do in order to view the movie?

sorry i'm still learning

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
View the movie? You mean watch the movie with the subtitle right?

IF, you have already saved the video and subtitle with the same fiename; then you can just simply click on the video file and the subtitle will automatically load.

Example:

(video file): Lakorn~1.avi (or whatever format it is in...wmv, asf, etc)

(subtitle file): Lakorn~1.srt (or whatever format it is in...sub, idx, etc.)

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
BS player, Media Player Classic, Video Lan Client, Windows Media Player 10, and Real Player all works for me.

There might be others too that I have left out, but these are the ones that I've used and works really well with video files with separate subtitles ^_^

Captainlover

sarNie Elites
I use Window Media Player 10 and howcome it doesn't work.

Did i do something wrong?

this is what i did.
I just open up vobsub and open the movie on there and the subtitles show up on it then i save it as the same name and open it on window media but it doesn't work so did i do something wrong?

thanks

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
Once you've installed VOBSUB, you dont need to open it...it's just a tool that allows you to view the video with the separate subtitles. Ehhh...I'm sure it does more than that, but for now:

First, same file name, you got that right?

Second, open the video file and subtitle will automatically load.

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
Captainlover said:
I don't have BS player.  can someone upload it for me.  and one thing it need to be free.
[post="106668"][/post]​
LOL...Captainlover, here's BS PLAYER PRO...it's not free...

BUT, I've included the Key Generator (As for "username" just put whatever in and click "generate" the keys will appear) with it...so ya, it's now FREE for you :p

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ejqd6i

Hmmm...here are some Keys for you, just in case you ran into some problems with the Key Gen. :

4B83214EF59C2EC9F0FE4B9C09682EC8D379

4683214F0C8523DD1917468554F623DC3A90

7D83214F7F12184AE1C77D12EEBF184BC240

ENJOY!!! B)

Captainlover

sarNie Elites
sorry having problems again. Howcome i can't open the file on BS Player? Sorry i'm learning how to play these soft sub thing.
i know i must be doing something wrong but i don't know what is it would someone please help me. this is harder then i thought it would be.

Oh and about the BS player key thing. for the name i just put down Captainlover and the i just click Generator is that all i need to do. but i install the player before doing that though. is it still right?
thanks u so much :D

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
LOL...yeah, you can put any name you want...doesnt really matter because it just needs it to take the space so that you can "generate" the key.

OK, you've installed it and everything right? Then you went to generate your key? Did you register?

Hmmm...you see those "ICONS" above the "play, stop, pause, etc." buttons? On the 7th Icon, you can press that to load your subtitle if you are having problems.

But, for the subtitles to show up, again, video and subtitle files should have the same filename. As for me, all I have to do is click on the file and my subtitles automatically shows up.

LOL...maybe we need a one-one chat :unsure:

Captainlover

sarNie Elites
should there be 2 files? so one is the video file and other one is subtitle file but then u said that they should be the same name but then wouldn't it replace the file before that.

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
Captainlover said:
should there be 2 files? so one is the video file and other one is subtitle file but then u said that they should be the same name but then wouldn't it replace the file before that.
[post="107231"][/post]​
YEPPPP!!!! TWO separate files...one is the video file and the other is the subtitle file.

NO, it would not replace the file....hmmm, tell me one of the video with the subtitle that you are trying to watch and also the file extensions of both (video and subtitle).

I'll show you an example of how to save it and you can save it the way I've saved it to test it out....then you'll see... ^_^