SING! SING! SING!

yunyun

sarNie Egg
wow...
you guys all seem so talented....
too bad i can't read those lyrics i can only read the easy words i always see...@_@
you girls seem to be haven fun...this is cool...i love singing too...but...not soo sure about my voice...x_x
i'll be cheering you girls on...^__^

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
WAIT UP Ya'll ...
The lyrics is in a process right now at microsoft typing...lol...i alwase handwritten them that's why it gottah takes me a while.

be patient...

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
So my question is this......do you girls think it is offensive to use the word "Txiv Dev"? I feel that the word is just a word, but others might get offended by it.

Txiv Dev

Nws hnav khaub ncaws

Cob cob xub

Coj saws ci nplab

Nrog lub tsom iav dub

Oh lub qhov muag

Ntsia ntsoov txhua tus

Xav nrhiav dua tus tshiab

Los deev nwssiab…Txua mo…s txua hnub

Uh o niag txiv dev tsov ntawv lau

Ah ha nws tseem siv pib dua ib taj
Thaum twg nws mam li paub

Niag neeg zoo li ntawv

Tsis muaj leej twg xav tau

Txog twg los muaj…. thaum twg

Dag rau tus ub tus no

Tias nws… yuav hlub
Thaum nws siv tag …

Ces muab luag tso

Ua txuj tsis paub

Thiab rog…. nco txog

Chorus:

Thaum twg nws mam li paub

Niag neeg zoo li ntawv

Tsis muaj leej twg xav tau

Yog li tias tej tub hluas no mas

Tsis paub hais li lawm os

Zoo nraug los… txwj pwm twb tsis zoo kiag li es

Cas yuav khav teeb ua luaj li thiab lau

(Verse)
Tsis muaj leng tws

Yuav hais thau nws..

Sawdaw vws tas

Vim nws ibleng xwb….
Mus dhau tus no

Tseem saib kawg dua tus tshiab

Tsis paub txaj muag

tsam luag tej ntsia
Uh o niag txiv dev tsov tom lau

(Man)

Uh-oh koj twb tsis paub kuv thiab los

Ah-ha koj yog tus kuv xav tham

Thaum twg koj mam li paub

Neeg ntxim hlub zoo li koj

Kuv xa..av tau

(woman)

(Man)

Uh-o koj twb tsis paub kuv thiab los

Ah-ha koj yog tus kuv xav tham

Tig loskiag tsis txho…b ntxub

Vim koj yog tusneeg kuv xa…v hlub
(woman)

(Man )

Txhob chim rau kuv
Well...I would appreciate you girls help so that I can change the wording if need be.

Thanks!
PC Vaj
okay, so im a guy here...lol and i just wanted to say the the lyrics confused me a bit...at the beginning, i felt like the song was about a player...lol yea i imagined me in it..lol all young n all n bein a player...but then when i got to the chorus..i felt like an OG (old guy) trying to holla at young hmong girls in thailand....lol

TXIV DEV wouldn't be that offensive to me...but I believe that AV guy members are still kinda young and this song(by what i read and understood) would kinda make them seem old, in their thirties, and wouldn't match them much....it's understandable for the girl, but kinda awkward for the guys...

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
okay, so im a guy here...lol and i just wanted to say the the lyrics confused me a bit...at the beginning, i felt like the song was about a player...lol yea i imagined me in it..lol all young n all n bein a player...but then when i got to the chorus..i felt like an OG (old guy) trying to holla at young hmong girls in thailand....lol

TXIV DEV wouldn't be that offensive to me...but I believe that AV guy members are still kinda young and this song(by what i read and understood) would kinda make them seem old, in their thirties, and wouldn't match them much....it's understandable for the girl, but kinda awkward for the guys...

Lol…the song is to be sung by Ms. Angel of AV. The boys can serve as window dressing in this song…lol….

In a sense this is a pre-cursor to Ms. Angel’s solo career should she opt for it at the end of their contracts. I have always maintained that I did not intend for them to be in a group forever. Sure they may be AV (and forever will be), but I have always told them that AV would be the first step to their solo careers once their contract ends.

Speaking of the all girl singing group….

I wish I could put one together…(I could, but I'm afraid of DRAMA...and here's the reasons why.....).

It is very hard to be in a group (especially if you’re all perfect strangers). You have different personalities and different backgrounds clashing all the time. Then there’s the “j� word. Believe it or not..and deny it all you want, but there’s bound to be “jealousies� when you have a group. Someone will always sing better than you, look better than you, is a better person than you and has more fans than you, but you have to overcome that feeling of insecurity and jealousy and be able to step aside and let your teammates shine.

Teamwork is about helping each other grow and knowing yourself well enough to sacrifice your wants and needs in favor of your teammates when deemed necessary for the good of the group as a whole. It is no longer all about “I�, it is about “we�. Regardless….in the end , this very issue will still plague a group… And in the end, only the toughest will survive a group setting. Some will leave because of family issues, some because of financial issues, some on personal issues, or they just can’t hack it. BUT…I also believe that if you really want it bad enough…you will find a way regardless of how tough fate deals your cards.

Lol…I can go on forever about this subject but I think you all got the drift. I’ve learned so much this past two years with my current group. All the mistakes that can be made, has been made by me….

The parental consent thing. Regardless, we are hmongs and hmong parents will want to know what you're doing with their daughters. It does not matter that they're over 18 and can sign contracts etc... I completely understand this, but sometimes they will flatly refuse to let their daughter be involved because she is a "GIRL" and not a boy. OK..OK.. so I really do understand this, BUT I am tired of having to go ask the parents for permission not knowing what they will say or do.... I had to do that with some of my 3 Lub Tooj Npab actors. I would gladly do it again if the person is whom I really needed, but its just a pain in the butt. Because essentially you're basically telling the parents that as long as their kids step through your doors, they are your responsibility and if anything happens to them on your watch then you're in for it with them.

Example....I had to have all my AV kids parents permission to have them signed on board. I had to go personally to meet the parents and explain to them what i intend to do to "help" their kids, but still some of them refused....lol.... I was practically begging them to let these kids sing/act for me (never mind that they were all over 18). But I did it because we were a legitimate company and I needed the parents blessing to do it. SOOOOOO....that is why you will see me or the production managers always with them...bitching...(well I like to call it coaching...lol..)at them and following them around at all their events. Its not because we want to follow them...(come on ..we're old and tired...who wants to go following a bunch of kids around.....and especially to parties...If I don't book AV to play at parties, I would never step into one. Loud thumping parties just give me a headache....lol)...but its because we've promised their parents that nothing was going to happen on our watch..so we're keeping that promise. And the parents know that we keep our words because they see us with the kids at all times. It takes a lot of work to get the parents to trust you..especially when you're all complete strangers....and all my kids are virtually strangers to me...and to each other when we all first met. So you can imagine the parents concerns.

Last but not least...the BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND issue……. Everything is great until they come along. ..SO…if you're a singer/actor, It's better if you're free from any attachments. I have witnessed the rise and fall of many a great singers/actors because of the girlfriend/boyfriend issues. Believe me…I’ve seen it all. Some stories…you won’t even believe.

Like for example...one of my kids ..we went on a very well heard Hmong radio station to do an hour long interview ( I take my work seriously...so if you roll with SEG you better be prepared to have your faces plastered all across the country as well as radio spots when necessary). Some had girlfriends/boyfriends while others didn't. After the interview, The ones that did not have girlfriends/boyfriends escaped the interview unscathed while the ones that had them had huge issues with their perspective partners after we got off the air. The reason why??? BECAUSE they did not claim that they were taken by that certain person...lol... it was incredulous...they got into a huge fight over it , but it was really stupid because my kids could not have protected themselves anyways because the host complimented and asked questions but never gave them a chance to respond properly.So if the host praised you on your good looks or beauty and mentioned that there will be a lot of gals/guys who will go crazy for them , what are you as an actor/singer to say...."thank you of course", You can't just jump in and say.."oh..yea by the way...I have a girlfriend/boyfriend"... Also..when they have a bf or gf, they tend to lose track and end up screwing over their producers. Thats why not many hmong producers (the ones who are serious anyways) are willing to shell out time, money, and effort on these kids. I've spoken to one too many hmong producers who's got burnt (me included) on this issue. So honestly, if I had to pick someone....I would prefer that he/she not be attached.

Fans will hug you...kiss you unexpectedly ( believe it or not, but this has happened to some of my kids) and so forth...and you can't be rude. So unless your bf or gf is extremely understanding...I am very reluctant to sign them on because I don't want to spend a lot of time, money and effort on this person only to have them walk because of the bf/gf thing.

I'm not saying that producers will not sign you if you have a bf/gf because its a case by case scenario...all I'm saying is that if you want to get into this business...its best that you're not attached. I've been there and seen it all...and it isn't pretty when you have to help these kids pick up the pieces after they've got into a fight with their significant others and cannot perform like you need them to...or after they've been dumped or did the dumping themselves...

True..I may be their producer/director, but most of the times..I also feel like their mother, their counselor and at times..babysitter...lol....

So yes...I would love to get a girl group together...but maybe one day when I feel that I have found the right girls then i will do it. As for now..I sit and wait...support AV...and groom my current unknown artist to take AV's spot once their album goes out. And to which I hope, that he will be as good as AV when he debuts next year.

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
thats kool that you will allow them to have solo careers...but will they still be under u or under someone?

They will all have to be signed under SEG for us to support their solo careers. Its a win win situation for all of us because then they can have a solo career and step back into AV when we need them to. Just because they have their new group or are going solo...it does not mean that they are no longer AV. The way I see it.. if the Koreans, Chinese and Japanese can allow their singers to step out and do their own things and still maintain their group ( in the case of Shinwha members) then it would be a plus for evryone. This is the direction that i would like to take SEG. All my singers will have an opportunity to be in a group/duo plus solo careers if they so wish.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
They will all have to be signed under SEG for us to support their solo careers. Its a win win situation for all of us because then they can have a solo career and step back into AV when we need them to. Just because they have their new group or are going solo...it does not mean that they are no longer AV. The way I see it.. if the Koreans, Chinese and Japanese can allow their singers to step out and do their own things and still maintain their group ( in the case of Shinwha members) then it would be a plus for evryone. This is the direction that i would like to take SEG. All my singers will have an opportunity to be in a group/duo plus solo careers if they so wish.
that's true. the foreign singers go back and forth every so often. so will u ever be looking into making another band? or r u jus going to leave it to AV?

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
I understand the drama situation and why you are hesistant about forming an all girl's group. no matter what you do where you go drama will always be right behind you. jealousy is something that we cant escape. however i feel that as a producer/director, in order to succeed you gotta take big risks and big chances. when forming a group, its all about who you chooses to represent you. and along with being a producer, you also gotta be like a body language/mind reader at the same time. if a girl is bitchy, of course its a wrong idea to put her in a girl's group. popular asian groups such as big bang, ses, shinhwa, etc. they were all pretty much strangers too. however, the producers they put aside their fears, took a risk and blam! success! honestly speaking for myself, i rather be put in a girl's group as a background singer than a solo career. i rather blend in with the wall then be in the spotlight.
another to keep in mind with AV is the amount of competition, with the comeback of KLS and various upcoming new boy groups, AV will have tons of competitions. yeah forming an all girl's group is complicated work but there is also many downfalls with just "one" group under SEG. big music coroporations like YG, JYP, and SM are always forming new groups to attract more fans. i personally think that if SEG was to be the backbone of a hot ass hmong girl singing group, that will be a major bonus. Advent Vibe and an all girl's group all under SEG! imagine that, double threat. it takes years to build up a good reputation and maintain a growing large fan base.
there hasnt been major ground breaking girl's group yet so i suggest start hunting for girls while the spot is still available. because now it is so hard to live up to the standards of paradise, whyteshadows, kls, and the sounders.
No pain no gain. gotta do what you gotta do, if you're living under fear, then best put down what you're doing and find other things to do that wont be as risky.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
I understand the drama situation and why you are hesistant about forming an all girl's group. no matter what you do where you go drama will always be right behind you. jealousy is something that we cant escape. however i feel that as a producer/director, in order to succeed you gotta take big risks and big chances. when forming a group, its all about who you chooses to represent you. and along with being a producer, you also gotta be like a body language/mind reader at the same time. if a girl is bitchy, of course its a wrong idea to put her in a girl's group. popular asian groups such as big bang, ses, shinhwa, etc. they were all pretty much strangers too. however, the producers they put aside their fears, took a risk and blam! success! honestly speaking for myself, i rather be put in a girl's group as a background singer than a solo career. i rather blend in with the wall then be in the spotlight.
another to keep in mind with AV is the amount of competition, with the comeback of KLS and various upcoming new boy groups, AV will have tons of competitions. yeah forming an all girl's group is complicated work but there is also many downfalls with just "one" group under SEG. big music coroporations like YG, JYP, and SM are always forming new groups to attract more fans. i personally think that if SEG was to be the backbone of a hot ass hmong girl singing group, that will be a major bonus. Advent Vibe and an all girl's group all under SEG! imagine that, double threat. it takes years to build up a good reputation and maintain a growing large fan base.
there hasnt been major ground breaking girl's group yet so i suggest start hunting for girls while the spot is still available. because now it is so hard to live up to the standards of paradise, whyteshadows, kls, and the sounders.
No pain no gain. gotta do what you gotta do, if you're living under fear, then best put down what you're doing and find other things to do that wont be as risky.
=D

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
seriously. them korean have like 10 girls in one group! if they could do it without little drama, i'm pretty sure we all are capbale of doing it too. and those korean ppl are smart too, train them when you're young. in order to survive, its all about how smart you are and all the stragedy you use.

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
seriously. them korean have like 10 girls in one group! if they could do it without little drama, i'm pretty sure we all are capbale of doing it too. and those korean ppl are smart too, train them when you're young. in order to survive, its all about how smart you are and all the stragedy you use.
I agree with you 100%…lol….. …I know what you mean about those Koreans with the 10 girl groups, but with very little drama..I think not….lol…it all happens behind closed doors…everything is always peachy keen up front….

If only you girls knew of all the drama……regardless of how tactical your strategies are in dealing with the group, people are people…they will be who they are…human beings with errors .lol..

Don’t get me wrong…I am a “no guts no glory� kind of person…..but it doesn’t hurt to be cautious and bide your time. I am looking for girls, but I just havn’t found ones that I feel are what I’m looking for. Every event that I go to I am always looking and listening. Sometimes the girls I think may have potential are already in a set group or are just not interested because they only do it for fun

I don’t know what other producers are looking for, but I know exactly what I’m looking for. I would love to have 3-4 beauties who has the vocal/dance abilities to form my girl group…..BUT reality is…it won’t happen….

Pretty girls with the whole package are rare to find just as good looking guys with the whole package are. And I’m not trying to put anyone down…even my own current group lacks certain things. SO I had to settle for the next best thing, but it also opened up my eyes to other possibilities and helped me become a better decision maker when choosing my next batch of artists..

But for now…I am still looking. And I’m not in such a hurry because I have too many things going on. I’ve got 3 Lub Tooj Npab’s second installment and AV’s album to push out this winter, four future careers to consider and a new artist from Fresno right behind AV that’s ready to make his debut at SAC New Year this year. SO yes I am stressed.

But I will let you all know that I am actively looking for another singer (boy/girl) to form a duo/trio for my said current artist from Fresno ( he is 18 years old, about 5’7 and has deep vocals). I need someone with a lighter vocal to compliment his. I would like him/her to also be from the Fresno area. The composer is in place so if you all know anyone in Fresno, please pass the word on. I need him/her to be able to hit the ground running. I know my current artist still needs additional training, but I also know him well enough that he won’t slaughter any songs thrown his way. He can hold his own against any of the AV boys and is ready. Together and slowly, since January we have both been looking for that additional person/persons, but have no luck so far. I am building this new group around him so essentially, the artist we’re looking for will have to be able to get along with him.

My new artist is an unknown, and he’s tried to get himself in to play at people’s venues without my help…but they have always passed him over in favor of other acts because they don’t think he can sing (its not because he can't sing..its more because they have never seen him sing before...….lol… )and to which I’d say…�son…don’t stress over it, because one day they’ll know who you are..and they’ll be asking for you instead of the other way around…but for now..lets lie low and let AV shine for SEG this year…next year it will be your turn�…lol……..he’s a really shy kid who is very down to earth, very perceptive to ideas and is not afraid to be himself. I know you’ll all like him….

Anyhow...back to the subject....I don't have an issue with any of you girls trying out. I will be more than happy to listen to you girls, and if I like what I see I will make a mental note and file it away.....then when I feel that I have found all the right girls then I will put you all together into a group. As of now...I am just unofficially looking.

Another thing is... I don't plan to stay in the hmong industry forever. My goal is....if it ever comes true....lol.... is to push an all hmong group or solo artist out into mainstream america. It may happen with AV...it may not...BUT....one day, if GOD wills it, one of my groups will get there...lol...

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
lol.....I wish I was doing this full time! Then maybe I could get to where I want to be a lot faster!!! We're still pretty new to this arena and is still trying to make sense of whats what....made a lot of mistakes along the way...but i think by now we know where we want to be and how not to make all those errors again.

Hopefully in a few years we can get to where we always wanted to be at, but until then we're not quitting our day jobs anytime soon! lol...

But seriously....I really do feel on a personal level..that an girl group has better potential than an all boy group. And I will put one together....but it will take time. Because this time I will be really picky....I will never make the same mistakes that i did with my previous group. It just causes too much money, time and effort..not to mention headache.....lol...

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult

hit up chue vang on myspace
he's looking for female singers..
i've talked to him in person before
i think the only big expectation he has is the ability to entertain multiple audiences
such as... slow.. fast.. morlum.. and all that good stuff.
what he says is true..
in order to keep the fans interested.. and to attract more fans
you have to be able to.. or try out different music.
he lives in rancho cordova...
so if you guys are like.. from sacramento or some city nearby..
you guys will easily contact him...

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
SEG, all i can say is that sometimes being picky can be your downfall and dont expect a girl to walk through your doors and Kabam! she got the looks, the dancing skills, and the vocals. sometimes, even you are the one at fault. take korean popstar sensation BoA for an example, i believe it took SM 3-5 years to groom her and train her for her to be where she is at right now. she was 11 or 13 when she underwent massive training and now she's like 21 and a HUGE asian popstar celebrity!. and trust me, she was not not even much of an eye candy. everybody can be star with the proper training and grooming. and she just happens to be the person that they thought was right and trained her like crazy. she learned how to dance professionally and sing professionally. another global marketing stragedy that they used is hiring private language tutors in teaching their trainees foreign languages like japanese and chinese. ppl like them Koreans who goes all out with their popstars can barely make it through hollywood! i may sound harsh on this but i think you gotta take a step back and think about mainstream america hollywood. BoA is so popular and got the full package yet she tried to debut in america but it wasnt as successful as planned. Same goes to Utada Hikara who is also a huge sensation in Asia. With her famous "first love" and the "simple and clean" theme song for the Kingdom Hearts game, she also failed to get recognized in hollywood. look at how others made it and are successful. even if you got to dish out a fortune just to train them, if you got faith and hope in them. like celine dion's manger-turned-husband, he mortgage his home just to produce celine dion's ablum because he knew that she was something special.
also, another advice, how about hiring some more ppl into Scrad entertainment group? it seem like you're running an one person business and its alot of work when you're the producer/director/writer/etc. hired ppl just solely on composing music, writing lyrics, promotion events, graphic designer, photograhy. some ppl may even be willing to work for free!

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
SEG, all i can say is that sometimes being picky can be your downfall and dont expect a girl to walk through your doors and Kabam! she got the looks, the dancing skills, and the vocals. sometimes, even you are the one at fault. take korean popstar sensation BoA for an example, i believe it took SM 3-5 years to groom her and train her for her to be she is at right now. she was 11 or 13 when she underwent massive training. and trust me, she was not was not just an eye candy. everybody can be star with the proper training and grooming. and she just happens to be the person that they thought was right and trained her like crazy. she learned how to dance professionally and sing professionally. another global marketing stragedy that they used is hiring private language tutors in teaching their trainees foreign languages like japanese and chinese. ppl like them Koreans who goes all out with their popstars can barely make it through hollywood! i may sound harsh on this but i think you gotta take a step back and think about mainstream america hollywood. look at how others made it and are successful. even if you got to dish out a fortune just to train them, if you got faith and hope in them. like celine dion's manger-turned-husband, he mortgage his home just to produce celine dion's ablum because he knew that she was something special.
also, another advice, how about hiring some more ppl into Scrad entertainment group? it seem like you're running an one person business and its alot of work when you're the producer/director/writer/etc. hired ppl just solely on composing music, writing lyrics, promotion events, graphic designer, photograhy. some ppl may even be willing to work for free!
thanks for being the one to say all this first...
i didn't want to sound mean..
what you are saying here is true
you can't expect to find people who are just perfect
and meet your expectations
it's not something that comes naturally...

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
like i said before, it takes YEARS and YEARS and YEARS!
if i was a producer, i would
1. hired a professional dancer to train my ppl 6 days a week
2. vocal coach 6 days a week
3. foreign language teacher 5 days a week
IMO, i would hired a teacher to teach my kids Thai. start conquering one small country at a time and gradually build up. since thai ppl have more exposure to hmong ppl and know what hmong ppl and we did have some relations with each other, i think it will have a better shot.
many professional asians who already have a stable well-known reputation in asia cant even push through the barrier.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
like i said before, it takes YEARS and YEARS and YEARS!
if i was a producer, i would
1. hired a professional dancer to train my ppl 6 days a week
2. vocal coach 6 days a week
3. foreign language teacher 5 days a week
IMO, i would hired a teacher to teach my kids Thai. start conquering one small country at a time and gradually build up. since thai ppl have more exposure to hmong ppl and know what hmong ppl and we did have some relations with each other, i think it will have a better shot.
many professional asians who already have a stable well-known reputation in asia cant even push through the barrier.
that's true..learning thai would be a better strategy..lol n im currently learning thai..