nothing wrong with that.
if you really did like someone's music
you wouldn't care what they looked like
just like the people you date
even if they aren't that great looking
if their personality rocks!
that's all that counts
you gotta look deeper rather than what is just right in front of you

i used to know ciajsia in person when i was a lilo kid...so childish and that he will alwase come up to us lilo kid and said "hey~ kid want me to sing a song for you??" so we all lilo kids clapp and listen to him....lol...so funny.......hahahahha.......but its been a long time...i dont think he remember me anymore...becasue of moving to place to place.....so now i just wanna scream!! he become famous artist...so fake to believe it oh well it's not that im dreaming. its real...omg! ahhah ok im out.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
okay...lol....but im just trying to help other....seg said he's looking for girls....but i appologize if i were mean or write it too harsh..
lol..it's okay. i kno n understand wat ur sayin..no hard feelings..like i said, this is only text, so there are no emotions included in it, so others may take it offensively..

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
lol..it's okay. i kno n understand wat ur sayin..no hard feelings..like i said, this is only text, so there are no emotions included in it, so others may take it offensively..
hahhah!! yup hope someone is not disappointed or frustrated at me....lol...i hope there's no user with opposite thoughts and interpret it in a wrong way...
well maybe next time i should come up with an appropriate language to say...eheh..i sure need to go learn more how to type it professionally..sorry folks im not an advance englisher....lol....forgive me...heheh sorry if i made someone cry in here...well if u are already then..come and hit me..or flood in my page..ok..or do whatever to make u feel better..c'mon..do it...now....heheh...im just joking...im cool. but let me know..express what u think about me?? the bad me..
im speakin to everyboby..

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
Honestly...as much as I hate to say this..nkaujhmoob08 is correct. It
is very rare to find a beautiful skinny girl or good looking guy who
can sing...and I mean..actually sing! For the past two years that i
have been in this business I have to say that i only saw two hmong
kids that I thought could possibly have the whole package! And...they
don't include my current artists.

Most of the kids that have incredible vocals do tend to be on the heavy side.
And no matter how much we want to believe that look isn't everything...the truth is ..
it is. Sure some of us are not too judgemental, but once the crowd gets over
the person's awesome vocals....with no looks...the interest fades rather quickly.
I can name a few artists who's vocals I have fallen in love with...but are not
nearly where they want to be because of the way they look. Also...RAPPERS...
I have yet to see a very good looking rapper...lol.... maybe its because they're too busy
trying to look thuggish...lol.....or maybe because I just havn't looked hard enough....

In addition....most of the great singers are all hiding behind the screens. They
don't usually go out and advertise themselves so its kind of hard to
find them if you're looking for them at New Years or functions. Majority of them
also do it for fun and don't take their talent seriously enough to even want to pursue it.

BUT......despite all the hoopla about the looks..... I truely believe in this..... its also all in how you present your artists too. They don't have to be skinny or great looking people...they just have to have that star mentality. It is the way that they carry themselves with
that confidence...and yet not come across as too cocky...the way they dress....the way they
talk...and walk...are all factors that will either make them or break them. So if the looks
aren't there then they have to be able to make it up in other departments so as to balance out what they don't have.

A lot of people have commented to me that I am probably biased because Advent Vibe
members are all made up of good looking people. So therefore..I must like to only support good looking people...lol...But that is the farthest thing from the truth....lol...

I don't have an issue with supporting "big artists", but for what I have
planned for them...they need to be in fairly good shape because if they are not
then they will be too breathless to sing. We can deal with their weight issue
once we sign them on, but they must also be willing to want the change.
I don't want to make people do things that they don't want to do....and I do try to
always back up what i say with what i do....example...

My current duo....when I first saw my first boy...he was overweight. I mean really overweight. I loved his vocals, but I had to have that heart to heart talk with him. I told him straight up that he needed to lose weight....it may sound mean but I saw the potential in him...and
what a great looking kid he can be if he did lost that weight. I can dress him in whatever I want, but then we will have limited choices in clothing.... I also laid out the possibilities and what I have planned for him if he gave me his trust and respected my time and efforts. That was last November.... he told me not to worry and that he would work on it....I seriously thought he was just trying to pacify me... After Fresno New Year...I didn't see him until Fresno Water Festival in May....and boy...did I do a 360! Most of us couldn't even tell that he was the same kid we saw just months earlier! I believe he went from a size 38 to a size 33 and is still losing weight.

We all went DAMN!!!! How did you do that??? lol...So you see...if there is a
will there is a way. And if you want it bad enough...you will make those sacrifices. In addition to that..he also comes from a broken home ...but he has that SUPERSTAR mentality....And in my book thats what counts the most....the drive, the sacrifices and the will to never
give up.

And yes...my second boy also has a weight issue..and to which i have had that heart to heart talk with him too!...lol.... He is working on it...but I think that with his partner having been in that boat before..they both can help encourage and inspire each other to greater heights.

So you see...I don't have issues with people of all sizes and looks....I am willing to accept them...but they got to also be willing to work with me too! I appreciate them and they appreciate me...its all good!

DAMN! SEG..you know how long I have to read this???...humm...lol...i was very starving when i just login here..but after reading what you have written down...mamn, koj ua kuv tsau plab kiag...for real..lol ahaha oh well...It's so interesting that i just learn something from you. Truth, if i were in your situation, i would make sure that person is good shape looking and also advance at singing. If there's no attracted part from a person, who wouldn't care to focus and be glad to support. Get it straight people, sometimes you make fun of people too....ok..i know..i know..mamn...people ain't all nice all time...
i've seen people laughing at funny things...and it still continueing......am i right? or wrong..prove it to me...but again, im not mean or anything. I'm just normal.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
DAMN! SEG..you know how long I have to read this???...humm...lol...i was very starving when i just login here..but after reading what you have written down...mamn, koj ua kuv tsau plab kiag...for real..lol ahaha oh well...It's so interesting that i just learn something from you. Truth, if i were in your situation, i would make sure that person is good shape looking and also advance at singing. If there's no attracted part from a person, who wouldn't care to focus and be glad to support. Get it straight people, sometimes you make fun of people too....ok..i know..i know..mamn...people ain't all nice all time...
i've seen people laughing at funny things...and it still continueing......am i right? or wrong..prove it to me...but again, im not mean or anything. I'm just normal.

it's not what you say
it's HOW you say it

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
it's not what you say
it's HOW you say it

fine, go for what you think. no doubt.
but this is the truth!
Let me give you a samples. There are couple artists were so good and has nice music and i listen to it but how come i still seeing other people doesn't even care at all while it's so romantic! absolutely, they make fun of it and tell that person to shut it down. and said "NO more of that songs so gay." For real! i hate people who do that. so rude. Well, here's one of my experience...there's one time i was so bored and lonely so my brother's friends came over and they said "gosh, why do u listen to sooo stupid retarded song..it's so boring..and look! the artist! who's this? ew..a bit chubby and yet so ugly..why the hell u buy it for girl!??"..yeah that's what they said...i was a bit upset during that time and so i said "oh becuz i like the song, i don't judge by the appearance but why you guys so mean! gosh this could be retarded song becuz you guys are retarded that's why huh.." however, that's what make me feel so bad about it until now. Well, this doesnt mean that i listen to lonely song, i also listen to hip-hop, rock, other, classical, chinese melody, sometimes hmong rap, sad/comedy/love song, and so on...as long as it's good for me...
...sigh...now u understand me? that's the reason why i prefer it the way like seg have said. it's the truth. like i was saying people still make fun of funny things..it ain't good..well to those who haven't seen and never been in this situation before than great for you! hooray. lol. sooner or later u'll know.
life aint good.

Mae

sarNie Adult
Let's face it... Hmong people are extremely blunt, especially the OGs...if you're thin, they say you need to get fattier. If you're chubby, they say you're too fat and need to lose weight... just can't win...

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
^^ true. true.
i hate it when my mom puts hmong clothes on me during new years
she keeps complaining that my sisters and i are too skinny and our clothes doesn't fit us
but shiet.. i think i'm fat. ahaha

SuabCoobThoj

sarNie Egg
The problem I see with Hmong girls and guys nowadays, is that they don't exercise enough. They don't watch what they eat or how much they eat. I mean, you can eat as much as you want as long as you can burn away those extra calories and fat away. You don't even have to exercise that long at all, maybe 10-15 minutes should be fine for an average person. I haven't even seen a Hmong girl who can do at least five real push ups, not even one! Come on now, you guys can do better than that.

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
Nkaujhmooblauj...you're so funny...it seems like you're the only one who cares enough to comment...lol....

I expect so much from my artists because I don't want to waste their time and them to waste my time. I am real and I will always tell it like it is. I may come across as a bitch, but if my artists cannot handle my harsh criticism then what makes you think that they can handle the public. The public is never forgiving.

People are always very judgmental and I know that people will not like my straight forwardness, but it’s the truth. I have to prepare my kids for the real world. If I don’t prepare them then who else would. And if the artists think I expect too much and bitch ..complain..yada..yada..yada..too much then they don't have to sign with me..they can go sign with other producers who is willing to sugar coat everything for them. This business is a very cut throat business. You're either well prepared or you're not!

Because in reality people will point and laugh and be damn right cruel. I certainly don’t believe in sugar coating everything… I’ve seen it done before by other producers and myself and saw first hand how hard the artists took it when reality struck. My earliers artists crashed and burned because I failed them.....so it ain't happening on my watch again.

I am not willing to sacrifice my reputation and my artists integrity by not telling them how it is. I don’t ever want them to come back to me again and say..�you knew this…why didn’t you warn us�…. therefore, everything is laid out straight before them all in advance…and if they don’t like it then like I said..don't sign with us.

Its like this, I am their mother, father, and teacher when they’re in the SEG house. Just as a parent can be upset with their kids and still love them unconditionally, I am harsh, but I am fair….I bitch , complain, and gripe…but in the end I still care enough about them to teach them unconditionally. I will sit and tell them what they did wrong and why it isn’t working. Outsiders will not do that.

OK..so did I scare anyone away yet??? ...lol.... If you're still up to it then PM me here.

And MissMai...We finance everything out of our own pockets right now...and yes..we ain't making anything yet...just hoping that our gamble with our current artists pay off.....which brings me to a point....

I have always told my talents that I cannot tell who the public will like or not like, so i will promote them all equally....and I am gambling on them..(unknown artists), so that is why I STRESS that they RESPECT my TIME, EFFORTS, and FINANCIAL BACKING! HOWEVER......some artists never get that through their heads!

Oh well....some people just don't know how good they have it until its gone!!!....lol......

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
Nkaujhmooblauj...you're so funny...it seems like you're the only one who cares enough to comment...lol....

I expect so much from my artists because I don't want to waste their time and them to waste my time. I am real and I will always tell it like it is. I may come across as a bitch, but if my artists cannot handle my harsh criticism then what makes you think that they can handle the public. The public is never forgiving.

People are always very judgmental and I know that people will not like my straight forwardness, but it’s the truth. I have to prepare my kids for the real world. If I don’t prepare them then who else would. And if the artists think I expect too much and bitch ..complain..yada..yada..yada..too much then they don't have to sign with me..they can go sign with other producers who is willing to sugar coat everything for them. This business is a very cut throat business. You're either well prepared or you're not!

Because in reality people will point and laugh and be damn right cruel. I certainly don’t believe in sugar coating everything… I’ve seen it done before by other producers and myself and saw first hand how hard the artists took it when reality struck. My earliers artists crashed and burned because I failed them.....so it ain't happening on my watch again.

I am not willing to sacrifice my reputation and my artists integrity by not telling them how it is. I don’t ever want them to come back to me again and say..�you knew this…why didn’t you warn us�…. therefore, everything is laid out straight before them all in advance…and if they don’t like it then like I said..don't sign with us.

Its like this, I am their mother, father, and teacher when they’re in the SEG house. Just as a parent can be upset with their kids and still love them unconditionally, I am harsh, but I am fair….I bitch , complain, and gripe…but in the end I still care enough about them to teach them unconditionally. I will sit and tell them what they did wrong and why it isn’t working. Outsiders will not do that.

OK..so did I scare anyone away yet??? ...lol.... If you're still up to it then PM me here.

And MissMai...We finance everything out of our own pockets right now...and yes..we ain't making anything yet...just hoping that our gamble with our current artists pay off.....which brings me to a point....

I have always told my talents that I cannot tell who the public will like or not like, so i will promote them all equally....and I am gambling on them..(unknown artists), so that is why I STRESS that they RESPECT my TIME, EFFORTS, and FINANCIAL BACKING! HOWEVER......some artists never get that through their heads!

Oh well....some people just don't know how good they have it until its gone!!!....lol......
lol..wow PC, u got me a lil bit scared..lol i really like the family idea tho, cuz it's good to kno that under SEG the members of Advent Vibe are always there and they're are all very kool.

i really hope that you find a good girl band tho...i look forward to hearing from them.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult

i don't mean to put you down or anything
you talk the talk.. and make yourself sound very professional and all
and of course.. who wouldn't? you want to get as many customers as you can
but when your finished product becomes available to the public.
it's not what you got everyone excited for
when you first started posting threads in here promoting your drama
i was really looking forward to it
but after i saw the trailer...
i don't know if it was the youtube quality...
but it seemed like a bad quality film
i understand that everything is funded out of your own pockets
but even a digital camera's quality is better
i also think that your cameraman needs to work on what angles they are filming from
based on the trailer... their heads were cut off
and yes. there is time to improve
i hope you guys do..
but back to the whole music thing...
if you are too harsh and expect too much
those who want to join you will back away because it might become hard to work with you
it's just like having a job..
you love your job.. but hate the people you work with...
i'm not sorry for sounding like a bitch about this
since you guys are always being so truthful.
lol

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
i don't mean to put you down or anything
you talk the talk.. and make yourself sound very professional and all
and of course.. who wouldn't? you want to get as many customers as you can
but when your finished product becomes available to the public.
it's not what you got everyone excited for
when you first started posting threads in here promoting your drama
i was really looking forward to it
but after i saw the trailer...
i don't know if it was the youtube quality...
but it seemed like a bad quality film
i understand that everything is funded out of your own pockets
but even a digital camera's quality is better
i also think that your cameraman needs to work on what angles they are filming from
based on the trailer... their heads were cut off
and yes. there is time to improve
i hope you guys do..
but back to the whole music thing...
if you are too harsh and expect too much
those who want to join you will back away because it might become hard to work with you
it's just like having a job..
you love your job.. but hate the people you work with...
i'm not sorry for sounding like a bitch about this
since you guys are always being so truthful.
lol
when it comes to making a film, there is always a whole buncha things going on and many unexpected things occuring that may ruin the whole film...some decide they're too good for it and leave, while others lag and slack off...i dont think filming is as easy as it sounds...

i've never filmed before, but i kno that a camera filming is waaaay different from a cameraman's filming. cuz when u film with a camera it's like there's only u n it's only u who controls the angles and stuff, but when it comes to the cameraman, it's not only him/her..there is also, the messy equipments, actors/actresses, n a whole buncha other stuff..

but about the music...music is about being harsh. there is a lot of expectation in it. if u can't handle it then ur not right for it..cuz i kno a lot of people who say they wanna "do this or do that" but hey when they get the chance, they're like "umm..iono." lol..this is why when it comes to picking or choosing u have to sound harsh and mean..cuz if ur always nice, then ur always gonna get screwed over by others..if someone sounds harsh or challenges u, the best way is to take the risk and go do it ne ways, cuz if u never try, ur always gonna get the "i shoulda" statement...only those who really devoted and really want it will go n do it. those who are just curious n not up to the challenge will not do ne thing.

how i see it is that, those who challenges themselves are the ones who will learn n become better at what they do. those who want an easy going life r the ones who are going to pay the price in the future..it's kinda like college. those who are going will be better in the future n those who dont will regret it later on in life..

lol..hopefully i dont seem like im baggin on ur or nething nkaujhmooblauj

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
but i guess there's always room for improvement.
and about heads being cut off in the filming, that was funny!! LOL!
but, there's always room for improvement even if it's down right perfect already.

i know that promoting singers is hard because of the public,
and because ya know it's true, us hmong peeps just makes copies and download and all.
i know it's not everyone, but most young teenagers without jobs and money do it.
but i wont do that, of course.
my cousins are bands/singers and i still buy it off them.
sista knows the effort it takes in doing music. :)

SEG, what about promoting singers in Thailand?
have you guys thought of that?
i know that it's far from where you guys are at now,
but i think it's good to have someone who knows thai and be a singer in thailand.

not like, Hmong singing, but like actually GMM Grammy stuff.
cause my uncle has this joint thing with them and with that band La... 'Old Gangstas'. my hmong sucks.
but, yah. just something to throw out there. *throws*

oh, and after stalking this thread silently,

ya'll cant expect to find good ass singers with good ass looks,
i mean, singing itself takes time to develop as well. looks as well.

i think a DETERMINED and a HARD WORKING person who is DEDICATED should be enough.
trust me, ya'll may have the voice and look, but if you aint got personality, it goes down the drain.

my rants.

peace out whangstas! :D

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
but i guess there's always room for improvement.
and about heads being cut off in the filming, that was funny!! LOL!
but, there's always room for improvement even if it's down right perfect already.

i know that promoting singers is hard because of the public,
and because ya know it's true, us hmong peeps just makes copies and download and all.
i know it's not everyone, but most young teenagers without jobs and money do it.
but i wont do that, of course.
my cousins are bands/singers and i still buy it off them.
sista knows the effort it takes in doing music. :)

SEG, what about promoting singers in Thailand?
have you guys thought of that?
i know that it's far from where you guys are at now,
but i think it's good to have someone who knows thai and be a singer in thailand.

not like, Hmong singing, but like actually GMM Grammy stuff.
cause my uncle has this joint thing with them and with that band La... 'Old Gangstas'. my hmong sucks.
but, yah. just something to throw out there. *throws*

oh, and after stalking this thread silently,

ya'll cant expect to find good ass singers with good ass looks,
i mean, singing itself takes time to develop as well. looks as well.

i think a DETERMINED and a HARD WORKING person who is DEDICATED should be enough.
trust me, ya'll may have the voice and look, but if you aint got personality, it goes down the drain.

my rants.

peace out whangstas! :D

Hey thanks for the support 'lady_sati' , only people who are in this business can understand how hard it is to do what we do knowing in the end that we would probably get chewed up, spat out and repeat the process again. Lol....nkaujhmooblauj I am not offended at all.. as a matter of fact, I really appreciate your honest criticism . I actually like coming to SARN because you guys in here are actually very good with constructive criticism (well..most of you are anyways....lol) I don't see a lot of bitterness or stupid tasteless bickering amongst its members like some other forums. Actually..I never stay long at other forums unless some people tell me to check something out. I look but I never comment unless I need to post events. Sarn is the only site that I'm constantly active in.

Besides. theres no need for me to defend our actions in these forums because if we did our jobs right then our fans will defend us. No need to get all offended and start an all out war on the forums with people who hide behind the screens....lol....its stupid and tasteless......and its not my style to go on as someone else and attack another for their freedom of speech. If I have something to say I will go on screen as myself and say it. If I don't have anything constructive to contribute then I'll shut up and try to learn a thing or two.

Honestly...we film makers are just only trying to tell a story on film. We did our best given the small budget we have and the equipment that we had....lol.... I have never claimed that we were the best. I have always said that we would try our best...lol.... I never said that the drama was going to be the greatest thing.....people just made it out to be. I did say that we were trying to do something different and at least get some decent looking actors and try to make a go at it.

I think Monstaness pretty much said what I wanted to say.

All the things that you have pointed out is nothing new. I have read it all from other forums. Some of them were even nastier...lol..the digi cam thing you mentioned (sorry to say..but someone beat you to it) to how bad my actors were....to how horrible the movie was.... What can I say, people are entitled to their opinions.....even though they may just have borrowed the dvd from a friend of a friend of a friend and never paid a cent for it, they still have the right to their own opinions. I don't mind people giving me constructive criticism, BUT.... I don't appreciate vindictiveness under the pretense of being constructive criticism by some others. See hmong people are like that.....they stick one hand out to shake your hand, but behind their back is their other hand clutching a knife waiting to stab you.....lol

You can't win.....you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.lol.....

Oh.....and what's so amazing is that some of our fans actually have the guts to defend us on those hostile forums.. lol.....of course they got attacked immediately....poor brave fans....sacrificed themselves to defend our honor.. SO........To those who support us, we appreciate it and we will try our best to not let you down.....but to those who don't like us......what can we say. You're entitled to your opinions.

And yes.....the heads being cut off...theres nothing wrong with my cameraman...we misjudged and shot some in wide screen while others in full. So when it came time to edit ..."Houston, we have a problem"....lol.... But....this is our first film so bear with us...I think we've made enough errors with both the film and music side this time around to know what not to do on our next projects. Its always a never ending learning process....and I thought my film school teacher was kidding me when he said that...lol.

Back to the music......

I will say this first in case people get me all wrong again......Advent Vibe is our first venture....they are not the best and they're not the worst.....so don't expect too much from them unless you disappoint yourselves again. Many of you have seen them perform live and so reserve the rights to your own opinion.

All I am trying to do for my artists is get them to where we all want to be. If we all share the same dreams then we can make it work, but if their dreams are different from mine then it won't work. If I want them to be #1 and they're just happy being #10 then it isn't going to work.

Of course we all would love to have our artitst have the whole package, but Lady Sati is correct.....hard work, determination..and an upbeat personality is what counts the most.

As far as artists from over sea..I'd love to but it would probably be after we get some of our original goals completed first.

Sorry if I offend anyone, but I feel that if you are an understanding person..you will not get offended at all...because really...I don't think I've degraded or put anyone down. No matter what people say about us or our work...its their opinion and I'm also entitled to mine.

If you like our work then support us, if you don't then you don't .

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
THANKS SEG.
i do know the hard work it takes.
i've never done anything myself,
but i can tell it takes hard work just to get people and production to have some faith in you to take you on.

i havent been in hmong habited areas for a looong time,
so im sooo lost on what's new now and days for hmong people.
but being away for so long, i can see what needs to be improved and what should be done.

i notice that there's A LOT of hatin' and dissing out there,
but hey, those are there for the artists to do better and to prove those wrong.
trust me, i think there are more fans that antis in the end.

anyways, just work hard SEG. just work hard.
there will always be some 'mistake' or something 'wrong', cause that's what people and critics are there to point out.
even big american stars have people doubting them.

i would support you all the way. in my thoughts or by buying cds. all the way :D

you remind me of a little lee so man trying to build his little korean music business.
see where he is today? :p or JYP.
as you can tell, i like korean music. :)
but it's a good thing because you can learn from other peeps who've done what you're doing now. right?

keep those trainees working hard!!!! push ups!!! :p teasing.

good luck.