Sarnworld Photoshop Battle Thread

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
after seeing the lovely artworks.. i decided to try my hands at manipulating.. etc.. and this is wat i came up with lol.. ahahaha... it's a good thing i didnt join lol...

i used aff XD.. because aum is missin his mermaid.. lol..

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
Battle # 8 Sea creature Battle - winner ceci

ceci: http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/5199/24kyyaq.jpg 10
nikki: http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2300/posummnf1.jpg 7
anie: http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/7880/atlantisc.jpg 3
bau: http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6927/wallpaperlg2.jpg

-

congrats ceci =]

btw, my fav is nikki's! love the realism in it ;) do participate more ks!

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
aite, for tis week's theme....we r totally trying something new! this is because me n bau are kinda bored with the same old celeb-psing.
so rather then the usual blending and such, we'll be trying out designing.

what will we be designing? a LOGO of course!

Before introducing this week's theme, me&bau tried experimenting alrdy n its really2 not difficult once u get the hang of it.
im not kidding lol its really2 easy lol as this battle only challenge ur creativity. u'll be cracking ur head on what word/pic to use.

Since the level of difficulty is easy, we thought of having y'all to make 2 Logos.

Dimension: 400x200

The first logo must be ______ films (the blank area is the word ur planning to choose. Here's a real logo using the FILMS word by an artiste:

For the second logo it must be _____ studios .Here's another example from another artiste:

The trick to this battle is:
- think outside of the box
- simple is more

--

I really do hope many would join tis week's battle cos it'll be really2 fun. Dont be intimidated by the theme cos its the challenge which pushes us to improve yea =]

Here are more examples to aid u:

SethT

anie's bb [c] D=
yeah im excited about this week's theme. guys like anie said it's really not that difficult once you got a clear idea in your head about what you're going to do - concept wise. hope to see alot of you guys participate.

congrats ceci for winning this week too. i also loved nikki's too ^_^

Mann

Ahhh you girls are so freaken talented. I cant get enough looking at the battles. Haven't been in this section forever since it makes me miss photoshop so badly. I think I am going to start ps-ing again LOL. I really miss it, I will join the competitions too. You girls seem like you have a lot of fun. Thanks for making a great thread ^___^ wahhh. So creative

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
aiko: yeap, any name as long as it comply to the condition above.

mann: yeah, join222 it'll be more fun wif more participations frm members =]

cecilia

Staff member
wow, everyone did a nice job on this seacreature work ..
i love Nikki's concept --- so scary with all those high tide.

Mann, nice to see you here, hope you're able to join it this week too.

LOGO design seems fun .. i'll think about it b/c i have too much work to catch up this week.
if i get it done before hand, i'll join ja.

thank you everyone for the vote again na.

nina07

sarNie Adult
Aw, this week's battle was so amazing! Congrats on winning P'Ceci :)
P'Mannie you should join too! I miss seeing your creative artworks. ^_^

aznsao9

Ky the Star
aww i miss the sea creature one...
oh well, but i did enjoy looking at the others.
all of you did a really awesome job, hehe, they all looked so awesome.
anyways, this week's theme sound kind of fun...
hopefully i'll be able to do this one.
i miss the other two. >.<
and it's two graphics. XD
good luck everyone!

cecilia

Staff member
XD basically i want to attack the realism... it would be hard for me if i applied the whole tail. XD
it looks real scary with the wavy tide .. and the thunder just make everything look so scary (i hate seeing anything with the sea/ocean -- why? i have a fear of sea/river/ocean/lake water -- it just look so scary for me and your work expressed it well.

i agree on the whole tail part .. it was pretty hard for me to twist and turn this and that to make the tail come out for aum too lol..

nikki1786

LizQuen
it looks real scary with the wavy tide .. and the thunder just make everything look so scary (i hate seeing anything with the sea/ocean -- why? i have a fear of sea/river/ocean/lake water -- it just look so scary for me and your work expressed it well.

i agree on the whole tail part .. it was pretty hard for me to twist and turn this and that to make the tail come out for aum too lol..
you did a good job with the whole thing and as usual you never fail me with your color blending, the whole stuff and the color of the tail suits for a mermaid.

jacey got the stock photos for me with the tail, but as i visioned it. i dont want the whole tail thingy to appear on the sea level. XD jacey told me that if i want a perfect tail to appear, i just have to make my own by using pen tool and view the tutorials of how to make realistic mermaid. >.< i didn't put any thunder effect in mine, it was jacey's version because he preferred to be like a "wild thingy" XD

to my opinion i think when it comes to mythical creatures, the easiest is the centaur.

p.s.
didn't know you have phobia streams and waves.