Sao Chai Hi-Tech Sequel: Faen Hi-Tech

kelhipstah

sarNie Egg
Chapter 1

"So this is your secret condo", Nol walked in casually to her condo overlooking the view of Bangkok itself. It was spacious, beautiful- but could have been expensive. She followed behind him meticulously as he ran his fingers through her furniture.
Rin decided to bring him here after much contemplation. Though engaged, there still has to be a line drawn between the two of them. She loves what she does and where she lives, but knowing how chauvinistic he can get, he might want her to give everything up in an instance.

"Khun Nol, what are you doing?", she asked, watching him look at her condo.

He threw himself on the couch, "Checking out where you live".

Rin smiled awkwardly, "It's just a condo. Nothing special". Nol is so unpredictable, Rin doesn't know what comes next with him especially in an all-new environment.

He ignored her and walked straight into the bedroom. She freaked and called out after him, "That's just the bedroom! Nothing special".Her bedroom too oversees the view of Bangkok, but even clearer with her ceiling-to-floor windows. He was mesmerized; Nol walked to the window and watched tiny cars get caught in traffic like tiny ants on the roll from the top.

Rin came in, "Khun Nol, can we leave for dinner now?". She was desperate to get him out of the house, "I'm hungry".

He turned to her, "Maybe we can have dinner here. You can cook for me"

Her eyes went wide open. "But Khun Nol, I don't have anything here to cook with"

He then landed himself on her comfortable bed and casually said. "Call for pizza delivery then". What Nol wants, Nol gets. An hour later after much deliberation on what pizza to order, delivery came through the door. It was almost dark outside.

They both sat on the floor, looking at the view outside the window at night. Both had a slice of pizza each in hand, both were comfortable. Nol said, "This is a nice home. We won't have a problem looking for a buyer"

"Buyer?", Rin repeated. She was shocked, and laughed it off, "Khun Nol, I'm not selling this place"

He didn't get it, and reaffirmed his decision. "But Rin, there's no point keeping it as well"

This time, she put the pizza down. She replied politely, "This is my home. Where am I going to live?"

Nol shrugged. He didn't notice how defensive she was acting. "We'll be married, of course you're living with me"

Rin was reluctant to give it up. It was her first home that she bought with her paycheck after years of education. It was something that she was extremely proud of.

Nol continued, "And we have more than enough place at the house, no use keeping this condo".

Rin looked on sadly, she picked up her pizza and chewed on it with misery. She loves Nol, but she loves her condo too. What was she going to do if Nol and her condo don't get along well?

swirlblue

sarNie Adult
I love your first chapter :clap: . I'm missing the cast dearly now.
Your writing is very good and descriptive.
Waiting for more.

kelhipstah

sarNie Egg
Chapter 2

The condo issue has been bugging Rin since forever. They have three months till the wedding and Rin couldn't even focus on her own wedding. Neeya got Rin to go check out some wedding dresses with her; starting to search for one for her own wedding to Khun Danu as well.

Neeya spotted Rin looking rather down. How can a girl not get excited over her own wedding dress? Neeya slapped her on her arm. "Hoi Rin! Shouldn't you be excited? It's your wedding dress"

Rin purposefully asked. "Nee, did your brother mention anything about my condo?"

Neeya paused to think. Then she continued flipping the dresses one by one. "He did say you were going to sell it off, nothing much. Why?"

Rin pouted her lips, freaked at the thought of losing her condo. Neeya was so in awe with the dresses and shrieked at the sight of more beautiful ones behind the wall. She pulled Rin's arm ,"Hoi Rin, let's go to the back"

Laziliy Rin let herself be dragged. Then Neeya realised that Rin was awfully quiet all along. "Rin, what's wrong?"

Rin shook her head.

"I'm your best friend Rin. You're now choosing not to share secrets with me anymore just because you can share them with your fiance?", Neeya teased.

Rin sighed. "Khun Nol wants me to sell off the apartment"

Neeya frowned, "Didn't I just say that earlier?"

Rin told her the truth."Nee, I don't want to sell it off"

"Then tell P'Nol that"

"Nee you know how your brother is. He's so stubborn", she tugged at Neeya's arm, persuasively- trying to ask Neeya to talk to her brother.

Neeya somehow got what Rin was trying to make her do and instantly retorted. "It's your fiance, why must I do the murder for you?"

Rin pouted her lips even more than before and sighed out loud like the world was about to fall apart.

kelhipstah

sarNie Egg
Chapter 3

The next night, Nol took Rin out for dinner at a fancy restaurant. Nol was mesmerised when Rin came out in her beautiful little black dress and he knew he was more in love with her than ever.

While they were eating, Nol casually brought up the subject of Rin's job. "How long notice do you have to give before you quit your job?"

Rin was stunned. "Quit my job? When did I say I was quitting?". She wasn't settled with the condo issue, and now he's bringing up another major issue in her life like nobody's business.

Nol said firmly. "Of course you're going to stop working"

Rin sighed with frustration at this stubborn man sitting across the table from her. "Khun Nol, it's my job. It's what I like to do, how can you just ask me to quit like that?"

He asked rudely. "How are you going to take care of the family if you don't?". Nol didn't like the idea of his wife working outside when his children sit at home waiting for their parents to come home. He and Neeya used to do that when his father was busy working, with their mother busy entertaining family friends and houseguests.

Rin was getting agitated. "Khun Nol, my parents didn't send me to school to have me spend my life under a roof".

He snapped at her. "Are you saying that you'd rather work and leave our children in the strange hands of caretakers?

"No", she said. "There are so many people at home. Look Ped, Grandma and Khun Wan Ying"

Nol wasn't going to give in. "But our children need their mother"

"What about you? Don't they need their father?", Rin asked again.

Nol put his eating utensils down at an instant. "I'm different. I'm earning enough to feed them"

Rin rolled her eyes. "Khun Nol, you're being inconsiderate"

"Are you saying that I'm not understanding enough".

She answered out loud. "Yes"

He grabbed her arm even when they're across the table from one another. "Hey Rin"

She fought his grip hard and broke free. Rin then brought up the condo issue that was bugging her all along since the day he mentioned it. "You want me to sell my condo. But you don't even know what that place means to me"

"It's just a place you lived at", Nol scoffed.

Rin was stunned, and looked at him in disbelief. It was the condo that she bought with her OWN money. "Yes, but it's also an achievement for me"

"You don't want to sell your condo then?". He sounded like he was giving her an ultimatum.

Rin stood up and threw her napkin on the table. "No. And I'm not going to be a housewife for you either"

"Where are you going", he asked her.

She said and stuck her tongue out. "Away from you!"

"Hoi Rin!", he called out after her, with onlookers looking at them around the restaurant. Nol shifted awkwardly in his seat and quickly signed the bill to leave. He was adamant to make Rin pay for embarrassing him in public like that.