Royal Family

iluvnum&oil

sarNie Egg
Here's an interesting article for the royal people out there! I know that this is published in 06 April 2006, but I still want to share this article with all of you.

http://www.rfa.org/english/features/women/...4/07/witow_lao/

WOW! thanks for posting this, Champ. I always heard that only the brother and one son of the king of Laos survived the war. This is such great news that his daughter made it out the country safe and still alive. The article was really moving, the war really did change all of Laos and the people.

donna

sarNie Adult
that's right. lao women rule haha. but that's good to hear that she never forgot about the lao ppl in laos. also good to hear that she made it out alive

klarissa

sarNie Hatchling
Hey Champ, I'm sorry if i was a jerk in Chat, however I do really like this article. There is a lot of truth to this analysis, i specifically was thrown off my reading when i read this quote:

"...Regardless of their advancement in the workforce or the professions, Lao women still hold true to, and practice the traditional role and behavior of a gentlewoman. We are gracious and poised in every way possible, and most importantly, we are the main keepers of our cultural heritage and tradition. Moreover, Lao women also have an important role in instilling and following the religious rites and practices of Buddhism.”

I think that now-a-days, a lot of the cultural and traditions aspect is deminishing, especially if we live in a melting pot type of society. But it is true though- and I know that with the older generation of kids (those now in their 20's and up) still have a good grasp of that, it's the younger crowd that I"m worried about that haha, as much as i can educate them on their roots it seems like they can't handle the balance between both worlds, but those who do balance between both worlds do have, from my experience, a better way of looking at life. That was a good article champ, i can see why marduk has a crush on you!