Romance on Duty :: Aum/Aff

neena

sarNie Adult
Isra looked at him.
"The first and last person you wish to be with." she whispered, feeling happiness inside.
He kissed her forehead. He slept on her shoulder, holding onto her. Isra smiled and thought of what he just said, he too, was the only person she wishes to be with. They fell back to sleep until late into the morning. The fun was spoiled when Niran received a text message from his partner, Tao. it read:

The witness was found dead last night, traces of the killer's fingerprints matches Sombat's son. Leave for Australia on Monday.

Niran couldn't believe it, Sombat's only son killed him. Niran stood on the balcony overlooking a side of the city. He pondered on and on about Sombat's son, he never seen him before, but Isra, she saw him murder that poor innocent girl. Isra could help with the case. He looked back into the room at Isra who was looking at herself in the mirror, fixing her hair. He smiled at her. He couldn't put his wife in danger again. Isra saw him staring at her through the mirror, she stood up and walked to him in the balcony.
"I liked your messy look." joked Niran.
All was silent.
"I...I am sorry for last night, I should have-" said Niran.
"I forgive you for what happened last night." admitted Isra. "We both have been hiding our feelings, haven't we?"
"I'm sure you know how I feel about you by now."
"I do...and I..." hesitated Isra. "I..."
"You...what?" smiling Niran. "You're forgiving me, so that means...you love me too, right?"
Isra was blushing and Niran couldn't help but smile at his wife. Isra was feeling embarrassed to say those words so she tried to walk back inside before Niran suddenly pulled her into his arms.
"Aren't you embarrassed? We're out on the balcony not in the bedroom. People will get the wrong impression." whispering to Isra.
"Why? I want to scream to the world that you are my wife and you love me. Don't you want that?"
"No..."
"Fine, then lets take this inside."
Niran picked her up and brought her back inside the motel room.

They spent Saturday shopping and eating out together. Spending time today as husband and wife for the first time. Holding hands why window shopping, sharing the same plate. Niran couldn't tell her he would be leaving her behind for Australia. He doesn't know what to expect there but he was determined to find Sombat's son. Saturday evening before going off to buy dinner Niran left his phone on the table. His mother called, worried as to where they had disappeared to.
"Hun, how are you two? Your parents are worried, your grandfather is worried, everyone here is worried. When are you two coming back?" asked her worried mother-in-law.
"Ma, we're both doing fine, your crazy son can't do anything to hurt me."
"Good, I was afraid he almost killed his step-brother I heard....Awe, your mother wants to speak with you. Wait a second."
Isra's mother got on the phone.
"Honey, Dao called us." cried her mother.
"Really?" gasped Isra. "What did she say? Where is she?"
"I...I don't know. Your father is mad, he said he is disowning her. I....I don't know what to think anymore."
"You know father...he's just saying that to scare you. Now, did she say anything as to where she was?"
"No...the connection was so bad, I swear she was crying half of the time I was speaking to her."
"She was crying?"
"Yes, she sounded terrified....I have such a bad feeling about this." cried her mother. "Come back soon okay?"
"Yes, we'll be back tomorrow, I promise, Ma. Don't think too much. Good night."
Isra hung up the phone. Seconds later another one of Tao's text message came through. Isra accidentally checked it because the ring scared her, it read:

Niran, your ticket is ready for Monday. Meet with me on Sunday night to discuss the plans for the trip.

What trip was this? thought Isra. She had a bad feeling about this also, what was Niran hiding from her again.

That night, Niran had a private chat with Tao on the balcony, Isra heard every word of it as she eavesdropped on their telephone conversation. Listening through the little gap made from the sliding glass door.
"Prostitution. He sells the girls." said Tao on the other line.
"He's a bigger pimp then his father. Any idea as to why he killed his father?"
"Inheritance. He wanted his father to die quickly so he could inherit all the money his father would leave behind."
"Smart kid."
"You can say that again."
"Any of the girls come forward?"
"One. Dao."
"Dao?....Isra's sister?"
Isra's heart skipped a beat when she heard him say her name.

"Yes, she brought attention to the police. When Sombat's son found out, he wanted her dead, now no one knows where she is. She's on the run in Australia."
"I'll head out on Monday to Australia, don't send anyone out there but me. The triads here will suspect us. They know us as well as we know them. Understood. We have to find Dao before we could bring Sombat's son to trial. I'm sure she knows everything, she's our only hope now."

Isra was in tears by now. She knew something bad was going on. Isra wanted Niran to know she was there, she opened the door. Niran turned quickly to Isra.
"I'll call you later Tao."
Niran hung up the phone. They stared at one another. Niran afraid to tell her about Dao. Isra angry about him lying to her.
"You never told me...you're leaving for Austalia? For what?"
Niran took a deep breath, he couldn't hide this from her. This case was important not only to him but to her too, he understood why.
"I'm won't lie to you. I will repeat everything Tao just told me." said Niran. "This is the first time I am telling you about the case I am taking. Sombat was murdered shortly before we wedded."
Isra had no idea.
"Recently, from all the evidence we've gathered the only suspect we have on record is his son."
"His son?....the one-"
"Who is marrying your sister Dao. Apparently, he kidnaps young girls here and makes them prostitute in Australia. I'm sure he sells them in different countries as well, but Australia is where he grew up so he knows that place the best. The better you know the place the better business gets."
"Dao? We need to find her."
"You mean...I have to find her before Sombat's son gets to her."

Isra wouldn't let Niran find Dao alone. She wished to come along with him.
"I have to go too."
"No..."
"Why?" demanded Isra, she was angry with his attitude. "You can't do this alone. I must go with you."
"I can't put you in danger!" yelled Niran.
Niran walked to her and took her hands and held them.
"Look-"
"No! You listen to me!...I have to do this...for my sister, my family. This is the last time I'll be able to get through to my sister. This is the last chance to show her that she is loved by her family. She must be suffering so much right now, I have to be there for her. Its my duty as a sister." cried Isra. "I won't be in danger. I feel the safest with you."

Niran stared at her wet eyes. He agreed.

The next morning they went back to the ranch. Isra told her parents about their trip to Australia. They both promised to bring Dao back a good person. The following Monday, they flew to Australia.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
awwwww.....the couple together forever.....super awesome...i love how everything is moving at a good pace^^and they know that they love each other yes!

neena

sarNie Adult
They arrived in Australia in the evening. Straight away they went to find a hotel to spend the night. The next morning they spent it searching popular places for Dao. There was no luck at all. Isra thought of places Dao would go to. Beaches, bars, clubs, everywhere tourists were, they searched. The search turned from 1 day into 4 days. No sign of Dao anywhere in Australia. They worked hard together to look for Dao. Isra was so worried about Dao that Isra and Niran distant themselves from each other, every night they're backs faced each other, awake all night, Isra thought of Dao while Niran thought of Isra.

Meanwhile, Dao was living in an abandoned apartment building on the bad side of town. Day and night she suffered alone. She couldn't go out into the open because she knew Sombat's son was out there, looking to kill her. Now, she thought of her family. Mostly she thought of Isra, deeply inside, she loved Isra but her jealousy for becoming the best took over. Dao, standing by the broken window stared down at two little kids playing around. She smiled with thoughts of how Isra use to play around with her and her eyes glistened with tears.
"October 27...Happy Birthday, Isra..." she whispered. "I say I'm sorry....but you won't hear me."

That night Isra stood out, staring down at Sydney. Niran walked up behind her and hugged her. He didn't want to let her go, he hasn't hugged her for the longest time.
"This feels good, to be hugging my wife." said Niran with relief.
"This place is so big, how will we be able to find her?" asked Isra. "I'm afraid. So afraid."
Niran sighed. "We will find her. No one will except her or take her away from the face of this Earth until she realizes the guardian angel in her life. She must first realize the good life she once had."
Isra had a little hope listening to Niran's words. She closed her eyes and leaned her head onto his shoulder.
"...I wish she'd realize that a little earlier."
"Then you keep spreading your wings and guide her." he teased.
"With your help?"
"Of course, I kind of have no choice, I'm your husband now, your family is my family." he smiled.
She look at him with a bright smile and in return he gave her a kiss on the forehead.
"I have a surprise for you..."
"Surprise? Why?"
"Because you didn't tell me it was your birthday..."
"Oh-uh..."
He picked her up as she gave out a small shriek. Narin chuckled.
"Surprised?"
"...Just a little. What are you doing anyway? I have two feet, I can walk."
"Its more romantic this way, don't you think?"
He carried her inside to the dining room where it was decorated with candles and the table was beautifully set for two. He set her down. Isra made her way to take a better look at what he prepared for dinner.
"What's all this?"
"Pasta...I had it when I was out of the country. I prepared it myself. Here." He pulled the chair for Isra. Isra sat down and glazed at the pasta.
"Pasta, I've seen it before but never had it."
"Its pretty easy to make." he sat down opposite of her. "Try it."
Isra took her first bite.
"HMM...what a taste!"
Niran chuckled. "Good nah?" Niran started on his plate.
Isra frowned when she bit into a piece of hard noodle. Niran looked at her, afraid she'd dislike his cooking.
"What happened?"
"The noodle is still a little hard."
"Ah...I'm sorry."
Isra smiled to him, scooped more noodles and ate it to make him a little happy. They had a wonderful dinner with laughter and happiness all around.

After dinner, they cuddled on the couch after watching a few movies. Niran switched off the TV. He kissed Isra on the cheeks as she held his neck tightly. She was pleased with her birthday present, time to spend with Niran.
"Here's the last present...." said Niran. He pulled out a ring from his pocket. This was the real marriage ring for her. "With this ring, I propose to you with all my heart." He took her ring finger and placed it on. "I love you." he whispered.
Isra was the happiness woman in the world right now. She couldn't do anything but pull him in and kissed him on the lips before he said anything else. He was instantly lost in her powerful kiss. The kiss led on and on until the next morning when they ended up on the floor beside the couch holding each other.

The afternoon lunch time came and they settled in a cafe for lunch. They sat next to the window looking out at the streets of Sydney. A girl the same size as Dao and she looked almost like Dao walked past the cafe window. Isra caught a glimpse of her, thinking to herself if that was Dao. Isra kept an eye on the girl. The girl crossed the busy street until she saw a coin row past her, she turned around to get it. At that second Isra saw that girl's face, it was her sister Dao after all.
"DAO!" yelled Isra as she stood up quickly. Isra couldn't waste time so she ran out of the cafe a soon as possible with Niran behind her.

neena

sarNie Adult
"You sure that was her?" asked Niran as soon as he caught up with her at the corner. By then, Dao was out of sight and Isra looked left to right looking for her.
"I'm positive that was her....THERE!"
Isra ran across the street when cars were still moving, she didn't care, she just wanted to reach Dao as soon as possible. Cars were honking in every direction. This made Niran panic and he yelled behind her.
"ARE YOU CRAZY?!! Thats dangerous!" He went on across, took out his badge and held it up to drivers. The drivers let them pass peacefully. Dao heard the cars honking behind her and turned to see what the problem was, she saw Isra running her way. Isra and Dao had a glimpse of each other before Dao ran for it. Niran wasn't far behind Isra. Dao ran into the abandoned building she was hiding in. Isra stopped in front of the building while Niran stopped beside her. Isra stood still and examining the old building.
"This is where she has been staying? She ran away to come here?"

They both walked inside being cautious of where they were stepping because the place had broken beer bottles everywhere. They made their way up to the second floor where it was much more cleaner. the sunlight shined through the broken windows. Looking around to see any sign of Dao. Isra called out Dao's name a few times even though Dao hid in the dark away from her sister, she did not answer. Dao had tears in her eyes, feeling so low and she really hated herself at this moment. Niran was also looking around for her.
"I don't think she is here, maybe the next floor. Let me go check the next floor."
Niran ran out and went up to the next floor. Isra was left alone on the second floor with the unseen Dao. The sun shined on a window, it was the only window that wasn't broken. Isra walked closer and read the fingerprinted words that were written on the window: "Happy Birthday Isra" Isra smiled with glistened eyes. Dao peeked out at Isra, she watched Isra feeling guilt for hating her loving sister. Turning away from the window, Isra continued to look for Dao, this time she knew Dao was somewhere on second floor, she could sense it.
"Dao...Dao...if your here...please listen to me. Even if you choose not to face me now, its okay. Thats all we've been doing, right? Running away from each other. When you went away, I should have been a good sister and reached out to you in the first place but instead I got caught up in a whole lot of things that distracted me. I should have never let anything get in the way of us. If you think I'm a horrible sister then-"
Dao stepped out into the light so Isra could see her.
"Your not at fault, Isra."
"Dao..." smiled Isra.
"What you said isn't true. Don't blame any of this on you. I was the only one running away from you...and mom and dad. Look at me now, I'm a mess. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." cried Dao. "...I know now, there isn't a sister like you in this world. Since I've been here, everyday, I've been rewriting that on the window...praying for you and our parents."
Isra wiped her tears that were streaming down since she saw Dao and listened to her words. Dao walked over and hugged her sister.

Outside, a black car rolled up. Out came three men in black suit and sunglasses, one of them was Sombat's son.
"Find the girl, whomever kills her first, I'll give you a bonus.
Dao heard the his voice from out the window. They broke the hug and ran to look outside at a flock of men in black as more came.
"Oh no...Isra we have to leave!"
"Niran, he's on the third floor."
They both ran, hand in hand out of second floor, when they reached the stairs, looking down they saw the men coming up after them. Running as fast as they could onto the third floor Niran found them. '
"There you are..."
"No time to talk" said Isra. "We have to get out of here."
"Their here!" cried out Dao.
Niran looked down the stairs and saw the men racing up.
"Head up to the rooftop." he said. "I'll stay behind and stop them."
"NO...."
Niran grabbed Isra's hand.
"Take your sister and don't look back, keep running until you reach the top. Use the stairs on the side of the building to get down. Once you get down, call the police."
"But, you'll be the only one..."
"Don't say anything! Do as I say...there isn't enough time."
Isra did as she was told and ran up towards the rooftop with Dao. Niran pulled out his fully loaded gun and began firing each man that came close enough to him. Those men couldn't stand a chance, each fell down the stairs. More came up the stairs but Niran was getting use to just shooting them, it was getting easier and easier. Finally, his gun ran out of bullets, with the next guy who came up with a gun, he pulled a Jackie Chan move and stole his gun. The shooting continued as Dao and Isra got up to the rooftop. Isra looked behind, hearing the gun shots made her afraid.
"You go first." she told Dao.
Dao was already on the stairs making her way down.
"Wait! Niran told us to go down together."
Isra didn't want to leave Niran behind. She wanted to see him before she left. Niran made his way up the stairs after he killed half the men. Sombat's son finally entered the building after the gun shots stopped. Of course he would never put his own life in danger, he left his men with the dirty work. He saw his men laying on the ground, some wounded, some dead. He stepped over them. He looked up the stairs. A hand rested on his shoulder.
"Niran...that little monster." said a voice from behind him. "He's even worst then me."
"Dad...its the day you've been waiting for."
Sombat smirked evilly as he took off his sunglasses.

neena

sarNie Adult
Niran met up with Isra. He was a bit surprised she waited for him. They ran to each other and hugged.
"Are you hurt anywhere?" asked Isra. Wiping the sweat off his forehead.
"No, I'm fine, but I'll be much better if you kiss me right here." He pointed to his cheek.
Before she did so, Sombat and his son reached the roof. His son shot up at the sky making Isra jump. They turned to face Sombat's son while Sombat himself stood behind. Niran didn't see Sombat. Dao was slowly going down the stairs when she heard the gun shot. She stopped and knew she had to go up again to help her sister and brother-in-law.
"Aw...isn't it sweet Dad? We'll be killing two birds with one stone."
Sombat laughed out loud.
"Hello, my friend, its been a while." said Sombat, then he stepped out of his son's shadow.
"Sombat..." said Niran surprisingly. He took Isra's hand and pulled her behind him.
"Just when I thought I wouldn't be seeing you again, you come back and get into my business."
"And just when I thought you were gone from the face of the planet, you show up again."
Sombat grinned. Niran made a sudden movement but Sombat's son stopped him.
"Don't even think about it." He held a gun up to Niran.
"I don't die too easily Niran. Thats something you don't know about me, I've learned to survive in deep pain. Besides, my son, he's going to run the family business when I"m gone, minus well teach him our values." said Sombat.
"There is no such thing as values you teach."
Sombat smirked. "If I survive today, I'll make sure you aren't able to give your son or daughter a chance to see their father's face or learn of his "greatness"
"Fight me if you really have values. Killing me with a gun shot won't prove to me that you are of any great."
"Dad, I'll kill him for you." said Sombat's son.
"No. This is between him and me. We've been avoiding each other for way too long. I want to end this once and for all. Drop the gun." yelled Sombat. His son threw the gun and it landed in front of the staircase where Dao had been hiding all along.

Sombat took off his jacket and Niran let go of Isra's hand. He wiped her teary face before facing Sombat in the battle. They stood staring at each other before Sombat threw the first punch to Niran's jaw. Sombat's son grinned while Isra gasped with tear. They continued to fight, fists were everywhere. Blood soaring in all directions from Sombat's mouth and Niran's mouth. The fight lasted, what seemed like forever. They were justing beating the crap out of each other. Sombat fell to the ground and Niran grabbed the collar of his shirt, he bought him up to his feet. Niran stared into Sombat's black and blue face.
"You...you son of a bitch....any death wishes?!!!" screamed Niran.
"Your wife's going to be a widow today." he laughed.
Niran punched him several times before striking him hard on the forehead with his own. BANG BANG! the gun shots went off and everyone turned to Sombat's son. He kneeled down before them and fell flat onto his face dead. He had been shot by Dao from behind. Dao dropped the gun.
"SON!!" cried out Sombat. He ran, half limping to his son's corpse. Sombat shook him in his arms.
Niran was so out of breath, falling back down Isra came to his aid. Sombat rocked his son in his arms, he felt what was a knife in his son's pocket. He slowly took it out of the pocket. He stood up as Dao screamed. He ran to Dao who was closest and held the knife up to her neck. Isra and Niran stood up together and walked towards Sombat. Niran limping as Isra held onto his armpit to help him.
"She killed my son, so she must die also!"
"Isra, Niran...help me, please, I don't want to die." cried Dao.
"Dao...stay calm." said Isra trying to be as calm as possible.
Niran walked closer to Sombat, being cautious of his actions.
"You have nothing left. You will end up in prison."
"No...no I won't..I WON'T!!...GET BACK!!"
"Accept it...you've lost everything Sombat." Niran walked closer giving Sombat the last chance to change his mind in killing Dao.
"I'd rather die then... after I KILL YOU!"
Sombat pushed Dao away and went for Niran with the knife, Niran wasn't careful enough and the knife went through his gut. Isra screamed in horror. Niran took the knife out and jammed it into Sombat's heart before both of them fell onto the ground.

Sombat died instantly while Niran struggled to get to Isra. Isra bought him into her arms and cried until the ambulance came and took Niran. Isra watched as they loaded him into the ambulance. She felt light headed and fainted with Dao catching her.

Isra opened her eyes and looked around her hospital room. Her stomach was aching and she ran into the bathroom and threw up. She cleaned up herself and walked out of her room to look for Niran. She walked around the hospital, looking at every door to find Niran's name. She sat down when she started feeling dizzy, she's felt like this before but this time it was different. Dao came running to her side in the same clothes she was in since the incident.
"Isra..."
"DAO!" Isra hugged Dao, she was the only person she knew in the hospital. "Niran....where is he?"
"He...well, he's been in the operation room for the past 8 hours."
"What?!!!" Isra stood up but Dao pulled her back down.
"Sit down and let me explain to you about something."
"What is there to explain? My husband is in the operation room, I must go see him first."
"No! What you must do first is take care of yourself Isra."
"I'm fine."
"No your not!"
"What?" asked Isra confusingly.
"The doctor confirmed it to me...Isra, you and Niran are having a baby."
Isra's confusing look slowly turned into a smile.
"A...baby?"

neena

sarNie Adult
After a long wait Isra was able to go see Niran he was asleep so she went into his room quietly. Silently, she stood by his side, watching him, holding onto his hand.
"Niran, wake up soon. You'll find that a new surprise is coming our way...a bundle of joy."

Isra sat by his side until he finally woke up in the middle of the night. She was asleep on his arm. He watched her sleep, pushed back the hair falling over her face to the side to look at his wife. He watched her the whole night until she finally woke in the morning to him staring at her.
"Your awake." she whispered. "How long? Why didn't you wake me up?"
"My arm your sleeping on is dead."
"Ah...sorry." Isra lifted her head off his arm. With the same arm he grabbed her shoulder and bought her in for a hug. She fully hugged him with both her arms. In this moment they were silent, they were happy to have each other.
"While you were in the operation room I met someone."
"Who?"
"Someone.... you'll love."
Niran held onto her tighter and she climbed onto the bed. She took his hand and held it tight.

Niran sighed "I wonder who this person is, but I only have one person in this world that I love....my Isra."
"You have no other choice but to love the both of us!"
"What? You can't make me choose!"

LIGHTS OUT! THE END!

Well, thank you to anyone who read this fanfic! it is the end and I will see you all in KISS AFTER KISS!

pze

sarNie Adult
ahhhh....it ended....i came back just in time to read the ending....ahh......happy ending....thanks neena....i had a blast reading this n yes see u in kiss after kiss

cikna

sarNie Adult
The much awaited update and never thought its ending to....i hate when it's ending :wacko: but nevertheless, it was a great experience reading it! thanks neena for sharing! your fanfic is one of favourite!

sarN

sarNie Granny
it was to short ! but it all cool ! Thank ! I enjoy even though it was a long await :p *kiss*