Question about Citizenship

LuvLakorns

sarNie Elites
KawaiiTennyo said:
all of them .. besides english .. my mom can't speak english .. so i can understand her but i cant really say anything back ..
[post="3464"][/post]​
just like my little brother... understand mom, but can't say it back...it's sad :( though, u can't chat with ur mom...

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
Darvil said:
You punk!!

I had to wait 2 years LOL.

Finally I'll be able to apply for some scholarship. :D
[post="3411"][/post]​
the process would've been shorter but they scheduled my appointment on finals week so i couldn't make it and had to wait another month...errrrrrrrr

you don't have to be a citizen to apply for scholarships...you only have to be a permanent resident

samantha said:
hmm....that's a whole lot of money...i want to become a citizen too..but the thing that is holding me back is the money..too much=[
[post="3430"][/post]​
if you wait longer...it's only gonna go up...i think the fee goes up $50 each year...atleast that's how it is in MN

K

KawaiiTennyo

LuvLakorns said:
just like my little brother... understand mom, but can't say it back...it's sad :( though, u can't chat with ur mom...
[post="3472"][/post]​
yea i know that's sad .. -=*(

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
I think the best thing to do is go to the Immigration Office and ask them. It might be worth a try because it took me two years to finally become a citizen.

K

KawaiiTennyo

dan#1fan said:
I think the best thing to do is go to the Immigration Office and ask them. It might be worth a try because it took me two years to finally become a citizen.
[post="3508"][/post]​
i honestly dont know where it is .. isnt it call homeland security now?? i cant find it in SF =*(

LuvLakorns

sarNie Elites
KawaiiTennyo said:
i honestly dont know where it is .. isnt it call homeland security now?? i cant find it in SF =*(
[post="3512"][/post]​

Did u check out the court house?

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
Well you could have become a citizen awhile back if you parents filed a forum ? something I forgot the name. But now u are over 18 right? Now u will have to file it on your own and give a good chunk of your $$$! It's over 300 dollars but the process takes about 6 months to finally get your citizenship. But of course u need a greencard...unless u want to call up Dept. of Homeland Security in your state and asked them...not sure...This is the most current that I know since I took a class in Immigration Law last year.

darvil

sarNie Adult
:angry:
anti-hmong said:
the process would've been shorter but they scheduled my appointment on finals week so i couldn't make it and had to wait another month...errrrrrrrr

you don't have to be a citizen to apply for scholarships...you only have to be a permanent resident
if you wait longer...it's only gonna go up...i think the fee goes up $50 each year...atleast that's how it is in MN
[post="3498"][/post]​

For me it was delayed cuz of 9/11 and well they said they had to double check my name or something.. Having a common name like Timothy sucks in that case.

As to the scholarship you're right but not everything is open to permanent resident. Cuz the one I'm applying for needs to be a citizen. It really depends on what you are wanting. So now I have nothing holding me back.. Plus I get to have a cool US passport. :lol: That means no waiting in crappy lines when I go back to visit Thailand or other places.

Bad thing though is that when I visit Burma, I'll need to bring BIGGER bribe for the officials at the airport because since I'm US citizen they'll automatically assume I got more cash then if I was just a Burmese d00d living in the US. Bastages.

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
hahah foa .. fresh off airplane hahah well i was born in thailand .. and i came here when i was about let say 3 .. and my alien resident card expired lets say awhile ago .. and for those who are born in america this doesn't concern you .. now i'm suppose to renew my alien card .. but i don't wanna spend 255 dollars cuz both of my parents got their citizenship .. like when i was in junior high .. and i heard i become automatically a citizen.. and now what should i do? anyone know ..
Well, I don't think that you automatically become a citizen as you had thought. My parents got their citizenship when I was a freshman or sohpmore in high school. (My family came over when I was about 4). But I still had fill out some application claiming my father(parents?) as being a citizen, and thus I should get citizenship. Unlike those that go through the normal process, if I remember correctly-- I didn't have to submit fingerprints or do an interview. But, I still had to take a picture (for the naturalization certificate) and go into the Naturalization Center and sign a form saying that you are willing to bear arms for the nation if the time calls for it... blah blah and then get your American flag souvenir and stuff. I was about 15 or 16 at the time. My brother went in with me too, but no need to swear the oath to bear arms because he was about 13 at the time.

I understand where you are coming from though- because like you, I didn't even know that I would have to go through that process. Thankfully, my parents took care of everything for me and my brother and then my dad just told us to take an afternoon off school and go into the Naturalization place and everything was done!!! I told my best friend and she instantly went through the same process. I think it only took a couple of months.

I think that at this point, if you're over eighteen, you might have to do the whole renewal of alien card and apply for citizenship thingy. It's gonna set you back hundreds (sorry, that's gotta be painful), but I don't think you can apply for citizenship with expired alien card.... because I think they check on the alien card status and the alient card is what says you are a "permanent resident" and isn't that a requirement for citizenship, among other things?? Mine was taken away and replaced with the Naturalization certificate... :D

Not to bore you, but that's my experience. I think you should contact the nearest Naturalization Center and ask for specifics and to make sure of what to do...

K

KawaiiTennyo

BlueMoon said:
Well you could have become a citizen awhile back if you parents filed a forum ? something I forgot the name. But now u are over 18 right? Now u will have to file it on your own and give a good chunk of your $$$! It's over 300 dollars but the process takes about 6 months to finally get your citizenship. But of course u need a greencard...unless u want to call up Dept. of Homeland Security in your state and asked them...not sure...This is the most current that I know since I took a class in Immigration Law last year.
[post="3638"][/post]​
i think it's alot fast than 6 months now .. cuz something about the government of ca.. arnold swertzenneggar .. hahah he was a non citizen .. :lol:

starryXing* said:
Well, I don't think that you automatically become a citizen as you had thought. My parents got their citizenship when I was a freshman or sohpmore in high school. (My family came over when I was about 4). But I still had fill out some application claiming my father(parents?) as being a citizen, and thus I should get citizenship. Unlike those that go through the normal process, if I remember correctly-- I didn't have to submit fingerprints or do an interview. But, I still had to take a picture (for the naturalization certificate) and go into the Naturalization Center and sign a form saying that you are willing to bear arms for the nation if the time calls for it... blah blah and then get your American flag souvenir and stuff. I was about 15 or 16 at the time. My brother went in with me too, but no need to swear the oath to bear arms because he was about 13 at the time.

I understand where you are coming from though- because like you, I didn't even know that I would have to go through that process. Thankfully, my parents took care of everything for me and my brother and then my dad just told us to take an afternoon off school and go into the Naturalization place and everything was done!!! I told my best friend and she instantly went through the same process. I think it only took a couple of months.

I think that at this point, if you're over eighteen, you might have to do the whole renewal of alien card and apply for citizenship thingy. It's gonna set you back hundreds (sorry, that's gotta be painful), but I don't think you can apply for citizenship with expired alien card.... because I think they check on the alien card status and the alient card is what says you are a "permanent resident" and isn't that a requirement for citizenship, among other things?? Mine was taken away and replaced with the Naturalization certificate... :D

Not to bore you, but that's my experience. I think you should contact the nearest Naturalization Center and ask for specifics and to make sure of what to do...
[post="3755"][/post]​
damnit all my hopes .. thanks for crushing it everyone <_< ahhaha jp im on the phone with them now .. talk about a long ass waiiiit!!! my neck is gonna kill me

Rakniran

call your local government and get it done fast. Without green card or citizenship,when u get in trouble..its hard to deal / solve it without that green card or citzenship. They might sent u back to where u were original from...

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
since u're 18 u have to apply for one urself...I did...even if my mom a citizen already..

K

KawaiiTennyo

Linn said:
since u're 18 u have to apply for one urself...I did...even if my mom a citizen already..
[post="3902"][/post]​
nope .. i just called the uscis and they said that i have to fill out the n-600 form and pay only 240 and i dont have to renew my alien card .. ^_^ so i saved about 400 dollars hahah cuz my parents became citizen before the year 2001 the year where the automatic citizenship to kids with both parents that are citizen.. which i was still under 18 at that time .. yay!! =) go me!!! im so happy hahah oh btw.. thanks serenity .. for giving me the link you are the best!! love ya!!!

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
KawaiiTennyo said:
nope .. i just called the uscis and they said that i have to fill out the n-600 form and pay only 240 and i dont have to renew my alien card .. ^_^ so i saved about 400 dollars hahah cuz my parents became citizen before the year 2001 the year where the automatic citizenship to kids with both parents that are citizen.. which i was still under 18 at that time .. yay!! =) go me!!! im so happy hahah oh btw.. thanks serenity .. for giving me the link you are the best!! love ya!!!
[post="3910"][/post]​

I'm glad that everything's ok for you now. It seems like it was frustrating you for a bit. Good luck on the rest of the process.

K

KawaiiTennyo

marduk said:
I'm glad that everything's ok for you now. It seems like it was frustrating you for a bit. Good luck on the rest of the process.
[post="4083"][/post]​
thanks but the process is driving me crazy now .. cuz i cant really contact my daddy uugh!!! =*( imma cry .. i think imma go nap ..

Kkrystal

สุภาพบุรุษจุฑาเทพ
For those that didn't get your citizenship yet. It is now $410. Have fun! I am! If you want to speed up the process get to them around voting season. They wont more voter so the process is faster.

K

KawaiiTennyo

okay damnit i have to fill in the N-600 form sooo many documents to collect so many phone calls looong waits .. uugh stupid poeple who can't understand english yet work for the community!!! arghness!!! dont get me wrong i dont have a problem with people who can'ts peak english my mother can't .. but she's NOT working for the community where you need to COMMMUNICATE!!! arghness i wanan strangle someone

MiSs_Kay

sarNie Hatchling
hehe I gotta get my citizenship too..I'm just sooo lazy to go through the process and also to drive to Boston and stuff..uGh!!..I dunno..I guess Ill make an appointment soon..just wish I didnt have this laziness haha