Question about Citizenship

K

KawaiiTennyo

hahah foa .. fresh off airplane hahah well i was born in thailand .. and i came here when i was about let say 3 .. and my alien resident card expired lets say awhile ago .. and for those who are born in america this doesn't concern you .. now i'm suppose to renew my alien card .. but i don't wanna spend 255 dollars cuz both of my parents got their citizenship .. like when i was in junior high .. and i heard i become automatically a citizen.. and now what should i do? anyone know ..

K

KawaiiTennyo

samantha said:
same here..lol..i came here when i was 3 or 4...too lazy to go renew my card..lol..but i'm proud to be a thai citizen..lol.
[post="3336"][/post]​
well you're gonna need it to make passport and stuff .. so i can travel and stuff hahah .. im proud to be a thai citizen but dannnnng .. i want to be american citizen too hahah so does anyone know what i should do .??

darvil

sarNie Adult
KawaiiTennyo said:
hahah foa .. fresh off airplane hahah well i was born in thailand .. and i came here when i was about let say 3 .. and my alien resident card expired lets say awhile ago .. and for those who are born in america this doesn't concern you .. now i'm suppose to renew my alien card .. but i don't wanna spend 255 dollars cuz both of my parents got their citizenship .. like when i was in junior high .. and i heard i become automatically a citizen.. and now what should i do? anyone know ..
[post="3328"][/post]​
I think you automatically become a citizen if your parents become citizen when you're UNDER 18. I know cause my mother tried to get her citizen in a hurry but it was too late for me.

Ummm I'm not sure what you can do. Why don't you go talk to the immigration people or.. look up the law.. that would probably be too much work lol.

oh yea this is OT but.. umm I just got a letter last week for my swear in as a US citizen on september 13! w00t. :lol:

K

KawaiiTennyo

LuvLakorns said:
if ur under 18 u automatic become citizens...if both parents are citizens unless the laws has changed :mellow:
[post="3383"][/post]​
i dont think it did .. im 18 now but both of my parents got it waay before i turned 18 .. so that's what i dont get.. why is my dad asking me to get my own citizenship!?! that's like 700 bucks including renewal of my alien card.. uugh

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
like what darvil said...if ur parents became citizens...you can only become an automatic citizen if you're under 18...if you're over 18...you're on ur own...my mom got her citizenship a few months right after i turned 18...and i was on my own...so i had to pay $300 for the application...and to get an interview...but the process was pretty quick though...i think i got my citizenship in 3 months

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
KawaiiTennyo said:
i dont think it did .. im 18 now but both of my parents got it waay before i turned 18 .. so that's what i dont get.. why is my dad asking me to get my own citizenship!?! that's like 700 bucks including renewal of my alien card.. uugh
[post="3387"][/post]​
y didn't they start the application process for you right after they got it?

K

KawaiiTennyo

anti-hmong said:
y didn't they start the application process for you right after they got it?
[post="3398"][/post]​
so i cant do it now?!?! cuz i can prove that they got it before i turned 18!! i dont know why they didnt process me .. arghness they dont want to claim me as their daughter :(

sreykhmer8

sarNie Egg
if ur parent got it before u turned 18 ur will automatic become citizens. Only problem is u have to pay for the citizens fee and have to renew ur alien card. That's going to be a lot of $$$$.

sugar

เฟริสค่ะ
When my parents went to apply for citizenship, I know I automatically became one as well because I was under 18, I thought the process was the same in the States..is it not? :blink:

darvil

sarNie Adult
anti-hmong said:
like what darvil said...if ur parents became citizens...you can only become an automatic citizen if you're under 18...if you're over 18...you're on ur own...my mom got her citizenship a few months right after i turned 18...and i was on my own...so i had to pay $300 for the application...and to get an interview...but the process was pretty quick though...i think i got my citizenship in 3 months
[post="3391"][/post]​
You punk!!

I had to wait 2 years LOL.

Finally I'll be able to apply for some scholarship. :D

K

KawaiiTennyo

sreykhmer8 said:
if ur parent got it before u turned 18 ur will automatic become citizens. Only problem is u have to pay for the citizens fee and have to renew ur alien card. That's going to be a lot of $$$$.
[post="3404"][/post]​
i STILL have to pay for my fee?? why do i have to renew it my alien card if they are gonna take that and give me my ceritificate? i was trying to avoid that.. im in a financial crisis right now haha id ont live wiht my parents and i have stuff to pay and school and stuff noOooo =*(

darvil

sarNie Adult
KawaiiTennyo said:
i STILL have to pay for my fee?? why do i have to renew it my alien card if they are gonna take that and give me my ceritificate? i was trying to avoid that.. im in a financial crisis right now haha id ont live wiht my parents and i have stuff to pay and school and stuff noOooo =*(
[post="3415"][/post]​
I'm not sure but I think its not that expensive if you marry an American guy. Well of course you guys are going to have to do the vegas thing to make the license cheap.

Anyway just an alternative route ya know.. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

K

KawaiiTennyo

Darvil said:
I'm not sure but I think its not that expensive if you marry an American guy. Well of course you guys are going to have to do the vegas thing to make the license cheap.

Anyway just an alternative route ya know.. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
[post="3422"][/post]​
i got offer for that already hahaha i do have alot of guy friends and my bf is offering too.. and im to AVOID THAT ALSO!! heck no id rather pay than be married this young hahah if it's uner 200 i'll do it.. if not.. oh man that sucks .. how do you know khmersrey ?? did you do that also?

K

KawaiiTennyo

samantha said:
hmm....that's a whole lot of money...i want to become a citizen too..but the thing that is holding me back is the money..too much=[
[post="3430"][/post]​
at least you live with yer parents!!! =*( so you can save up and stuff..

LuvLakorns

sarNie Elites
KawaiiTennyo said:
[post="3387"][/post]​
y should u do both just get ur citizenship and u don't need to worry about the alien card :huh:

oh does it cost that much to become a citizen... :eek:

K

KawaiiTennyo

samantha said:
yeah..i mean i have money..but i'm just lazy...lol..me and fat a$$..lol
[post="3444"][/post]​
well get that ass up and go do something before you regret it .. hurry.. hayaku!!!

K

KawaiiTennyo

samantha said:
lol..i will..lol..same to you too girl..lol
[post="3450"][/post]​
im doing it right now .. the only problem is my parents is in chicago and im in california is hard to reach my dad and i cant really speak the languages so it's hard to communicate with my mother.. but i still love them both goiiish..

LuvLakorns

sarNie Elites
KawaiiTennyo said:
im doing it right now .. the only problem is my parents is in chicago and im in california is hard to reach my dad and i cant really speak the languages so it's hard to communicate with my mother.. but i still love them both goiiish..
[post="3454"][/post]​
what do u mean u can't speak the language ( what language)

K

KawaiiTennyo

LuvLakorns said:
what do u mean u can't speak the language ( what language)
[post="3458"][/post]​
all of them .. besides english .. my mom can't speak english .. so i can understand her but i cant really say anything back ..