Proong Nee Gor Ruk Tue [Exact]

Kudaranai

sarNie Adult
Oh my god! You reminded me of the dumpling scene. I think that was the first time I was like "Okay, I think I'm not going to like this guy" I also wanted to yell at Kaew for taking a bite of the dumpling. The symbolism in this lakorn is crazy, seriously. "But I'm telling you. If you try these dumplings [Nuthi himself], you will forget about the dumplings from other places for sure. [Por]" THEN SHE TAKES A BITE! It shows Por that she is with the new dumpling, and has forgotten the old one. Arrrrgggh. I mean, she probably only did it to be polite, but still. Dang it, Kaew!

C123, the first time they met..he burned her hand. That was not a good impression for me, lool.

looksy

sarNie Adult
Yes Yes Yes Kudarania, I totally got the symbolism with the dumpling dessert thing too. Bor was jealous the very moment he met Nuthi. So Kaew takes a bite of the dumpling and Bor watched her as she did this and BAM, it's “jealous Bor” time. It's like, not only was she back in his life, a life that he forced himself to have w/o her, but here she was doing ok w/o him and possibly seeing another man, too.

I love it that you saw it, too. That is why I love this drama so much. There is so much double meanings, symbolisms, and looking beneath the surface.

Editt///
After reading Lucy1029's response, it seems that my comments above were a bit confusing and contradicting itself. My intentions weren't to make Bor look childish, but I was trying to point out that he had a good reason for him to act this way and why he was jealous even at the first sight of Nuthi. I felt bad that Bor had to stand there and watch Kaew take a bite of that dumpling b/c like Kudarania said, it symbolizes that she had a new man in her life. I guess me trying to be funny while describing that scene kinda sidetrack my point. Anywho, I gave a better explanation in a follow up post below :)

lindahll

sarNie Hatchling
haha..
I know it's just a drama.but If I was Kaew ,I would broke up with BOR under that situations too.
Compared with BOR and PEE, i think PEE is a real man!

from my point, BOR is somewhat a childish,fragil guy in the begining,and he seems not understand Kaew a little after six years, even thought she had a relationship with P'Putt. so Jealousy!

but I still like BOR cuz our Kaew. She is a strong woman who can endure all the pains by herself and had no any complaints on BOR when she knew that Awn was pregnant. I like Kaew very much!

looksy

sarNie Adult
haha..
I know it's just a drama.but If I was Kaew ,I would broke up with BOR under that situations too.
Compared with BOR and PEE, i think PEE is a real man!

from my point, BOR is somewhat a childish,fragil guy in the begining,and he seems not understand Kaew a little after six years, even thought she had a relationship with P'Putt. so Jealousy!
Lucy1029, the reason I described that scene with the dumpling was to show why he was so mad. To me, I fully understand why Bor reacted the way that he did. Like I said not only was Kaew back in his life, a life that he forced himself to have w/o her, but here she was doing ok w/o him and possibly seeing another man, too. After six years of being a part from her and to have held on to her for that long, I fully understand where he is coming from. The reason I described that scene above was not to prove that he was childish but to show that ever since their first meeting he had Nuthi thrown in his face as a way of rubbing it in that Kaew was no longer his.

Kudaranai, C123, and I stumbbled onto symbolisms, first impressions, and looking beneath the surface and I pointed out this scene b/c there were some looking beneath the surface to as why Bor walked out like that. I was actually kinda defending him. Maybe the way that I worded it was unclear, but that was my intention.

Bor is every bit of a real man and yes, he has his flaws. He is human afterall and the emotions of anger and jealousy are very humanistic. Like I said in an earlier post discussing Bor's jealousy. Bor is a sweet, sincere, and trusting man to begin with. But in the earlier episodes, he was very frustrated, confused, and tormented in seeing the woman that he was supposed to marry be with another man so this was his way of releasing his frustrations and in turns showing her indirectly that he still loved her when he himself was denying that he no longer had any feelings for her because he was so hurt by her and was very much resentful of her in the earlier episodes. He had a hard time dealing with his emotions because seeing her again caused all of his feelings for her to resurface again.

Edit////
No Lucy1029, we would not want to dump Bor. We would be lucky to have a guy that loves us as much as he loves Kaew. The reason I was so moved and in love with this drama is his undying love for Kaew. I mean six years is a long time and for a man to love one woman, and to love and to hold on to everything about her for so long and to never let it go is a love that we would all be lucky to have. It touches me to see this strong confident man who is so put together get so emotional when it comes to his feelings for the woman he loves. The reason he cried so much was that he was so hurt from losing her that he could no longer hold back his pain and tears. How could you not love that kind of man?

Kudaranai

sarNie Adult
Also, while Kong and Pee's situation is similar to Por and Kaew's, it's a bit difficult to compare the two because there are things that are different.

PorKaew is a very long relationship. They've known each other for over eight years. Two years that they were dating and he proposes, (IIRC)and six years after they broke up. I count the six years because those feelings were still here. They may not have been very prominant during those years, but they were still there. Kaew kept her photos of them together (to which leads to a hilarious medley between j'Thoom and Jeng, haha) and he clearly has never let her go. KongPee's relationship is fairly new, but it's also a gay relationship.

Interestingly though, their issue with being gay isn't as big as an issue as Pee being Pipat's younger brother. It was really fascinating. The only person in the entire lakorn that had a problem with it was Pipat. Kaew didn't care. No matter whom he loves, he's still her little brother, she said. J'Thoom, Jeng, Thanwa knew but kept it a secret, but they weren't disgusted by them. Heck, even Putt said she doesn't care what's going on between Kong and Pee. And pa Fong's rage was completely understandable considering Pee outed them both. She was the one who gave them the OK in the end, because she wants to see her son happy. I think this is where the similarity kind of ends.

Pee is stronger than Por, Por admitted that himself when Kong was hit by a car. He said that if he had been as strong and as determined as Pee, he and Kaew would've been happily married by now.

Kong, despite him repeatedly saying how afraid and how scared he was, becomes a strong person thanks to Pee. While he feels guilty for giving Kaew a hard time for working with Por, he feels safe and secure when he's with Pee. That's all that matters to him. It wasn't because he doesn't care about his mom, he cares about her as much as Kaew, but he did choose to be happy and not going down the same path as his sister's.

Pee has never been jealous of Kong the same way Por was with Kaew..mainly because there were just the two of them though..lol. Kong didn't have a Nuthi. But when Pee gets angry at Kong..he still cares so much. "You're all wet, you should hurry and get changed or you'll get sick". That line alone made me bawled like a baby. It was like, omg, how can someone love someone else that much? Because of this, if I could choose, I want a Pee rather than a Por, lool. They're both great but Pee makes me go "wow.."

The way Por cares about Kaew is just as touching, he was so sweet when they were stuck on that island. The loving and caring Por is so awesome, to the point where I get frustrated when he's angry when Nuthi interferes. I'm all "Trust Kaew!" "Believe in her!" "Kick Nuthi's ass!"

giakiem

sarNie Egg
Ok, lets get some more opinions. Out of all the characters, who do you dislike the most and why?
hehhehe, I have a list . And yes, they're actually in order as :
1. PiPatt for killing his daughter, tried to rape King & Keaw, cheated on his wife
2. Putt: killed King & Awn (and her unborn baby)
3. Awn: killed Nunim and helped Pipatt trying to rape Keaw .
3. Por: raped Keaw (yes , he's on the list too because to me raping is still a crime, no matter what's the reason lead him to)
4. Nuthi: stupid, nosy , have none whatsoever common sense .

looksy

sarNie Adult
Pee is stronger than Por, Por admitted that himself when Kong was hit by a car. He said that if he had been as strong and as determined as Pee, he and Kaew would've been happily married by now.
I remember Por saying that to Pee when they had their heart to heart and comparing how their situations were the same. But I as a viewer give Por more credit than he gives himself. Like in an earlier post I commented that I see Por as the strongest character in this lakorn b/c I felt that he had to deal with so many problems. He had to constantly deal with a selfish and mentally unstable sister, fight back the evil intentions of his brother in law, be a mom and a father to his niece, win back the acceptance of Kaew’s mom, deal with an increasingly mean and crazy ex-girlfriend that just would not let him go, endure the problems Nuithi created, and all the while trying to prove to the woman he loves that their love could withstand all obstacles and was worth fighting for. Of course, all of these people, besides Nunim, were working against them becoming a couple.

Like you said Kudarania about Kong. Kong loves his mom just as much as Kaew but he chooses to be happy and not go down the same path as his sister. This makes all the difference and makes it a little easier for Pe to fight for their love. Kong was willing to follow Pe and it makes it a lot easier when both agree to tackle the problem where as Por was the only one willing to fight for his and Kaew’s happiness. In my opinion, Por had no choice but to move on b/c of Kaew. It wasn’t b/c he wasn’t as strong as Pe when it comes to fighting for those he love. It was b/c Kaew wasn’t willing to fight with him. Por begged Kaew not to leave him. He told her that although there was a lot of hate around them, their love was still the same and that it could survive, if she only gave their love a chance. He said that they could work through it together and withstand all obstacles but Kaew refused to fight b/c she felt that it was impossible at the time that their relationship could be salvaged after the murder.

Kong saw the misery that his sister went through and choose to walk a different path than Kaew b/c he saw first hand through her decision the pain of refusing the needs of your own heart. She was his example.

They're both great but Pee makes me go "wow.”
Definitely, we have two amazing men to choose from in this lakorn, which is rare. Where Por is “wow” for me. Pe is “wow” for you. But there is no denying that both are “Real” men and that was the point I was trying to make in the earlier post.

C123

sarNie Hatchling
...It was b/c Kaew wasn’t willing to fight with him. Por begged Kaew not to leave him. He told her that although there was a lot of hate around them, their love was still the same and that it could survive, if she only gave their love a chance. ... But there is no denying that both are “Real” men and that was the point I was trying to make in the earlier post.
i wonder what the story would be like had Kaew married him, and stayed with him in times of difficulties and troubles. do lakorns usually have a season 2? rmb the part when Por asked Kaew to think what their life would have been like if they were still together at that time?

*sighs* i wish there was a PNGRT 2..

looksy

sarNie Adult
Por: raped Keaw (yes , he's on the list too because to me raping is still a crime, no matter what's the reason lead him to)
Giakiem, I can’t believe you put Bor on your list of characters you dislike. :mellow: Of course you are entitled to your opinions. Lets see, I’m not defending him or am I? Yes you are right, rape is wrong no matter what, but we are talking about a Thai lakorn. It’s the nature of the business. As Kudaranai pointed out, it’s common in lakorns. Should it be? HECK NO, but it is and the bad thing is, it seems that the audience wants it.

As much as some of us don't like it, the Thai audience in Thailand does. Remember from the Exact event where they showed the rape scene preview with Bor and Kaew on the red sofa? Well the fans were screaming with excitement when they show that part. That’s who they're writing these lakorns for, not us, the international fans. It's the audience in Thailand who they want to please for the high ratings and thus the sponsorship that leads to a fat paycheck for everyone involved.

Someone pointed out in a blog that Thais actually see rape as a serious crime except in lakorns when they only involve the pra'nangs (the leads). Rape scenes between the other characters are still considered bad just like when Pipat raped Awn. It's only with the pra'nangs that it's considered a love scene, which seems to be true. Hence, the popularity of Sawan Bieng, a lakorn full of multiple rape scenes but the ratings set records for channel 3.

So as wonderful of a character Bor is, his greatest inevitable character flaw is that he is a pra'ek (male lead) in a Thai lakorn. I honestly think that the “real” Bor would not have raped Kaew because it is out of his character. He’s not that type of man. But then again there is no “real” Bor. He’s a character in a Thai lakorn. Yikes, the delema

Note: we had discussed this in an earlier post so I just brought back some points that I made about this subject.

Edit////
Yes C123, it would be cool to have sequel to this lakorn but I don't think that it would be as wonderful as the original.

Kudaranai

sarNie Adult
Lakorns do get sequels only if it had high ratings. PNGRT was very popular, but the ratings were only about 4-6. (I think the finale was only a 7?) Lakorns like Kom Faek, etc get sequels because their ratings were in their high 20's. The fans do ask them to make a PNGRT 2, but I don't think it'll happen.

I saw the previews for Dok Ruk Rim Taang, and p'Oh is in it..so I'll probably watch. I think it'll air after Yak Yood Thawan~, at least I hope so. The story is a little cliche but it looks interesting. I mean, how many times has a female lead pretending to be a guy has been done? It was a huge hit when Kob did it, but that was like a decade ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deOU1me4FKo

songielove

sarNie Juvenile
Giakiem, I can’t believe you put Bor on your list of characters you dislike. :mellow:
I'm shocked as well, but not because our dear Bor is on the list but because he is BEFORE Nuthi!!!! :eek: LOL. Nuthi is pure annoyance.

So as wonderful of a character Bor is, his greatest inevitable character flaw is that he is a pra'ek (male lead) in a Thai lakorn.
Oh~ do i just love this irony? :p

I can understand why one would put our dearest Bor on that list, but like many of us, we've accepted the r-scene as a lakorn thing. It's frustrating to try to understand, but i guess you have to accept it if you want to enjoy a lakorn. I mean, like i said before, i literally forgot that there was an r scene with Bor and Kaew. o_O

As for my worst hated character?
It's a battle between Nuthi and Pipat, but at the end, i have to give the award to Pipat! Like you guys mentioned, he did those bad things intentionally (whereas Nuthi did things "for Kaew" and was such a complete idiot that lacked common sense). Those intentions of his are what makes him such a cruel and ill person. I'm trying to think of this on a clear slate; if i must choose between having to encounter the most annoying person or having to encounter a bastard who always has in mind the sexual exploitation of a woman, i think i'd rather encounter the annoying person. Pipat, he's not a stupid man. He knows how to verbally provoke the minds and feelings of others. Pipat is the core problem to all the mess. If it wasn't for him, then Putt wouldn't have come to hate Khing, leading to her death and the separation of the two families.~~ And there you go, we have the set-up to our lakorn. I guess i can give him props for that. >___<

Putt and Awn almost measure up too. Like i've mentioned before in one of my very beginning posts, i really hate the mentality of the nang`rais in lakorns. They will always blame "the other woman" rather than their man for anything and everything. It's beyond crazy, esp. for Putt how she never came to look at Pipat in a total black and white way until the end when she chased him down with a gun. I guess the real indication here is that one is always different with the person they love.

The poorest character here has got to be Bor, as i've mentioned before, and Nunim. =(

looksy

sarNie Adult
Is it just me or does our thread just come alive at night?

C123, since you mentioned in the last post about the beach scene that made think about memorable scenes. So girls, what are some scenes that you find very memorable and what you loved about them?

Songie, you went to bed too early last night. We missed you.

Kudaranai

sarNie Adult
I do my subbings at night, so I check this thread during my breaks, haha~

For Kaew and Por, the most memorable scene was when he came chasing after her in Rayong, where he sang to her. It was the very first time I cried really hard watching this series. I rarely cry watching lakorns, really! So I guess that's why it's so memorable to me.

For Pee and Kong, it was when Kong had gone blind and he broke up with him. I was crying along with jae Thoom, I was so "in" with the show, it was crazy. I watch it a million times and I still cry like a baby.

Lol, why are my memorable scenes are the sad ones? Okay, let's pick happy ones for myself too!

Por and Kaew: THE BATHTUB SCENE. Do we need further explanations? Teehee.
Kong and Pee: The beach scene in Rayong where Pee compared himself and Kong to the sand and the beach.

songielove

sarNie Juvenile
^
*wakes up* Did someone say BATHTUB SCENE!?!?! %$?#&!@*hyperventilates*$@!%?#

Haha. Actually, i didn't go to sleep early yesterday. 3AM. -___- A lot of reading and scrambling. *cries* Gahhh! But i love you guys and Bor+Kaew, so i'll always find a way to keep up! ^_^

Well, besides THE epic scene ( :lol: ), one of the most memorable scenes for me is at the end of ep2 when Kaew yells at Bor to go sit elsewhere out of sight because everyone talks badly about Khing whenever they see him. It's Kaew's first honest confrontation about Khing and her words indicate to Bor that he is, indeed, an outsider who has caused others to torment her family. This scene had be crying so much because of her sudden blame and the sad and confused look in Bor's eyes..

Pong nails it.

This is just one of my favorite memorable scenes!~ I actually have to go to bed now, i'm beat. xP

Goodnight PNGRTers! *dreams of Borkaew*

looksy

sarNie Adult
For me one scene that I fell in love with was in ep 20.5. I hold this one dear to me so this one I will describe in details b/c I love it so much. It was the ending scene in ep 20 when Bor and Kaew were on the island right before the rain fell. The reason I love it so much was that for once, Bor had openly admitted to Kaew that he never did let her go after all these years.

credit: aomphiyada.com

I loved everything about that scene. How it started with him accusing her of worrying about her b/f and she said to him in disappointment, “I thought you knew me better than that.” When she said that she didn’t want to talk to him anymore or see him anymore, he panicked at the thought of losing her again. He grabs her firmly by the arms and tells her that he is not going anywhere and that he is staying here with her. She then yells at him to leave and she accidentally let it slip that she too thought of him.

I loved it how he had to pull her close and held her tight to take charge of the situation and as he starts to talk, the instrumental version of the OST plays in the background. He tells her that for the past six years he's tried to run as far as possible but the further he was from her the more he thought of her. At first Kaew's eyes were like, “what is he saying” and then when she realized the scope of his confession, she began to cry and gave in to her own feelings and then gently called out his name his name, “Bor”.

credit: aomphiyada.com

He then pulls her away from his chest, looks into her eyes, and tell her that he knows that when he is near her, she has all sort of problems b/c of him but he’s sorry, he just can’t stay away, he really can’t let her go. She willingly hugs him as an indirect way of admitting that she, too felt the same. Then the lyrics of the OST start to play in the background and it begins rains. That scene was so well done. --claps for Khun Boy-- Definately, good quality lakorns like this are hard to come by.

You know that I have more memorable scenes than this. I will post more and I promise I won’t describe it like I did this one. Hehe. :p

Kudaranai, what time do you go to bed? You work too hard.

C123

sarNie Hatchling
For me one scene that I fell in love with was in ep 20.5. I hold this one dear to me so this one I will describe in details b/c I love it so much. It was the ending scene in ep 20 when Bor and Kaew were on the island right before the rain fall. The reason I love it so much was that for once, Bor had openly admitted to Kaew that he never did let her go after all these years.
i love everything when they were on the island!! :D

looksy

sarNie Adult
i love everything when they were on the island!! :D
Me, too. I especially love the tent scene.
-How Kaew was frightened by the thunder and she jumps into his arms and lays her head on his chest.

-I loved it when he ran out into the rain to get her some food (he was so caring)

-loved it when she touched his face b/c she was so moved at his caring nature and the look in his eyes b/c he was so surprised that she reached out to him

-Loved the way he looked at her as she ate.

-Then when she fed him how his eyes almost watered up b/c he was so touched that she cared that he hadn’t eaten.

-how happy he was to just lay there watching over her as she slept

-And in the morning, how he lovingly looks at her and asks himself, “how long has it been since I’ve been this close to you, my dok Kaew? ” And gently gives her a forehead kiss

I still get very teary eyed when I watch the tent scene. Heck, I'll be honest, my eyes actually got a little watery as I was typing this. I was so moved by this scene.

C123

sarNie Hatchling
Me, too. I especially love the tent scene.
-How Kaew was frightened by the thunder and she jumps into his arms and lays her head on his chest.

-I loved it when he ran out into the rain to get her some food (he was so caring)

-loved it when she touched his face b/c she was so moved at his caring nature and the look in his eyes b/c he was so surprised that she reached out to him

-Loved the way he looked at her as she ate.

-Then when she fed him how his eyes almost watered up b/c he was so touched that she cared that he hadn’t eaten.

-how happy he was to just lay there watching over her as she slept

-And in the morning, how he lovingly looks at her and asks himself, “how long has it been since I’ve been this close to you, my dok Kaew? ” And gently gives her a forehead kiss

I still get very teary eyed when I watch the tent scene.
agree! u listed everything out perfectly well! this is exactly what i meant by 'i love everything when they were on the island! i can't write down in words how much i just love the island part!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 i really really like that part! a lot!...

Kudaranai

sarNie Adult
He was glowing with joy when she told him that he hadn't eaten either and fed him. =]

looksy, I went to bed around..5am, lol. I wanted to releast ep 2 of TOR, so I stayed up later than usual. It's starting to get funny..so I'm enjoying working on it more now.

looksy

sarNie Adult
More memorable scenes,

Ep 7 when Bor heard her ringtone, the priceless look on Bor’s face and poor Kaew could just not find the phone fast enough to turn it off, loved how he was trying so hard to hold back his emotions in front of her and then when she finally left, he let it all out and was shaking and crying in his chair…..such a powerful scene and so well acted by Pong

Again in ep 7 when he knocks over the flowers on Kaew’s desk, the way Kaew was looking at Bor as he was looking at the flowers, she knew he still cared, and as he was telling her that she could have any kind of flowers on her desk except for dokkaews b/c he hates them, I loved how Bor emphasized the word “hate” b/c it only shows us how deep his pain was

One of the cutest Kong and Pee moments was ep 11 when Pee casually reaches out and puts his arms on Kong’s seat, HeHe, very smooth and sneaky of Pee, and all the while JThoom and Jeng were looking but trying not to look, I giggled so hard

Songie, I agree with you on that scene of Bor and Kaew from ep 2, after Kaew told him to just have a seat and remain out of sight, his reaction to her request was “perfect” I cried so hard for them both and it didn’t help that the sad music started to play in the background as the camera zoomed on Bor’s reaction

Edit/////
Kudarania, I cried a lot, too when Bor sang to Kaew in ep 4, she was running from him and he grabs her from behind, he was holding her so tight as if he had held her tight enough, she would not leave him, then out of no where he sings those three lines ---at first I got chills then my tears just started to fall----

Kudaranai, Songie, and C123 you know you guys have more. Where's Giakiem?
Post more, Post more