Proong Nee Gor Ruk Tue [Exact]

giakiem

sarNie Egg
I love reading all of your comments. It's just me that I couldn't write down my own thoughts :)) I just keep going back to watch the lakorn and jot down comment randomly , but somehow I couldn't write anything in here . Weird!!! This is so unfair . I want to join the conversation !!!!

Like you guys, I couldn't enjoy any lakorn after watching PNGRT . Any scene from any lakorn could remind me of PNGRT.

I miss White Rose too !

whiterose

sarNie Hatchling
Hiiii! It's so good to see that this thread is still active. I've been so busy over break that I haven't had time to really rewatch a lot of things, but I do try to search youtube every now and then to see if there is anything new that has to do with this lakorn, but nothing :( I hope that Aom or Pong or Fluke or Oh get some sort of nominations for end of the year awards.

looksy

sarNie Adult
Hiiii! It's so good to see that this thread is still active. I've been so busy over break that I haven't had time to really rewatch a lot of things, but I do try to search youtube every now and then to see if there is anything new that has to do with this lakorn, but nothing :( I hope that Aom or Pong or Fluke or Oh get some sort of nominations for end of the year awards.
Yayyyyyyyy whiterose, we missed you. You don't have to come bearing gifts like you did in the past. Just you stopping by to say "hi" to us and posting with us is good enough for us.

I did remember Kudaranai, posting last week that Oh had a nomination for an award for his portrayal of Pe. I'm also crossing my fingers for Pong and Aom. Especially, Pong b/c I thought he greatly improved and just simply shined in this lakorn.

And I hope that the lakorn in general will get lots of nominiations b/c the storyline just moved me and it was beautifully directed by Khun Boy.

C123

sarNie Hatchling
I wouldn't want that, your crazy father and his mistress might throw you off a balcony. =[!
hahaha! that's true...for a while, i've forgotten about nu nim's real parents...i just kept thinking if only Bor was her real dad, and Kaew was her real mum...that'll be one sweet family there...and of course, she wouldnt be called Nu nim anymore..haha... Borkaew :)

>Looksy
OMGosh, look at all the fun you guys had without me. That’s what I get for going to sleep.
i know! i just woke up, and checked this topic, and i've already missed out on so much....hahahhaa...maybe we just shouldnt sleep at all, just for PNGRT :p oh thanks for that, haha did u actually went back page by page just to checked where it got interesting? but yeah, if i have time, i will definitely checked those pages, but then...i would have missed all the fun when u all were gushing about the bathtub scene! hahahaha....i guess when u all were at that episode, i was probably just starting to watch PNGRT, and was probably clueless about the existence of this PNGRT topic here..lol btw, i like that, 'lakorn-less'! hahaha<

>everyone: so with characters like jae thoom, kong, pee...what kind of characters are they known as? they're not quite the main character, but at the same time, they have their own storyline too..like kong and pee...oh and with jae thoom, i like his character, so funny! there's another actor like him i find equally as funny too, the one in 'oum ruk' and 'rak nee hua jai rao jong' but i dont know his real name..hehe

ah...and so have i met almost all fellow PNGRTers yet? i know there's looksy, kudaranai, songielove, giakiem, and whiterose :) <

looksy

sarNie Adult
C123, yes I'm definately going lakorn-less right now. :D I guess that the only reason I remembered those pages to refer to you was b/c a friend of mine was interested so I told her where our thread actually got interesting. So, no I didn't go back page by page to check. :) As far as the other question you asked, yes I think that there are Thai names for those, but I don't know them. I know that Awn's character is called a nang rai. And there are more regular PNGRTers out there that post on and off so you have not met all of them yet. It really is to bad that you didn't watch PNGRT when we were watching it. We had so much fun talking about it every night. I practically lived on this thread and OMGosh, ep 23 with the bathtub scene. You can imagine how we went on and on about how much we loved it and how sexy Bor was. :wub:

Ok, I need some more feedback. Why did Bor stay with Awn for as long as he did? I mean, when he started to realize that he was still very much in love with Kaew, why didn't he just dump her instead of lying to himself and to Awn?

Remember C123, there are no right or wrong answers. Giakiem, no worries. Your opinions don't need to be long so share with us your thoughts. We love to read everyone's insights from this lakorn. :p

Kudaranai

sarNie Adult
They're called "pra rong and "nang rong" (p'rong, n'rong). They're couples that are not the main focus of the story. People like j'Thoom and Jeng are like "thalok" or a comedian/gagperson, etc. Those terms are rarely used anymore, but if you use them, people'll know what you're talking about.

As to why Por/Bor stayed with Orn/Awn as long as he did..I think it was out of obligations and that fact that he believed Kaew was with Nu, thus, there was no chance for him to be together with her again [in his mind]. Plus, didn't he break up with her like..in the middle of the lakorn, but she was the one who kept chasing him around anyway?

PS: Watching Kularb Nuea Mek, of one the characters' condo is Pee's condo. ARRRRGHHHHH.

giakiem

sarNie Egg
I think Por stay with Awn that long because ...he just didn't care . Really . On the first few episodes , he even used Awn so see if Keaw still have feeling for him . To see what's her reaction toward his girlfriend. Later on, he's just so jealous of Nuthi that he totally forgot he has a girlfriend (which Keaw have to remind him from time to time ) . Then, he just broke up with Awn because Awn and his sister started to harass Keaw and her family .

That's one of the things I don't like about Por . He was unfair to Awn at the beginning because he was using her. I know she's clingy too, but as a man, he should let her know how he feel at the beginning. And another thing I don't like Por is his jealousy is way overboard. I understand the reason for his jealousy is because he loves Keaw so much , but I hate men with overboard jealousy . What if after they get married, will Keaw ever have a chance to get a close male-friend ? No men could ever dare to get close to Keaw as a friend ..lol...

He's not perfect. He's still human ..heheheh...That's a good thing. I'm contradicting myself here :)I like men (male leads in dramas) who are nice, no need to be perfect . Being human is real . Ooopsie . I think I'm going to far away from commenting on Loosy's question :)

songielove

sarNie Juvenile
Actually, i don't think Bor is that jealous of a man when it comes to Kaew's relationships. I can't say that he's overboard; i've seen more devastated and ridiculously jealous pra`eks than Bor.xD Remember, Bor is initially a sincere man to begin with. Things have changed from those 6 years of separation, but there are so many little clues that tell us he's the same sweet Bor. He likes everything Kaew loves (remember, he stated this when they were having dinner at the beach) and that is enough for me to believe that Kaew will be able to have male friends after marriage. :lol:

I believe Bor did love Awn in the beginning, just not as sincerely and to the deep, genuine level as how he loved Kaew. He was a successful and much-wanted man, but he didn't begin to be a bad boyfriend until Kaew came back in his life. He didn't break up with Awn because in his mind, Kaew had moved on with another man person. Maybe to him, it didn't matter who he ended up with because he already knew that Kaew wasn't going to be his..>_< And therefore, yes, he used Awn. :eek:

I took a glimpse of "A Divided Heart" (Hua Jai Song Park) this weekend while my sister was watching it... And OMG, it's Bor's office!!!!!!!! There were many things that happened in that office.. <3 I seem to like the PNGRT office scenes in the beginning a lot.xD

C123

sarNie Hatchling
wow ... who knew reading what others think about the r/ships betw. characters in lakorns can be so interesting! lol...actually, i didnt really gave much thought to Por/Orn r/ship (btw how did the name Bor and Awn came about? lol, i'm more used to Por and Orn since i watched the youtube videos and the subtitles says Por and Orn throughout~) ok ok back to Bor + Awn...

why did he stay with her for as long as he did? initially, for them to be together, he might have some feelings for her or else they wouldnt even be a couple to start off with right? as we saw his character 6 years ago, he's the kind who doesn't play around with women, but i guess that's how his character develop. he just couldnt break up with Awn b/c doing so wouldnt make him have Kaew back. from his viewpoint, perhaps its more like 'ok fine, u have nuthi, i have Awn' kind of thing. with kaew back in his life, he is changing, i think? of course his love for kaew is still the same but somehow, he's different..i don't know how to explain that..

then again, i guess he just couldnt dump Awn because he was unsure. there were uncertainties, like if Kaew still love him. but if she did y was she with nuthi..

looksy

sarNie Adult
Thank you girls for your feedbacks. Yes C123, now you see why I love posting these questions b/c it really is that interesting to read everyone’s opinions. Everyone made a lot of valid points. I think that all of us agree on the fact that Bor did use Awn to make Kaew jealous.

For me, I think that Bor stayed with Awn in the earlier eps b/c like kudarania said, first it was out of obligations as a boyfriend. Like songlove said, Bor is a sincere man to begin with so his intentions were not to hurt Awn.

Secondly, like songielove and giakiem pointed out, he simply did not care. The fact that the woman he truly loves had moved on with another man and that nothing had really changed with their family situation meant that more than likely, he wasn’t going to end up with Kaew. So there was no need for him to break up with Awn when he could actually use her to try and change Kaew’s mind as a last attempt to get her back in his life b/c he was always persistent when it came to his love for her. Like giakiem said, it was not until he saw that Awn had tried to hurt Kaew by almost allowing her to drown that he asked Awn for a break.

I think that Bor cared for Awn and was a good boyfriend to her in the beginning but I don’t think that he ever really loved her. I remember two instances where Awn accused him of worrying about his secretary and he uses work as an excuse. He says “we discussed this before in the past and you accepted it, that work is work” or “my work always comes first, you understood this” When a man put his work before you, that’s a clue that he doesn’t love you. And then there were the times when Awn had said that she loves him and he never once responded back that he loves her, too. He could lie to her that Kaew was just an ordinary secretary and that she didn’t mean anything to him, but he never could lie to Awn and say that he loves her.

About the jealousy thing, I agree with you songielove. If Bor did marry Kaew like they had planned he would have never been the jealous type. He’s a sweet and trusting man to begin with. He was so confused, frustrated, and tormented in seeing the woman that he was supposed to marry be with another man that it was really the only way for him to let out his frustrations w/o directly telling her that he still loved her b/c in those early eps, he was still very resentful of her.

I did notice that he was able to handle his jealousy a lot better after their heart to heart at Nunim’s Mother’s Day concert when Kaew told him that she knows that some things in the past hurt so much and were so horrific that they can not be forgiven, but she didn’t want them to hate each other. Then they heard the name “BorKaew” and both had flashbacks of what would have been and Bor better understood the situation and let go of some of his anger b/c after all, this is the woman that he loves.

One line in the series that pretty much represents how Bor views his relationship with both Kaew and Awn is in that scene in ep 11 when he wanted Kaew to ride with him to the company party at his house. He said, “I’ll drop you off first and I’ll pick up Awn last.” In his heart Kaew will always come first.

Edit///
Yikes, I wrote an essay. I couldn't help myself and everyone's opinions were so dead on :)

C123

sarNie Hatchling
looksy: oh yeah! that line when he said "I’ll drop you off first and I’ll pick up Awn last".. hehe, i just love how he places his prioties.. kaew first, then Awn. and also, work first, then Awn. lol :)

haha..now i kinda wish i had a subject like this in uni where everyone watches a drama and then the exam is based on our analysis..just like this! ^^;

Kudaranai

sarNie Adult
I use Por/Orn, Lyn's iheartlakorns blog uses Bor/Awn. In the end, they're the same people lol. There's no set rules for romanization with Thai. So we get Bor/Por, Awn/Orn, Pe/Pee, Phipat/Pipat. In fact, originally I used Gaew/Gong/Ging instead of Kaew/Kong/Khing. (First letter of the Thai alphabet is Gor Gai, not Kor Kai, Kor Kai is actually the second! Their names are spelled with 'gor gai'. Cue "The More You Know" jingle.) I started reading Lyn's PNGRT entries and I was like, "Okay, I'll keep Kaew" But I didn't do the same with Por because Putt's name would be Butt. And seriously..I already used Pee, do I need another character's name to be a toilet humor too? ;_;~

C123

sarNie Hatchling
ok its a bit confusing with the gor gai thing..but u know, after watching lakorns, i'm really interested in learning thai, so im trying to learn them from the internet, haha..it's hard with the pronunciation and all since there's no one to correct me..
btw, are u a native thai speaker, kudaranai?

hahaha Pee.. yeah...lol!, i guess having a Pee AND a Butt would be too much! lol XD

Kudaranai

sarNie Adult
Yes. I used to help out ThailandQA forum, there's a lot of foreigners there that speak/read/write Thai really well too. So if you're interested in the basics, you can visit here: http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5 I actually haven't been there in ages, lol.

looksy

sarNie Adult
haha..now i kinda wish i had a subject like this in uni where everyone watches a drama and then the exam is based on our analysis..just like this! ^^;
If this was a subject in school, I think that we would all pass with flying colors.

Ok, lets get some more opinions. Out of all the characters, who do you dislike the most and why? I know that I usually wait until everyone has shared their opinions b/f I post but I'm gonna post first this time b/c I really do dislike him.

Definately the character I dislike the most is Nuthi. :angry: ekkkkkkkk. WHY? Why ask? He was so possessive of Kaew and he had no right to be. He was all in her business when she asked him not to be. He's dillusional. He forgets that he is her fake boyfriend. Kaew and Pueng slapped him so many times but he still keeps on tickin. And when you least expect him, he pops out of no where. He's a physco. :wacko: I know he means well, but he never thought to ask Kaew or Pueng about what they thought about Pipat before he joined forces with him. I dislike his character to the point where I even hate his hair, :lol: he needed a haircut so bad. I'm so glad he didn't end up with Pueng. I was happy that he didn't show up in the finale, but then again it would have been nice to see him apologize to Bor and Kaew.

C123

sarNie Hatchling
i dislike Putt and PiPat...!!! don't know if i should dislike the husband more, or the wife..Putt is very suspicious of her husband, too paranoid, but her husband is one kind too! he cheats on his wife, and he has that look which makes me ??!!? if he hadnt approached Kaew's sister in the first place, she wouldnt have got shot by Putt. he just makes life harder for those innocent people around him..and 'accidentally' throwing his own daughter off the balcony??!! poor nu nim..

surprisingly, i don't really hate Awn that much even though she is possessive..because when i see her with Putt, Putt's character is wayyy more evil than Awn, so i somehow feel for Awn. plus, Putt has an evil look in her eyes which adds to how much i dislike her..but i must say, she suit her character very well..

i don't really think much about nuthi....haha i just ignore him for being so annoying at times, as for him joining forces with Pipat..i'd say he's just too naive and blinded by the truth that he trusted the wrong person..funnily enough, i don't know why i don't hate him as much as Putt and PiPat. I'm sure i'll hate him too if Putt and Pipat weren't bad. :)

Kudaranai

sarNie Adult
For me, it's a really tough choice between Nuthi and Pipat. (My GOD, James played a douche character so well. I loved him so much when I was his little, I bought his albums. Never in a million years that I'd thought he could play someone like Pipat)

And the award goes to..Nuthi! Pipat, as a bastard as he was, REALIZED that he was an a-hole. He was doing those things because he wanted to. That makes it less annoying than Nuthi's "But I'm doing it for p'Kaew!" bs. In fact, when his face pops up the screen, I cringe and curled up my body in disgust even he hasn't said a word. (I actually have to pause and yell before I could go back doing the translations. Even then I was still cringing)

I've never hated a character so much as this one. (He really rivals Thana from The Envy Code, his whole shtick was I'm doing for Lai! as well.) I don't know if it's good or bad for the actor who played this character, because a lot, and I mean A LOT of people really hate this guy. (people cheered when Pipat beat his ass!) Everything and anything he does is so ridiculous, I didn't think it was possible. I think I started really not liking him when he was being so insensitive to Pueng. (I have a soft spot for n'ek friends for some reason) Then the things he does just kept piling and piling on. I can go on forever about how much I hate Nuthi.

I know a lot of people who really hate Putt and Orn too. As weird as this'll sound..I actually don't hate Putt that much. I don't like her, but only to a certain extend where I truly loathes her (as oppose to Nuthi). The way I see it, she has a mental problem. She sees the world in black and white. You're either good or bad, there's no in between in her head. It explains why she was so nice to Orn from the start and hated Kaew's family so much. In the end, it really did seem like she was very apologetic for what she had done even though she didn't apologize. I really think she would've if she hadn't killed herself.

I know some people really dislike Kaew because of the things she does, lol. I kind of understand, her actions really make you frustrated sometimes.

C123

sarNie Hatchling
btw, thanks kudaranai for the link. hopefully, i'll be able to understand some basic thai words soon :)

yes i definitely agree the way u see it whereby Putt has mental problem. ok ok because of her problem, i will try to be understanding in her situation and yes, this makes me hate her less. now i have mixed feelings towards her, partly sorry for her too. suddenly when u mention mental problem, i recalled there were some scenes where she had to take her medication to calm her, and that part, she really seem so tranquil and not herself at all.

with Pipat, ugh... but at least he got the punishment he deserve in the end..so it's all fair..

as for nuthi,..wow, i didnt know he was hated this much! lol, i read some comments about him on youtube...u know, when he just suddenly appears out of nowhere and starts frustrating viewers....

ok ok so if i were to choose between nuthi and pipat, i'll still go for pipat.

PS. on a side note, i like Pueng and Thanwa too, besides Por + Kaew! haha..they're so cute! i think Pueng is really pretty too :)

looksy

sarNie Adult
You know I agree with Kudaranai about Nuthi and my goodness, about the “but, I’m doing it for you PKaew” excuse. Ekkkkkk. After rewatching the entire series again, I noticed that he was stupid from day one. Remember ep 5 in that scene when Bor and Kaew meet again after six years, Nu comes over with the dumpling dessert. Hello, “Nutard” it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that there is some sort of tension going on between Bor and Kaew. :blink: Heck, Tunwa sensed it, why didn’t he? So he asks Kaew to taste the dessert in front of everyone while they are standing. I’m like can’t you just wait until she sits down or something?

And I agree with you on Putt. She did have mental issues and she did see you as good or bad but never in between. Either you are one or the other. I remember that when she met Khing for the first time she was like “you are Kaew’s sister and Kaew is sweet so you must be sweet also” and then after she shoots Khing, she see Kaew as all of the sudden evil just like her sister. She definitely had mental issues. :wacko:

As far as Kaew, I totally understand her. It takes a strong person to give up what you want most (the love of her life) for what you think is best for your family. Her methods may sometimes appear a little mean, but she really did do what she thought was best whether it was dealing with Bor by pushing him away or with Kong by telling him to break it up with Pe. She knew the pain of not being able to openly love someone b/c of the family connection and she thought that she was going to save him from future heartache if she stopped the problem before it started. The thing was Kong was already in it too deep with Pe so it was too late for her to stop her brother from any heartache.

Editt///
How could you not love the Pueng and Tunwa combo, too cute? :wub:

C123

sarNie Hatchling
this whole analysis thing is really making me think twice and beneath the surface of the storyline.
after watching PNGRT and before i entered sarnworld's PNGRT topic, this was how i felt:
- love Bor+Kaew, Pueng+Thanwa, Kong+Pee
- dislike Putt+Pipat
- no feelings for Nuthi

now i'm gradually beginning to:
- understand Putt, and thus, dislike her less than before, but i can't totally not dislike her because she took the life an innocent person
- recalling all the things nuthi had done, yes, i'm starting to dislike him.

however, at the very beginning, i can't remember which ep, but when nuthi first appeared, i think he left me a good impression thats y the feeling kinda stayed, likewise, initially, Putt has left me with a bad impression so i guess i felt like that throughout the whole show.

hmm,..this makes me realise, maybe i shouldnt judge a character by the first impression? :p