prom!

LaLa23x23

sarNie Elites
so whos going to prom this year?!?! what kind of dress you gonna be wearing? and hairstyle? going with a date?

well for me...haha i didnt look for my dress yet and i want my hair to be in curls. what color dress should i get??

i have a date..but im scared shitless. he's this 19 turning 20 year old guy, and he doesnt go to my school. so of course he wasnt gonna ask me to my own prom..so i asked him, and i knew he was gonna say yes cause we've been crushing on each other from some time now. and well..should he pick me up? or just meet me there..cause me and my friends are going to someones house to get ready there and stuff...so i dunno if my date should pick me up there or just meet at prom. and also..i know i ownt be able to go to the after parties cause my parents are gay like that..but my date is a guy that parties a lot..and iunno if its ognna spoil his fun. so yeah..thats my problem..

noungning

Heartless
aw i see u in a blue dress for some reason... lol but as for picking u up or meeting u there. he should pick u up, he's ur date so he'd feel a bit awkward to have to meet his date at the prom instead of before...or maybe that's just my point of view.

LaLa23x23

sarNie Elites
the thing is he lives like 30 mins away from me..and also..ima be with all my friends getting ready..so iunno..im freaking out about it..

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
Azn_LaDy said:
sad...i never went to my prom..... :( ..now i wish i did....

[post="123256"][/post]​

me too...i didn't went to my senoir prom.....'cause my friend didn't go since their husband didn't wanted to....so i know i'll be lonely since i don't have a date either....i didn't go....but i really want to try how it goes...'cause believe me i've never attend any parties throughout my whole life, such as prom, outside parties that cost $ or etc at all...well, except small birthday parties....but that doesn't really cost me anything...'cause a small gift doesn't cost that much.....i guess this year isn't my year of attending any parties/prom yet...probably next year.... :p

noungning

Heartless
hunny 30 mins away from your house?! gosh it's a prom date... well though he's going to see you with your friends he has kept in mind that this is your prom! don't stress it!! but at least you should meet up with him before the prom... i mean if i had to meet my date at the prom it just makes me feel weird.

actually what i did with proms lets see... i miss my junior prom because i went to my friend's as his date, then i went to my friends' senior prom and also my own prom... i've spent $$$$$$$ on these things... well the junior prom one was really nice because we all had differnt shades of blue... there were 6 couples and we had on all different shades of blue dresses and the guys all had ties matching our dress heheeh... but the best part was the long stem white roses! though there were only 3 roses. it was soo pretty... gosh that brings back so much go memories. :D

Reagan

sarNie Adult
off topic - man i went to my formal by myself, lol just sat in one spot thru out the night then went home, lol thats the life

st_nba

sarNie Juvenile
I didn't go to the soph-hop (???), junior prom, and senior prom. I don't regret it, but maybe I should have went to at least one to get a feel of a school dance. I didn't want to go anyways, I wanted to play around with my mom...she said no anyways, why go...her friends daughter didn't, so she assumes there was no reason for me to go. So weird.

Anyways, poor Reagan. Did you at least get to dance?

Have fun at the Prom LaLa. Since you love to take picture, don't forget to show us some. ;)

LaLa23x23

sarNie Elites
hahah thanks guys. if i get a limo then i think we'll go pick up my date..but if not. then im gonna tell him to pick me up at my friends house lol.

my date is definately not a gentleman. see since its my prom..i had to ask ihm right. but i didnt DIRECTLY ask him. this is how it went (short version)

me: so what you doin june 17
date: what day is that
me: sat
date: lemme see
date: so whats going on that day
me: nothing
date: oohhi know your prom huh?
me: yeah
date: so what about prom?
me: nothing
date: so you want me to go with you

then he had to ask his boss to see if he got the day off and he did. and i went to go buy the tickets. THEN he called me

date: so how much od i owe you?
me: well the tickets are 80 each
me: you can just pay for your own ticket
him: ok then so i owe you 80?

i dont want him to pay for my ticket..but i wanted to see if he would offer to at least pay. and he didnt...so im kinda like..this isnt such a great guy..but i like him and he likes me..oh well what can i do about it.

does the boutonaire come with the corsage?

Reagan

sarNie Adult
if you invite someone out, usually they should pay, as your inviting them out, guy or girl, well thats my view

noungning

Heartless
lol um i guess i see it differently lol... ok here's my view... i've seen boyfriends buying girlfriends everything from tickets to prom dress, spa treatment and whatever.

but u've asked the person to go, meaning you wanted him to go with you. so it's great that he pays for his own ticket and not assume you'd pay for everything. 2 if he's working then he'd have to check for days off because it'd be messed up if he tells u yes, but had to work that saturday.

damn 80 for prom tickets?!?! wholly molly my tickets were 2 for 100 and i was complaining! lol because i had to pay 50 lol... but um where i live boutonaire and the corsage doesn't come together... the guy buys the corsage and the girl gets the boutonaire... but i didn't like the corsage so i said just go all out for my flowers please lol...:D

Reagan

sarNie Adult
ok to be more technical,
if a girl invites a guy out, either she offers to shout or he says he'll pay for himself, or possibly he pays for it, but she should never think " his gonna shout" thats not good,
if a guy invites a girl out, he should pay, and if she wants to pay for herself, I dont know, lol I just hate paying for someon and they wont let me, so then you discuss it infront of the counter, and its like WOOP WOOP!

my prom was yesterday. lolss. it was a blast. dance my a$$ off. lmao. my dress was brown and i put my hair up. i also went to go and picked my date up. yup yup yupperz. haha. >.<

pii-nky

sarNie Juvenile
i went to my PRE-PROM like weeeeks ago =P

i wasn't suppose to be at prom because its not my year yet, but we had some kind of Student Congress and I was to help out. INSTEAD-- i skipped my shift && got in =P

oooohh. can't wait till MY year!! :D

kitkat

sarNie Elites
wow prom! i went all 4 proms from freshman to senior including 3 at other friends' proms... it were sooo AWESOMELY BLAST! yeah yeah i spent a ton of money! >"< but it was all good. :D

yeah my school isn't that big campus, though...

anyways, i always thought if i were you who invites a guy... i would have to pay his ticket... because prom usually is GUYS ASK GIRLS OUT... so guys pay tickets for them.. but you do opposite then you pay for it.. but at least you guys dutch it. right? :p

LaLa23x23

sarNie Elites
i didnt techinically ASK him to prom. i just asked what he was doing that night. then he said 'you want me to go with yu?" so lol i didnt ASK him. i guess we both knew wsup you know.

andi had to ask him, or give him a hint, because he wasnt about to ask me to my own prom..

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
LaLa23x23 said:
so whos going to prom this year?!?! what kind of dress you gonna be wearing? and hairstyle? going with a date?

well for me...haha i didnt look for my dress yet and i want my hair to be in curls. what color dress should i get??

i have a date..but im scared shitless. he's this 19 turning 20 year old guy, and he doesnt go to my school. so of course he wasnt gonna ask me to my own prom..so i asked him, and i knew he was gonna say yes cause we've been crushing on each other from some time now. and well..should he pick me up? or just meet me there..cause me and my friends are going to someones house to get ready there and stuff...so i dunno if my date should pick me up there or just meet at prom. and also..i know i ownt be able to go to the after parties cause my parents are gay like that..but my date is a guy that parties a lot..and iunno if its ognna spoil his fun. so yeah..thats my problem..
[post="123233"][/post]​
I love Prom or formal (thats what we called ours in Aussie)
I think you should meet at the house you are getting ready at coz it would be better to ARRIVE together..its more couple/partner like

I remember my formal, it was soooooo much fun, I had choosen my dress 6 months in advance..hahaha, the food at the hotel place we had it was crap but the people and just high school finishing made up for it. plus I got pressies, a ring, flowers and one of those flower things that you tie around your waist....from 3 different guys....who weren't even my date...muahahaha, gosh that night was good

I hope you super fun with your Prom LaLa

bugsy

sarNie Adult
ahhh....prom time again....o the memories....

i didnt go to my prom because of some personal problems and i regret not going...cause damn...it could've been the best night of my life...seriously!! best night of my life!! BUT, i spent that night doing something else instead.....till this day, i dont know if it was a good or bad decision. o_O

Anyways....i hope you have a superly duperly fun time at your prom, lala23x23......and you said the guy and you are just crushing?? well....hopefully prom night will make it into something else. ^_^ Good luck!!

LaLa23x23

sarNie Elites
thanks bugsy. hopefully something special will happen...haha. wait not like that. but yeah..and ohyeah..he's pciking me up for prom..haha its settled.