program use to edit video?

Captainlover

sarNie Elites
I was just wondering if someone can help me here. I have to do this short video for my class but i need to know what kind of program do i need in order to edit the video. and how to plug the video into the computer? PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

darvil

sarNie Adult
It seems like you haven't moved the video into the PC yet.

What is your source first of all? is it a camcorder, camera, etc?

You need to move the video into PC first. If its a camcorder, it should come with cables that you can use.. such as a firewire cable or usb.

Captainlover

sarNie Elites
thanks u so much. i got it now but its so hard to use the program to edit it. i need a lot of work with it. Do u know how i could cut clips out that i don't like. and seem like when i add on something to the video i can't undo it and i have to start all over again. I'm using Movie edit pro 11.
thanks

darvil

sarNie Adult
thanks u so much. i got it now but its so hard to use the program to edit it. i need a lot of work with it. Do u know how i could cut clips out that i don't like. and seem like when i add on something to the video i can't undo it and i have to start all over again. I'm using Movie edit pro 11.
thanks
video editing cna get complicated.

I'm not familiar with movie edit pro 11 but there are some others that I'ved used like Ulead Medai pro and adobe premier.

What you want to do should be very simple to do. If you want to delete certain frames it should just be highlight and then delete button.

You should keep things simple. These large programs might be confusing for you.

Have you tried using just virtual dub? cutting stuff is pretty easy on it. I even have a vid tutorial you can see how to do it.

Captainlover

sarNie Elites
i never use virtual dub? this is so hard and seem like i'm not going anywhere with this program and my project is due in 2 days. and i haven't even film it yet.

darvil

sarNie Adult
if you want I can give you alot of help tonight.. provided you COME IN THE CHATROOM and WAIT for me.

I'm leaving soon but will be back about an hour and a half. I can then show you how to do it.

Its your choice what you want to do.

Captainlover

sarNie Elites
ok thanks
i'm reading the menu but it doesn't seem to help. i will try to wait for u then. thanks