Princeton Review vs. Kaplan

juicee

sarNie Elites
Hey has anyone taken the MCATs? I was just wondering which is better between Kaplan and PR? I took PR for SATs and it was okay. I really didn't put that much effort into it, but I still got a high score (but I don't really know how much PR helped me).

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
personally...i think both of them are just a waste of money...i mean they're around 1000-1200 and in the end...it doesn't help much...it's just that...if u spent that much money...you have more of a motivation to study...but overall it's pointless...just set aside 10 hrs or so each week and study on ur own...what i would suggest is for you to go to the aamc site and take a look at the sample tests...which are overwhelming...but don't let it get to you...becuz the exam is very doable if u really have the motivation...take the pre-test once or twice so that u get the hang of it...and then take the real exam...becuz the exam's 8 hrs long...also with the princeton and kaplan the pre-tests that they give you...u can get those off the aamc site...so you just saved urself a ton of money

juicee

sarNie Elites
the whole money issue isn't much of an issue though. i was just wondering which program would be better. anyways, anti-hmong, so when did you take the mcats? how was it? and if you don't mind, how well did you score? i was just wondering, cause i've heard people doing very well and those who totally bombed (most likely cause they weren't prepared). but how soon did ya start studying? etc...etc...etc...

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
i haven't taken it yet...hopefully i'll be taking it next april...but i've taken two pre-tests and it was the worse test i've ever taken!...as for my scores on the pre-test they were pretty low considering i haven't taken organic chemistry or physics and that's 1/3 of the exam...i'm taking those two courses this semester...so hopefully i'll be prepared when it comes time to take the exam...start studying as soon as you can...the more studying that you do...the better you'll do...and over-studying is better than under-studying...if u really wanna go with either princeton or kaplan...i'd say go for kaplan becuz i've heard that they prepare you for the mcats better than princeton...now whether that's true or not...i don't know...it's just what i've heard

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
using any of the mcat prep book is a good way to go...and basically just review all ur basic biology, general chem & organic chem, and physics notes and stuff...you don't really need calc or stats...

juicee

sarNie Elites
yeah, but which books are you using? pr, kaplan, examcrackers, golden standard, etc? just wanna know how good they are...

juicee

sarNie Elites
hey anti-hmong, have you heard of examkrackers? I'm thinking about their review course, I've heard good raves. Just wondering what are you're thoughts...