Possible Fried Computer??

SunnyS

sarNie Elites
Ok this morning we had a pretty bad storm in my city and the electricity kinda went out. Now my dad computer won't boot up but when I turn on the power on the computer it comes up, but nothing load the monitor just stays blank and the fan on the tower is extra loud. Also my dad was a cheap skate and didn't have his computer plug into those fat surge protector, I bet he now wish he had listen to me when I told him to go buy one. Dare I wish it was just the motherboard that maybe got fried? Do you think I might need to replace my whole system?

swtanne

oohh this had happened to me before, not sure if exactly like yours or not..we had our comp. turned off for a week cuz we went on a vacation and when we came back nothing turned on, just the sound of the fan which was making noises and working hard..the monitor was on but it was blank and nothing would work..we tried every way we can and there was no way to turn it back off, since nothing came up on the screen so we had to keep unplugging it and turning it on again, but it would be the same..we've thought of returning it to the store, and after like many tries we finally unplug it and just left it there hopping that it'll work the next time we try it..and luckily it did! I don't know what the problem was, but the first time that it would, it would keep shutting it self down, so I was like panicking cuz my stuff might all get erase, but after restarting it and trying to normally use it, it got better and is normal again :) haha! sorry but I didn't really help, but there's a chance that you might not have to replace the whole system cuz we thought the same thing.... ^_^

musicstinger

Xtreme sarNie
SunnyS said:
Ok this morning we had a pretty bad storm in my city and the electricity kinda went out. Now my dad computer won't boot up but when I turn on the power on the computer it comes up, but nothing load the monitor just stays blank and the fan on the tower is extra loud. Also my dad was a cheap skate and didn't have his computer plug into those fat surge protector, I bet he now wish he had listen to me when I told him to go buy one. Dare I wish it was just the motherboard that maybe got fried? Do you think I might need to replace my whole system?
[post="113790"][/post]​

Yikes, from my own experience when my computer fried up because of some overload in current. Everything fried up in a matter of seconds. And the sad thing was that it was plugged into a surge, but somehow the surge was delivering too much current so it shorted out my power supply which everything was connected to. Anyways, in your case, I wouldn't know, because I don't see your computer. But my guess would be that it might have fried up the whole computer, but you never know, maybe just the power supply was burnt, but most likely if the power supply gets shorted, the entire computer gets shorted as well. You can try replacing the power supply and see if everything powers up correctly. Good luck to you.. I hope your computer was not fried like mine was... :wub:

darvil

sarNie Adult
musicstinger is correct.

First thing you need to do is to install another power supply and see if that'll fix everything.

Surge protectors are so important.. Now you can convince him to buy one lol

SunnyS

sarNie Elites
Man when I came home today my dad was looking all sad and stuff because his computer won't work and all. He really love his computer too :wub: :wub: . But one sucky thing about this is that I had just barely brought that computer for him for X-mas like 6 month ago and still haven't even finish paying it off yet. Now I know how those parents feel like when they tell there kids to do something and they don't than the worse happen..hehehe

noungning

Heartless
SunnyS said:
Man when I came home today my dad was looking all sad and stuff because his computer won't work and all. He really love his computer too :wub: :wub: . But one sucky thing about this is that I had just barely brought that computer for him for X-mas like 6 month ago and still haven't even finish paying it off yet. Now I know how those parents feel like when they tell there kids to do something and they don't than the worse happen..hehehe
[post="113888"][/post]​
omg did u buy warranty? i can't really recommend much because i've never really dealt with one.