Poj Thoj

ntxhais

sarNie Hatchling
Ladies...Gentlemen...does anyone know what really happened to him? He was one of the greatest male singers...What a loss. I remember my little 4 year old nephew use to listen to his music all the time...

So, anyone in here related to him that knows the actual truth and not just rumors...

From what I've heard, his wife killed him but the details are kinda fuzzy.... ohies... kho siab heev listening to his songs....

danger

sarNie Hatchling
A while back, I was doing some research on him and how he died and I came to a conclusion that he must've been poisoned by someone. Many have said that it was his wife and his producer that plotted his death. Since there was no hard evidence of any sort, no one was at fault of his death.

Pov, in my opinion, is one of the best Hmong male singer of all time. By the way, do any of you who sings Pov Thoj's songs get some sort of weird feelings when you sing his songs for a long time. :mellow:

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
I heard that Su Thao, that movie producer, wanted to marry his wife, but he refused to sell his wife to Su. On that day, he went to shoot a movie for Su Thao knowing that Su Thao had asked him to give his wife to Su. From what I heard, Su promised Pov Thao's wife that if she killed Pov Thao, he would marry her. I heard that it was his friend and his wife that poisoned him. His friend was so scared that he killed himsel afterward too. Su Thao just threw some money to Pov's family and left Thailand. I heard that Pov's family didn't call the cops on Su Thao, because they were just refugees who became Thai citizens. They didn't want to cause any more trouble.

dreams_x

sarNie Oldmaid
I heard that Su Thao, that movie producer, wanted to marry his wife, but he refused to sell his wife to Su. On that day, he went to shoot a movie for Su Thao knowing that Su Thao had asked him to give his wife to Su. From what I heard, Su promised Pov Thao's wife that if she killed Pov Thao, he would marry her. I heard that it was his friend and his wife that poisoned him. His friend was so scared that he killed himsel afterward too. Su Thao just threw some money to Pov's family and left Thailand. I heard that Pov's family didn't call the cops on Su Thao, because they were just refugees who became Thai citizens. They didn't want to cause any more trouble.
thats wat i heard too.. i think they did a hmong movie on it... i think...

candi

sarNie Juvenile
stop with all the assumptions if you dont know what REALLY happened! and all these "i heard" is so annoying!!!

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
I said it because my aunt is a hmoob thai. Her family just came from Thailand around the time when Pov Thoj died. Her brother lives in Pov Thao's village.

mokka

sarNie Adult
thats what i heard as well too...
i think when my mom talked to one of pov's relative, that's what he said but because they don't have any evidence, they just let it go...

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
too much rumor but what my parents herd back then was after filming su took pao to eat fawm and put (something in his fawm ) to lo pao then he died....but i no none of them r true..

PajHavZoov

sarNie Hatchling
Those people...they could've and should've had an autopsy done. Then Su Thao, if innocent, would've saved his reputation from the big hit it took. Same for Pov's wife/widow. But they were poor, uneducated, superstitious, Hmong cobfab tawg rog ua refugees tos ua Hmoob Thaib only, so...*shrugs*

I love Pov Thoj's voice. Gives me chills everytime I hear it. So sweet, so clear, so beautiful...*sighs* And from what I heard from someone who was close to him (one of his co-stars...), he was a sweet person as well. An extraordinary talent...hu nkauj kho siab heev. Hard to believe the anniversary of his death is coming up...the 9th anniversary...he's left us for 9 years already...tu siab heev.

I hope that it wasn't over a woman. Pov's wife starred in the movie he did for Su Thao, and she sure ain't all that...not worth killing your #1 business for, if you are Su Thao.

What I'm curious about...in an article in the Hmong tribune, it said that Pov, his wife, his friend Pov Xyooj, and Pov Xyooj's wife were going to see a shaman. And supposedly there was an accident. If so, how come only he was killed? Were the others hurt?

Lots of speculation. Blame the producer, blame the woman, blame the friend, blame jealous rivals? It would make one hell of a movie...

May he rest in peace, may his voice comfort us in times of loneliness and sadness and bring us some light...Rest in peace, Pov Thoj. Sing for the angels the way you did for us on earth.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
stop with all the assumptions if you dont know what REALLY happened! and all these "i heard" is so annoying!!!
i agree..because you stating Su Thao's name whether it's true or not..it will difinetly damage his name

juz leave his death alone....digging it back up will only bring pain to his family...if they're not searching for the reason of his death then stay out of it...

candi

sarNie Juvenile
well what can they do about it use other words than "i heard" ????..... :huh:
you could just remain silent if you dont know what really happened and only "heard" from other people. no use spreading more rumors when they are enough speculation out there as it as already.

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
Pov Thoj is a legend! Like Elvis, Pov Thoj has not left the building yet.
^ i agree.
his music are still some of the best ballads ever!!

poisoning was one thing many people thought about.

but i think that since he passed already,
i think we should just try to keep his name in a positive light.

heck, who would REALLY know.
maybe someone needs to do some shaman get down.
i dont know.

but dang, he is a true, real, passionate singer.
his passing was a big lost.
even as a 6th grader, i understood that lost.